Budden V Method Man

Mr Q

http://www.vibe.com/news/online_exclusives..._vs_method_man/
The tournament hasn’t even started yet, but the competition is already heating up. In the two weeks since we first revealed our expansive THE BEST RAPPER EVER bracket, there has been much debate over which rappers made the list, which rappers didn’t, and just how we determined the seedings for the 127 rappers who did make the tournament. Now, we knew this was going to cause a firestorm, but not even we could predict Joe Budden’s reaction. In case you missed it, last weekend the New Jersey rapper best known for his year 2004 hit, “Pump It Up,” from his self-titled Def Jam Recordings debut, took issue with the tournament on Joe Budden TV (which you can watch here). During the 10-minute segment, Budden rails against almost everyone, claiming he’s better than at least 50 MCs on the list. But it was his comments about Method Man— “you mean to tell me that if Method Man was standing in front of my face right this second, and we had to rap, back and forth, that Method Man would be the victor?”—that have carried the story through the week. Last night, Method Man called in to DJ Enuff’s AList Radio show to respond, and the back and forth continued when the two called in to Power 105.1’s [WWPR-FM] “Ed Lover Show” earlier today. This afternoon, a video hit the ‘Net of Method Man and Redman stopping by Tony Touch’s radio show at Shade 45, during which Method Man freestyles a verse that some are billing as a Joe Budden diss. Intrigued? So are we.Check out the brackets for yourself (the Play-In Round is going on now). Who knows? If both Joe Budden and Method Man can make it through the first two rounds, you’ll get the chance to settle this debate yourselves when the two go head-to-head in Round III. Until then, get caught up on the full back and forth below, and be sure to check back on Monday when the full bracket opens up and you’ll get your chance to name The Best Rapper Ever.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so wat this emo is blogging about some fantasy playoff list that got the order wrong,whys he even watching the list?guy needs to jump off a cliff or suttin*awaits diss song about this post*
lol
Joe Budden loves to bait everyone out when his interest goes dead.
c/s
Washed guy.
c/s

Guest Ian Wright 8

joe be violating too much now...as i said, he's sick yeah, but he can't f*ck with ticalno waynot everbut he does have points about a lot of people and i agree with his outlook on hip hopand he's definitely better than 90% of people on that list but method man is a G

I dont get it. What is he saying that we dont say about all these lists? Is it because he is notorious for speaking out the side of his mouth or something? Bar 4 bar I reckon he'd murk Meth, but Meth's a legend in this ting so maybe he went too far. Should have picked a peer.

those saying he can chat to meth on a lyrical level really need to reevaluate method mans discography in a massive wayhe mite be a more backpack guy in a battle but a method man line is worth at least his whole careerdoing some face wen prodigy is listed as 15,even joell ortiz says wats wrong with thatguy needs to werk out were his stands in the grand scheme of things

Guest WAVESURFER
guy needs to werk out were his stands in the grand scheme of things
THIS.And tbh, any Max B hook>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Budden's entire career.

Guest Wu-Tang

Its gotten to max just to show that certain guys opinion can't be trustedPeople are saying Meth>>>>>>So if you recognise Meth is the truth, how can you say Max >> Budden :lol:

Its gotten to max just to show that certain guys opinion can't be trustedPeople are saying Meth>>>>>>So if you recognise Meth is the truth, how can you say Max >> Budden :lol:
brother i have a disorderi can only hear the real artistsmax b is the truthand thats just the way its got to go down

I like Buddens music, he's actually very talented. But he has a tendency to come across as an idiot at times.Rappers like bow wow, missy and mc hammer have no business being on that list.That's when you know not to take it seriously. But Joe Budden always has to run his mouth.

I like Buddens music, he's actually very talented. But he has a tendency to come across as an idiot at times.Rappers like bow wow, missy and mc hammer have no business being on that list.That's when you know not to take it seriously. But Joe Budden always has to run his mouth.
This is the epitomy. Budden chats sh*t on a regular even if it is the truth, his persistance is just annoying and just degrades his value. Plus it's also so convenient when people stop chatting about him, Padded Room and his chick Tahiry that he starts to pop sh*t.

I'm following method man on twitter and these are his past updates:
WE GOT sh*t LINED UP RIGHT NOW. THIS NIGGA CAREER BOUT TO BE DONE! NIGGA ALBUM FLOPPED SO HE TRYING TO GET BUZZ FROM US !about 21 hours ago from webTOLD YAL TO WATCH WHAT HAPPEN EARLIER AINT I! sh*t GETTING UGLY. THIS NIGGA BEEN EXPOSED BEFORE AND HE GOT NOTHING ON ME. STAY TUNED !!about 21 hours ago from webTHESE FAKE NIGGAS CANT COME NEAR MEabout 24 hours ago from webBLACKOUT 2 IN STORES NEXT TUESDAY WE WONT FLOP LIKE SOME OF THESE OTHER NIGGAS !!!2:06 PM May 14th from webNIGGAS STILL TALKIN sh*t2:03 PM May 14th from web