The Official Liverpool FC Thread

The Infamous

Liverpool's young midfielder Jonjo Shelvey has been ruled out for around three months with a knee injury.

A tendon problem will keep him out of action until May, meaning it is unlikely that the promising youngster will figure again this term.

The England Under 19 international, who was signed from Charlton Athletic last summer, missed the clash with Germany this week due to the problem.

He will begin a lengthy rehabilitation programme with the club's medical staff at Melwood.

Shelvey told the club's official website: "I'm a bit down at the moment but I'm just hoping now I can come back stronger.

"I am now going to take a 12-week rehabilitation and hopefully I'll be back soon.

royhodgson_lma The Hodge

#LFC fans are giving me grief but did you notice that I got sacked and Torres wanted to leave? He wanted Roy in charge. Summer target maybe.

royhodgson_lma The Hodge

It's funny to think #WBA were thinking of giving the job to Chris Hughton, the guy has about 36 minutes managerial experience. 35 years son.

royhodgson_lma The Hodge

It's a shame a rookie manager like Roberto Di Matteo had to go but managing is a mans game, not a boys. That said I'd love to sign him.

:lol::lol:

http://twitter.com/royhodgson_lma

Aug 15 Liverpool 1 - 1 Arsenal

Aug 23 Manchester City 3 - 0 Liverpool

Aug 29 Liverpool 1 - 0 West Bromwich Albion

Sep 12 Birmingham 0 - 0 Liverpool

Sep 19 Manchester United 3 - 2 Liverpool

Sep 25 Liverpool 2 - 2 Sunderland

Oct 3 Liverpool 1 - 2 Blackpool

Oct 17 Everton 2 - 0 Liverpool

Oct 24 Liverpool 2 - 1 Blackburn Rovers

Oct 31 Bolton Wanderers 0 - 1 Liverpool

Nov 7 Liverpool 2 - 0 Chelsea

Nov 10 Wigan Athletic 1 - 1 Liverpool

Nov 13 Stoke City 2 - 0 Liverpool

Nov 20 Liverpool 3 - 0 West Ham United

Nov 28 Tottenham Hotspur 2 - 1 Liverpool

Dec 6 Liverpool 3 - 0 Aston Villa

Dec 11 Newcastle United 3 - 1 Liverpool

Dec 29 Liverpool 0 - 1 Wolverhampton Wanderers

Jan 1 Liverpool 2 - 1 Bolton Wanderers

Jan 5 Blackburn Rovers 3 - 1 Liverpool

12 Jan Blackpool 2 - 1 Liverpool

16 Jan Liverpool 2 - 2 Everton

22 Jan Wolves 0 - 3 Liverpool

26 Jan Liverpool 1 - 0 Fulham

2 Feb Liverpool 2 - 0 Stoke

6 Feb Chelsea 0 - 1 Liverpool

In 2010 we only won 2 away games in the league, 4 - 0 against Burnley and under Roy when we beat bolton 1 - 0.

In 6 games with Kenny back we have already won 2 away games out of a posible 3. Last 4 games we have not conceded and if we win tomorrow we will be unbeaten in the last 5 league games, Last time that happened was in the 08/09 season and even that was we won 4 and drew 1.

We are finally playing football that even Arsenal, Tottenham and United fans can have some sort of respect for... a month ago we were talking about the posiblity of being relegated or finishing in the bottom half of the table, Kenny managed his first league game after 20 years and now we are in 6th position. Im amazed at this :angry:

Looking at the previous results under Roy, Honeslty where could we have been had Kenny been put in charge in pre season? Im not saying we would be challenging for the league but we would be up there, and top 4 would have been nailed on.

No matter what happens in the remainder of the season Kenny will be given the job in the summer, With the backing of Stevie, Carra, Agger, and Kuyt our owners would be fools not to appoint him as permanent manager.

New owners who are happy for us to spend money, redevelopment of anfield, had failed bids for Richards, Adam, and Young. I cant wait for the summer. Oh and Kennys giving youth a chance. Suso/Coady and Sterling will feature under Kenny. Pacheco wants to stay and Jonjo is ahead of Cole on merit. Forgot to mention Martin Kelly, local lad, solid, future captain... Always knew guy would make it

The futures bright lads :Y:

Kuyt?!?

No thanks out of the door or on the bench for squad option in difficult matches

Carragher!!!

Is catch life we are playing 3 at the back. Kenny knows that Skrtel is a wreck and needs someone to keep him in check and Carragher is a must at the moment. Agger is the only certified one out of the 3.

