Credit Cruch, Crunch Credit...

Uncle Larry

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So many of my graduate mates who got 2.1's in their degrees have opted to do masters because they can't find a job.I know guys with First Class degrees that aren't getting jobs.It's f*cked right now.

I feel like I'm getting boyed. I could get a 1st but because I don't have 280 UCAS points I'm getting shegged and not looked at. And the worst thing is one of my A-Level grades wasn't really my fault considering they gave us a teacher that couldn't speak English properly let alone teach.

So many of my graduate mates who got 2.1's in their degrees have opted to do masters because they can't find a job.I know guys with First Class degrees that aren't getting jobs.It's f*cked right now.
just out of interest which university did your friends go to?
All over the place.Brunel, Bristol, Aston are some of them.

i dont think it really makes a difference that much if u have a 2:1 or a 1st, its if u have a 2:2 or a 3rd then you'd find it really hard getting a decent job
Nah a first is rare, it makes a big difference.Everyone knows a 2.1 doesnt require much more work than it takes to get a 2.2 but a first requires a hell of a lot more work.

i dont think it really makes a difference that much if u have a 2:1 or a 1st, its if u have a 2:2 or a 3rd then you'd find it really hard getting a decent job
Nah a first is rare, it makes a big difference.Everyone knows a 2.1 doesnt require much more work than it takes to get a 2.2 but a first requires a hell of a lot more work.
yeh but companies dont tend to ask that people have a 1stthey'll ask for a 2:1 at least

u need 300 ucas points and a 2:1 at leastalso need to be obviously decent with numbers and pass the numeracy test which should be easy if u want a career in accountancygoing to a top uni isnt important
WRONG Accountancy is done by people who were rejected by IBs.No ones first choice is accountancy. People who got 2:2s are doing Accountancy, e.g Ernst and Young, Delloite will take you if you have 2:2 and good A levels, they don't advertise it.

A'levels are important. My A'levels are shite.Gonna sit 2 A'Levels once I graduate.

u need 300 ucas points and a 2:1 at leastalso need to be obviously decent with numbers and pass the numeracy test which should be easy if u want a career in accountancygoing to a top uni isnt important
WRONG Accountancy is done by people who were rejected by IBs.No ones first choice is accountancy. People who got 2:2s are doing Accountancy, e.g Ernst and Young, Delloite will take you if you have 2:2 and good A levels, they don't advertise it.
think before you quotei was refering specifically to where i workand many peoples first choice is accountancy, there are people with 1sts working in accountancy. and yes pwc, deloitte etc will take you but they wont let you do the aca and if u flop at the first hurdles, then you're sackedand they will also take you only if they believe you have what it takes to pass the exams and maybe flopped under exceptional circumstances

Tomorrow is a huge day for me, purchased rbs & lloyds tsb on friday anticipating the news over the weekend. The government are lending £20bn to RBS & £5bn to Lloyds as i had predicted, just hope this is enough to restore confidence although i do not think it will be.

• 1 month later...
thats bullshit tbh. my bredrin dropped out in 2nd yr..took computing courses and is working at bank of america on £36k... his mates with degrees are now doing the same short courses he did..only thing was they had to waste 3yrs at uni 1st.and i know another person who had a 3rd class, but has banking experience and is working at citibank. lol i dunno for how long tho since theyre gonna get rid of about 50,000 of them. im not feeling the crunch..im gaining from it. i am feeling or noticing inflation, cos i see prices in stores gone up like mad.

thats bullshit tbh. my bredrin dropped out in 2nd yr..took computing courses and is working at bank of america on £36k... his mates with degrees are now doing the same short courses he did..only thing was they had to waste 3yrs at uni 1st.and i know another person who had a 3rd class, but has banking experience and is working at citibank. lol i dunno for how long tho since theyre gonna get rid of about 50,000 of them. im not feeling the crunch..im gaining from it. i am feeling or noticing inflation, cos i see prices in stores gone up like mad.
think they are more the exception than the rule

Guest Logster
Exactly.

Exactly.
Yeah but at the same time, its silly to generalise and say those who obtain a 2:2 are unlikely to find a good job.

Guest Logster
Exactly.
Yeah but at the same time, its silly to generalise and say those who obtain a 2:2 are unlikely to find a good job.
I c/s that