January Window

MrJibbles

• Replies 628
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From reading between the lines on Arshavin...Arsenal have offered 12m (probably all upfront), with 3m in bonuses and said thats the final offer.I suspect they have informed Arshavin too what they will pay him and believe it will be easy to iron anything out and agree.Zenit are still holding out for the 15m all upfront.So effectively we are now play Russian Roulette, and waiting for them to accept our final bid.Which they probably won't.

Arsenal have been granted a work-permit for Andrei Arshavin ahead of a proposed move to Emirates Stadium. The Gunners have been in talks with the Russia international and his club Zenit St Petersburg over the last few weeks.A fee is yet to be agreed, but Arsenal have applied for a permit as they appear to be closing on an agreement.The Gunners have until Monday to finalise the move and the announcement that they now have a permit in place is likely to see the north London club push to try and finalise his capture.Manager Arsene Wenger said on Friday he wanted the deal done within 24 hours.

Guest Sho|Case
Arsene Wenger says he is "confident" that Arsenal will sign Andrei Arshavin from Zenit St Petersburg before the end of the current transfer window. However, the Arsenal boss denied a deal has been completed for the Russian playmaker, 27, or that a work permit had been applied for and granted. "We are always confident, we try our best, if we can find an agreement, we will do it," said Wenger. "No deal has been done and we have not applied for a work permit yet." Wenger added: "Whether we are close or not has little meaning - it does not matter how close you are, what is important is that you agree. "At the moment, we have no agreement with anybody for any transfer." Manchester City and Italian champions Inter Milan are also reported to be interested in the midfielder. Zenit St Petersburg have said they are willing to sell the player at the right price but Arsenal will not improve their offer of £12m plus bonuses for the 27-year-old. Arshavin's wage demands have also been a problem but reports suggest he may be willing to compromise. Wenger said he would like to get a deal sorted out before the end of January but he is aware that he is running out of time. "These kind of stories sometimes develop in the last minute on the final day of the transfer window. It is very difficult to predict," he said. "I can only give you the way we think on our side. I cannot give you what other people think."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...nal/7831046.stm

Arsenal can confirm that young striker Rui Fonte has joined Championship side Crystal Palace on loan for one month.The 18 year-old forward, who signed professional terms with Arsenal in the summer of 2007, will join up with his older brother Jose, who is a defender with Neil Warnock's south London side.Rui, a Portuguese Youth International, signed for Arsenal from his hometown club Sporting Lisbon in the summer of 2006 and has been a regular in the Reserves this season, scoring three goals from his seven appearances.Fonte started the current campaign with a substitute appearance in the traditional pre-season curtain-raiser against Barnet, and made his first team debut, coming on as a late substitute in the Carling Cup Fourth Round victory over Wigan Athletic at Emirates Stadium in November.Rui will immediately join up with Crystal Palace and will stay on loan with The Eagles for a one month period.Everyone at Arsenal Football Club wishes Rui the best of luck with Crystal Palace.
Didn't even know we could loan him.

L from Tulse, lmao.I people forgetting that I posted that I switched off, smh.and like I said "True Fan" from a guy thats on here for EVERY Arsenal match...Last 20 minutes is not most of the match. Most would be switching off in the first half.When some of you get at least red membership then you can try chat sh*t.