Best thing you've ever done.

Eskay Jones

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sometimes i feel people do these good things for the wrong reasons.Like just to say that they have done these things instead of actually just doing it out of the goodness of there heart
Your not wrong, it's basic human psychology. The depressing thing is 90% of the cases when people do something for someone else, they're actually doing it for themselves. I read an article a while ago about people who do these heroic deeds are already thinking about the reaction/gift/praise they're going to get before they even do it. For each person it depends on what you're looking to get: be it an inflated ego or a reward but don't kid yourself into thinking most people do it for the other person's benefit. Another interesting fact which was recorded in the same article states that when a soldiers friend get's shot in war, the first thing they feel is relief - not pity, shock, remorse but flipping releif that your pal got shot and not you. Go figure, it boils down to survival and that makes us all selfish.

Sometimes i feel people do these good things for the wrong reasons.Like just to say that they have done these things instead of actually just doing it out of the goodness of there heart
Your not wrong, it's basic human psychology. The depressing thing is 90% of the cases when people do something for someone else, they're actually doing it for themselves. I read an article a while ago about people who do these heroic deeds are already thinking about the reaction/gift/praise they're going to get before they even do it. For each person it depends on what you're looking to get: be it an inflated ego or a reward but don't kid yourself into thinking most people do it for the other person's benefit. Another interesting fact which was recorded in the same article states that when a soldiers friend get's shot in war, the first thing they feel is relief - not pity, shock, remorse but flipping releif that your pal got shot and not you. Go figure, it boils down to survival and that makes us all selfish.
very synical

its truei kno this one yout, one a dem non stop liars, but he sticks his neck out, way way beyond neeed, jus so he can say 'yh i did that for u'not long ago, he showed a couple of us up big time, for not doin certain things (which we had good reason for not doin) and the elders involved tryin to berate us only because of his seemingly selfless yet selfish actionslike if he hadnt of gone all out, it wouldnt have been SO apparent that we hadnt done certain thingshe wern even remotely involved, but hes gettin peoples numbers an callin people that he dont even kno jus so he can be in the mix, an everyone can say 'yh reh reh is a good man, he done this this an that'pisses me offnothing he does is in malice, hes jus an attention seekin f*ck, doesnt kno when to give it up

its truei kno this one yout, one a dem non stop liars, but he sticks his neck out, way way beyond neeed, jus so he can say 'yh i did that for u'not long ago, he showed a couple of us up big time, for not doin certain things (which we had good reason for not doin) and the elders involved tryin to berate us only because of his seemingly selfless yet selfish actionslike if he hadnt of gone all out, it wouldnt have been SO apparent that we hadnt done certain thingshe wern even remotely involved, but hes gettin peoples numbers an callin people that he dont even kno jus so he can be in the mix, an everyone can say 'yh reh reh is a good man, he done this this an that'pisses me offnothing he does is in malice, hes jus an attention seekin f*ck, doesnt kno when to give it up
so you compare one yute the millions of people doing good everyday, staying at home to care for their parentsdonating blood, helping people with food and education, volunteering in africa, and the tonnes of other things that happen in the world that are GOODTO ONE YOUT AND A DIRTY ARTICLE?

i forgot to mention that this was an extreme case tho its fairly obviousbut i do think a hell of a lot of people do sh*t jus so they can say theyve done itanything i do out of the goodness of my heart, im not lookin for praise, i dnt go an tell a nex person about the good deed i did cos its part of me, never meant nothing for me to do it in the first place

Show me the article if you can Sub..?It's true though and i think my girlfriend is a lot like that. Always said she wants to give blood. Said she wants to check if shes a match for that mixed race girl who needed bone marrow from another mixed race person recently. Wanted to volenteer to help homeless people and people in shelters. And other stuff.She's done none of them but nothing has stopped her, time/money/health, nothing.The way she speaks about it though it sounds like she's doing it for herself really.Not saying she's a bad person or anything it just annoys me a bit.

I really don't like 'give to receive' people aswell.My mums like that and it really annoys me. She complains about people doing nuttin for her sometimes, after shes done this and that and been here and there for them and blah blah blah.She needs to NOT be like that.