Martin Kelly should be in the England squad he is tall athletic solid against most type of winger. Strong in the air and has a good delivery with crosses. He is waaaaaaay ahead of Walker for example although the London media machine is making it out like he is some right footed Ashley Cole. I would put him in the 3 center alongside Carragher and Agger. Get Insua who got 9 assists with his sublime crosses last season although he gets skinned a lot think he is gona be a good left back in the future and Carroll will LOVE his delivery. Get a world class left back in the summer tho

________________________Reina___________________________

____________________________Carragher__________________________

____________New CB/Kelly_______________Agger/Wilson______________

___Johnson/Kelly_____________________________New leftback/Insua_____

___________________Lucas________________Raul M_________________

_____________________________________________Gerrard(free role)____

_______________Suarez__________________________________________

________________________Carroll_________________________________

• Downvote 1

Guest Portuguese

Dalglish is so tactically astue.

Why did I think his teams only played one way I took him for Keegan.

So its not myth Scottish Managers>>>English Managers.

So its 433 most games? and the odd game its 3-6-1?

To be champions again(never thought I would say these words again)

LB is needed and a talented GK aged 18-23 to arrive as a long term replacement for Reina,another CB,deep line playmaker,two wingers(who can play both sides and can beat a guy with pace skill imagination this type of player hasn't been seen in Liverpool since John Barnes),promotion of aleast three academy players.

Dalglish as permanent manager and Steve Clark as a number two and maked Sammy Lee take in charge of the reserves also bring Heighway back as the leader of the academy.

Liverpool will be champions again.

The money/backing is there.

DOS can easily use his contacts in France to the maximum.

GK_???

LB-Taiwo the guy is a bosman but the competition is high/Jose Enrique

DM-Adam

Two Wingers-Hazard/Gervinho/N'Zogbia/Pedro Leon(this guy unlikely that he will ever play under Mourinho again sad but true),McGeady

Play balling CB to compliment Agger-Colo/Mexes(see Taiwo)/Rolando/Mussacchio/

Dalglish as permanent manager and Steve Clark as a number two and maked Sammy Lee take in charge of the reserves also bring Heighway back as the leader of the academy.

Agree with most of what you have said but the bit about our academy.

We have the best people involved in our youth which is thanks to Rafa.

Rodolfo Borrell, Pep Segura, Frank MacParland, John McMahon are the guys who will see us laughing in a few years. We have adopted the Barca approach thanks to Pep and Rodolfo.

Guest Portuguese

How long until this bears fruit?

Is it going to be like Barca(they come through to the first team one by one over a period of time) or like Ajax(three or more at one time over a period of time)?

How long until this bears fruit?

Is it going to be like Barca(they come through to the first team one by one over a period of time) or like Ajax(three or more at one time over a period of time)?

From the reserves i think there are around 2-3... But these players are already on the brink such as WIlson/Shelvey/Pacheco..

The ones im most excited about are the under18's... Sterling, Suso, Coady, Robinson, Wisdom etc. The under 18s play beautiful football. We will see Rafas legacy reap the rewards.

LB is needed and a talented GK aged 18-23 to arrive as a long term replacement for Reina,another CB,deep line playmaker,two wingers(who can play both sides and can beat a guy with pace skill imagination this type of player hasn't been seen in Liverpool since John Barnes),promotion of aleast three academy players.

GK_???

DM-Adam

Two Wingers-Hazard/Gervinho/N'Zogbia/Pedro Leon(this guy unlikely that he will ever play under Mourinho again sad but true),McGeady

Keeper, we need to sell Jones (stupid f*ck*ng buy in the first place), we already have Reinas understudy.

peter_gulacsi_1.jpg

LB - a number that could be bought but yeah Taiwos name seems to be coming up alot, bring back Insua aswell and Keep Aurelio.

DM - if reports are to be believed, Juve dont wanna pay the price they agreed to at the start of the season for making Aquilanis loan deal a permanent one. He's improved his fitness and been given the chance to show what he can do with a run of games, bring him back if they arent willing to pay up what was agreed on.

Two wingers - agree with the ones you've posted tbh, theres a number of good wingers out there that would improve our attack. We've been crying out for a quick skillful winger with end product for a long time.

CB im not sure on - We have a number of impressive young CB's already at the club but do we promote one to take someones place and sell someone, promote and keep the senior player aswell or just buy someone whos already at a certain level. Kelly (impressing at RB already), Ayala, Wilson and to a lesser extent Mavinga have all been around the first team setup at some point or other and none of them really look bad tbh, who will be good enough for the step up is another matter.

Academy players, the academy/reserve players are impressing alot. Sterling, Silva, Suso, Coady, Wisdom, Flanagan, Robinson, NGoo, Adorjan have all impressed alot at differing levels, Sterling, Suso, Coady and Wisdom looking the best so far. Cant see any of those four not making it tbh. They already show so much promise in the understanding of the game.

