Parkinson - "She aint so Goody"

hardface

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

How come you compared Beckham to Jade?
Read the whole text and your answer is in there. She sold image, he sells image. His talent only takes him so far. Minus the image, I doubt he'd have played for Real Madrid and AC Milan. He'd be any Ryan Giggs as another pretty boy who just wanted to kick ball. But that was just going off on a tangent, lets not play silly buggersp.s. Dont put me in your plans of people to pick a fight with. Its not that

Read the whole text and your answer is in there. She sold image, he sells image. His talent only takes him so far. Minus the image, I doubt he'd have played for Real Madrid and AC Milan. He'd be any Ryan Giggs as another pretty boy who just wanted to kick ball. But that was just going off on a tangent, lets not play silly buggersp.s. Dont put me in your plans of people to pick a fight with. Its not that
lol @ the p.s.But at least Beckham had talent and worked hard at it 2 get where he is. Also theres a huge difference between adverts and selling your actual life. I doubt if he had an injury he would be involved in any kind of deal where cameras were flashing in his childrens faces every time they came to see him at the hospital. Even if they offered him a billion

lol @ the p.s.But at least Beckham had talent and worked hard at it 2 get where he is. Also theres a huge difference between adverts and selling your actual life. I doubt if he had an injury he would be involved in any kind of deal where cameras were flashing in his childrens faces every time they came to see him at the hospital. Even if they offered him a billion
I'm sure I wrote "to a certain degree". It was all relative to the text and point. If you dont think it should have been included, well I may just consider that. Duly noted

:blink: Any Ryan Giggs, aren't you a Man Utd fan as well?And although Beckham and Kournikova did sell their image their obvious talent and years of hard work was what allowed them to be in that position, the same can't be said of Jade.

wot do u mean she didnt choose that lifeno one forced her to go on big brotherno one forced her to keep milking publicity after she died
when i say she didnt choose that life i mean when he said this:"She was brought up on a sink estate, as a child came to know both drugs and crime, was barely educated, ignorant and puerile"
Yh thought he took the piss with that part, she didnt choose that for herself.I mean i dont like the media whoring but when you break it all down she was firstly just a product of her environment, then secondly a victim for social entertainment.I dont think the money she got paid was an excuse for how she was exploited for her ignorance. If she hadnt got paid there would have been outrage at the exploitation tbh.
c/sThats what people need to remember. Had anyone from her background been given the opportunity to become a millionaire the way she did, who would really refuse it? Dont hate the player, hate the game springs to mindI think he was very rude if I'm honest. Sounds like a typical middle-class snob. I appreciate the essence of his statement but he came across as one of those snobs
I disagree.How many people do you know that come from impoverished backgrounds but aren't ignorant, racist, simple, and vulgar.About "Product of her environment".I hate when people try and justify louts with that statement.There are ways of making money. Hers was a tacky, classless one, and despite what anyone says it's true, so whether or not shes dead, the truth remains.
For every 10 theres about 2. Generally speaking, people from similar backgrounds turn out to be sh*t like her. Why do we commend people who arent like that coming from a similar background? Because they are the minority who werent supposed to be able to do it.Her's was tacky yes, no doubt, but do you blame her considering the options she had? I don't. Anyway, selling an image is what most people do, talent only takes you so far, be it music or acting. Only thing is sports where talent can speak without the image. If you want the big bits then image once again. Look at Anna Kournikova and even David Beckham to a certain degree. What would you say was classless about what she did?I dont disagree with what he said (see bold) because it was the media who gave her the opportunity. I just thought he came across like a snob.
Take it with a pinch of salt man sh*t. It was ramble. I thought writing to a certain degree would have llowed this hassle.There isnt a comparison between Becks and Jade. Thats called manipulating what was written to suit your point. I used Becks and Kournikova as a point of sportspeople who have used image to become a position in their sports where their talent wouldnt have got them. Would Becks had gone to USA without the image? Would he be at AC Milan now?And yes, any Ryan Giggs. Giggs could have been Beckham if he played the game, but he didnt so he's just a baller. I dont understand what you lot arent getting. What are you lot really saying that I didnt already say?