The Official Liverpool FC Thread

The Infamous

Director of Football Damien Comolli has been working since his appointment to identify priority targets and will receive support from the club’s owners, the Fenway Sports Group, this summer as the club seek to build a squad capable of getting back into the Champions League.

Kenny Dalglish, who is hoping to remain as manager, has spoken of the need to complement the club’s emerging talent with investment and it is understood that Comolli and his scouting team located two or three targets for each position they want to strengthen.

Most of these are aged between 19 and 24 as the club wants to invest in players whose talent can be developed and whose value will increase.

Rennes winger Sylvain Marveaux is expected to be the first signing when the window opens on June 1.

The club are being described as “a long way down the road” to securing the Bosman free transfer of the former France Under-21 international.

Liverpool are looking at further reinforcements in the wide areas, another striker, a left-back and cover at centre back. If enough players can be sold, there could be as many as 11 signings.

As they showed in January, FSG are prepared to reinvest money received in fees into the squad – most of the cash received for Fernando Torres and Ryan Babel was put into signing Andy Carroll and Luis Suarez for £58 million.

Having a high turnover will also allow the club to address the issue of the excessive contracts that were handed out under the previous regime.

With the club’s commercial department landing some impressive deals – a record £25 million-a-year kit deal with Warrior follows a lucrative contract with Standard Chartered as shorts sponsor – and the club freed of servicing the debts that impeded them under Hicks and Gillett, Liverpool will finally be able to compete in the market.

The recent emergence of academy players Jay Spearing, Jack Robinson and John Flanagan means Liverpool can sell their fringe players with the confidence that they will not be left short next season, especially as Raheem Sterling and Conor Coady are also expected to be ready next term.

There will be great emphasis on trying to shift as many of the superfluous players as possible.

The club are working on trying to set up deals for the players out on loan – Paul Konchesky, Alberto Aquilani, Philipp Degen, Nabir El Zhar and Emiliano Insua – while there has also been interest in David Ngog, Sotirios Kyrgiakos and Milan Jovanovic, all of whom are for sale.

Guest M12 Part 2

Liverpools future is bright i'm telling you, i may get laughed at but i'm seeing parallels with United in the early 90s just before they won the first premiership in 26 years in 93.

I actually agree. Wouldn't be surprised at all if the top two teams in the country go back to being verpool and united for a long time.

Pepe gave an interview with Cadena Cope and here's some points of interest from that interview:

Asked when he's going to Manchester(Utd) - "To Manchester? Never. I don't know, it's not my intention...but I imagine it's not their intention either"

He's told that when the De Gea story popped up, Pepe's name surfaced in a list of possible links - "Well, i imagine they've been monitoring and following many keepers, not only De Gea or Pepe Reina but I'd imagine 5, 6 or 7 other options and I don't know if I was one of them but if your information is good then i guess it's possible, i don't know"

Most importantly, on his future - "I'm happy, calm and comfortable here, looking towards the future which I reckon will bring a lot of happiness and hopefully the new project with the new American owners will be a convincing one, attractive and ambitious above all"

Will it be a convincing, attractive and ambitious one or will it start like this season? "It's my understanding and based on what I've gathered from the people here, that were will be bringing in some important players, continuing to grow and hopefully in one or two years we will be in the place that Liverpool deserves to be, which is fighting for titles"

Would you like Rafa back at Liverpool? "It's difficult. Obviously, Benitez brought me here but that doesn't mean that i'm unhappy with Dalglish, quite the opposite, I think he's the ideal man for Liverpool at this moment."

Then the rest of the interview was just him talking about the Madrid-Barcelona semis, the future of Fabregas, his happiness for Torres finally scoring a goal and he mentioned that his wife is due in a month to deliver their third child, the first boy that he'll name Luca Reina.

/

U18's having an extremely bad day against Everton. Losing 4-0

Kenny and Clarke were watching the Blackburn game and many people are saying it was to watch Phil Jones.

A bid for £15million will be enough but i still cant come to believe that, We have Martin Kelly, Danny Wilson, Ayala and Andre Wisdom coming through in the same position? Id rather we sign a established central defender.

:confused:

Kenny and Clarke were watching the Blackburn game and many people are saying it was to watch Phil Jones.

A bid for £15million will be enough but i still cant come to believe that, We have Martin Kelly, Danny Wilson, Ayala and Andre Wisdom coming through in the same position? Id rather we sign a established central defender.

Jones can play in midfield aswell and has he not got more premiership experience than all of them?

Hopefully the were watching Olsson instead.

The Jones signing wouldn't make much sense.

Unless they are going to make Kelly a permanent RB and sell Soto AND Skrtel.

But we need an established CB- Kjaer or someone.

/

Saw someone tweet saying Kenny was in France watching a game that has escaped my mind now, Lyon perhaps?

Looking at a defender again.

So we can safely say, we shall be buying at least one centre back.

Lavezzi's agent also came out and said we had been watching him for a year now.

Aquilani has attracted interest from AC Milan, so I think he is gone.

Olsson has been impressive recently. Can defintely step up from the Blackburn's of this world. Infact, Olsson, Samba, P Jones, J Jones and Hoilett, the French (?) kid aswell are all very decent players LOL @ Venki and Steve Kean.

Steven N'Zonzi

Blackburn have a very good starting 11

Kean has ruined Sam's work

Saw someone tweet saying Kenny was in France watching a game that has escaped my mind now, Lyon perhaps?

Sure it was Comolli at the PSG Vs Lyon game last week.

Cissoko, Sakho were the names being mentioned

edit...

Just seen this

RBuxton_LFC Richard Buxton

El Clasico may be tonight's big game but Dalglish is in the stands watching Lyon-Montpellier, possibly sizing up defender Dejan Lovren #LFC

Most likely bullshit, but boi how the tables have turned. Im so optimistic about next year :Y:

Liverpool are being linked with a summer move for Inter Milan starlet Philippe Coutinho.

The Brazilian teenager, who officially signed at the San Siro in 2008 before spending two seasons on loan at former club Vasco da Gama, has reportedly fallen out of favour with manager Leonardo and is considering a switch away from the club.

Sky Italia claims the player would prefer a loan move away from the Serie 'A' side, although Liverpool have the funds available to make an enticing offer to bring the player to Anfield permanently.

The report goes on to claim that Damien Comolli, director of football at Liverpool, is a known admirer of the player and has been monitoring his progress with the Nerazzurri.

With only 14 appearances in all competitions for the club this season, first team opportunities have been limited and Coutinho could want assurances over first team activity should he move to England.

Liverpool are plotting a bid for Napoli striker Ezequiel Lavezzi, according to his agent.

The Argentina international has been at Napoli since 2007 and has scored 35 goals in 122 Serie A appearances since then.

But now his agent Jose Alberti says Liverpool have been tracking him for a year and could make their move this summer.

"Lavezzi has been followed by Liverpool for twelve months and they could make a bid for his services," he told Italian website TMW.

It wasnt long ago we were being linked with

Carlton_Cole_630024.jpg

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/aug/31/liverpool-carlton-cole

Paul-Scharner_2319435.jpg

http://www.clickliverpool.com/sport/liverpool-fc/129783-ex-wigan-athletic-midfielder-paul-scharner-set-to-hold-liverpool-fc-talks-next-week.html

nicky-shorey1.jpg

http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2896/premier-league/2010/07/15/2026401/aston-villa-defender-nicky-shorey-interested-in-a-move-to

article-1278003-098CAE69000005DC-898_306x458.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/7972518/Liverpool-rebuffed-by-Fulham-over-Bobby-Zamora-interest.html