Guest Portuguese

GK_???

DM-Adam

Keeper, we need to sell Jones (stupid f*ck*ng buy in the first place), we already have Reinas understudy.

peter_gulacsi_1.jpg

LB - a number that could be bought but yeah Taiwos name seems to be coming up alot, bring back Insua aswell and Keep Aurelio.

DM - if reports are to be believed, Juve dont wanna pay the price they agreed to at the start of the season for making Aquilanis loan deal a permanent one. He's improved his fitness and been given the chance to show what he can do with a run of games, bring him back if they arent willing to pay up what was agreed on.

Two wingers - agree with the ones you've posted tbh, theres a number of good wingers out there that would improve our attack. We've been crying out for a quick skillful winger with end product for a long time.

CB im not sure on - We have a number of impressive young CB's already at the club but do we promote one to take someones place and sell someone, promote and keep the senior player aswell or just buy someone whos already at a certain level. Kelly (impressing at RB already), Ayala, Wilson and to a lesser extent Mavinga have all been around the first team setup at some point or other and none of them really look bad tbh, who will be good enough for the step up is another matter.

Academy players, the academy/reserve players are impressing alot. Sterling, Silva, Suso, Coady, Wisdom, Flanagan, Robinson, NGoo, Adorjan have all impressed alot at differing levels, Sterling, Suso, Coady and Wisdom looking the best so far. Cant see any of those four not making it tbh. They already show so much promise in the understanding of the game.

Who is that GK? Tell me its not the Bulgarian guy its someone else.

Insua can't defend/Aurelio is not athletic/quicker enough to do the job@LB(Which Kelly is doing so far@RB )

I am not sure about Aqua I think he could stay in Italy but probably move to Milan because true say Pirlo is likely to leave in the summer.

There isn't a lot of wingers out there who are comfortable on both sides and has skill,pace,technique,imagination.

So do you think we will now see a few of this youngsters in the Europa league.

Out of all the guys I have only seen Suso/Pacheo play and another thing the young french defender who wanted to leave when Hodgson was in charge has he done a U-turn?

GK_???

DM-Adam

peter_gulacsi_1.jpg

Who is that GK? Tell me its not the Bulgarian guy its someone else.

Insua can't defend/Aurelio is not athletic/quicker enough to do the job@LB(Which Kelly is doing so far@RB )

I am not sure about Aqua I think he could stay in Italy but probably move to Milan because true say Pirlo is likely to leave in the summer.

There isn't a lot of wingers out there who are comfortable on both sides and has skill,pace,technique,imagination.

So do you think we will now see a few of this youngsters in the Europa league.

Out of all the guys I have only seen Suso/Pacheo play and another thing the young french defender who wanted to leave when Hodgson was in charge has he done a U-turn?

Peter Gulacsi, he's hungarian. Looks a very good keeper.

Insua was forced to be first choice LB too young and had to play too many games, he should have been eased into the side slowly learning but due to Dossena not working out and Aurelio being injured so often he was thrown in at the deep end. He's a good LB he's still young and has ages to learn. Aurelio is one of the best LB's in the league, people say he's not quick or athletic enough and yet you rarely see him caught out with a battle of pace or strength because his positionings fantastic. He's a top left back who has one problem and thats his fitness, we need to keep him for his versatility. His technical ability is great, he just needs to stay fit but he's so injury prone.

Aquilani completely depends on what juve want to do and what Kenny thinks of him and if he sees a place for him in his liverpool side.

Europa, we've been using youngsters in it since the start. Depends what games the matches will be sandwiched between as to whether that will continue. We'll go out to win it and with Suarez cup tied we may see a youngster in his place in the side.

Mavinga was looking to leave because of the change from his position under rafa to him basically being knocked back down to reserve level under Roy, pretty sure he went Genk on loan. What will happen with him i do not know. There are better young CB's at the club but he's shown a decent amount of promise.

The winger doesnt have to be great on both sides, we can buy two and move players on/make players more squad players that first teamers. Depends what formation will be use most, if Suarez is to be the left attacking forward we only really need a right sided attacker.

Just seen the highlights from todays game...

http://www.101greatgoals.com/videodisplay/liverpool-wigan-premier-league-february-2011-8478963/

Should have finished the game off.. There goal shouldnt have been given IMO, was offside.

Suarez was very very unlucky, hitting post and then crossbar. Looks great tho, only second game and should already have 3 goals.

Played 6, won 4, drawn 2. We need pace in our team tho and another creative player.

Happy Tottenham won today iswel, hopefully we can finish in 5th behind Spurs and Chelsea in 6th.