Nice scam if it worked

The Somalian

Nine held over online music scam The raids followed a joint investigation with the FBI Nine people have been arrested in an investigation into a online music scam involving stolen credit cards worth hundreds of thousands of pounds.It is believed a gang uploaded music to iTunes and Amazon for sale and then spent about £459,000 buying the tracks using 1,500 stolen credit cards. Apple and Amazon then paid royalties on the sales totalling £184,000. The Met's E-Crime Unit made the arrests after raiding properties in London, the West Midlands and Kent on Wednesday. It follows a joint investigation with the FBI that began in February. Det Ch Insp Terry Wilson, from E-Crime Unit, said: "This has been a complex investigation to establish what we believe to be an international conspiracy to defraud Apple and Amazon. "We are now making it more risky for criminals who seek to exploit the internet and commit e-crime across national borders." Six men and three women were arrested at various addresses across England including London, Birmingham, Kent and Wolverhampton. All nine are in custody at police stations in London and the Midlands on suspicion of conspiracy to commit fraud and money laundering. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/8094748.stm

Guest TimeBomb

i guess people were reporting fraud on their cards and eventually it would be obvious when so many fraudulant transactions had been on a particular song, furthermore their songs most likely had 100% fraudulant transactions on them.

Unless you have a DIRECT LINK, its very very hard to make cold hard cash from credit card details. Hence the reason all those super hackers sell them in batches of 100+This was a very clever idea that was flawed. £180k from 1,500 cards is a very decent return - that amount of cards would have only cost them a few houndred pounds. Yes if they had connections they could have max every single card, but they obviously never.But yeah, they are criminals that got caught and justice was served.

Unless you have a DIRECT LINK, its very very hard to make cold hard cash from credit card details. Hence the reason all those super hackers sell them in batches of 100+This was a very clever idea that was flawed. £180k from 1,500 cards is a very decent return - that amount of cards would have only cost them a few houndred pounds. Yes if they had connections they could have max every single card, but they obviously never.But yeah, they are criminals that got caught and justice was served.
rah fam, ur sik blud, u proppa no dis tingbeg u sho man hw to mek p of dis squares tingwat? man can cop 100+ details yeahwat u sayin blad? lets do dis ting en it

Nice scam if it worked?Isn't that fairly contradictory like say... "That would be a nice pen, if it actually made markings on my paper"The point of the scam is to rip someone off, ie gaining something for yourself at someone elses expense. If you don't gain anything from it the scam isn't nice.I'm bored 12 minutes 32 seconds left a work, allow me.

ok i get where ur coming from should of said great ingenius idea but it wernt really coz it was baitscam i no of where you could of got maximum amount of money (feds clocked time ago and someone told me this)go into a betting shop sign up in the name of the details you havethen you go online and transfer money from the person deets to the betting shop card you then go bookies and withdraw the money you transferred no questions asked £1000 cash in ur hand that was a nice ting while it lasted