ANDROID - OFFICIAL THREAD

Lenny

I feel like slapping a T-Mobile employee, about there being a difference between 'unlimited internet' and 'truly unlimited internet'.

There should be a law against calling something unlimited when it's capped.

mate

mobile internet is a f*ckin piss take

i mean

how can i get 1 meg downstream oh hsdpa

and have the 'standard' allowance of FIVE HUNDRED MEG A MONTH

I could use my whole monthly allowance in

8 minutes

<_<

they all have fair usage policies

on vodafone i get sick speeds, but 500mb, £5 for every extra 500mb up to a certain point, forgot what that point is

virgin dont seem to care

/

im gettin good battery on my SGS2 atm, widgets, wifi, gps, playing music etc n its on like 80% now.

/

with the S2, anyones data connection keep f*ckin up? sometimes it just wont work and ill have to either restart it or go into flight mode and back, doin it less now, happened once tday, but stupidly annoying

a fair usage policy is supposed to refrain you from having excessive use, but a 500mb limit on an internet service that people are expected to use to stream audio and video, and download apps is ridiculous

imagine you listen to internet radio, if your stream is 64kbps you can only listen to 30 minutes a day without going over your allowance, and most streams are 128kbps at least

its only gonna get worse

all networks are startin to give less actual data allowance and pushin wifi allowance instead (bt open zone)

apart from 3 because they need all the customers they can get lol

same way every company is clampin down on their pay as u go mobile broadband packages as people abuse em and clog up the network

I feel like slapping a T-Mobile employee, about there being a difference between 'unlimited internet' and 'truly unlimited internet'.

There should be a law against calling something unlimited when it's capped.

mate

mobile internet is a f*ckin piss take

i mean

how can i get 1 meg downstream oh hsdpa

and have the 'standard' allowance of FIVE HUNDRED MEG A MONTH

I could use my whole monthly allowance in

8 minutes

<_<

Brah I'm pretty sure you got confused there

"1meg" = download speeds of around 110KB/ps not 1MB/s

I get 1.3MB/s on my home connection that connects at 13000Kbits although this is referred to as '13 meg'

Mbits & Mbytes are 2 different things

So it would actually take more like 45 minutes but that's still a par.

All internet companies mislead people though e.g virgins 100mb will only get you 10 megabyte a second downloads not 100.

Thank you for contacting Ofcom on 16 August 2011 about fair usage policies.

I understand you are unhappy that providers advertise their services as unlimited while putting a fair usage policy in place. I should explain that it is the commercial decision of any provider if they wish to put this in place. As you are aware, most providers will put this in place in order to stop people abusing the network and prevent others from using the service.

However, we would still expect providers to explain in their terms and conditions or in the small print on their website. If a consumer asked if the service was actually unlimited and the provider failed to explain there is a fair usage policy, it could be considered as mis-selling.

It may also be of interest to know that the Committee of Advertising Practice (CAP) and the Broadcast Committee of Advertising Practice (BCAP) held a consultation on proposals for new advertising guidance on the use of ‘Unlimited’ usage claims in telecommunications advertising. The consultation closed on the 25 February 2011 and you can view this at: http://www.cap.org.uk/CAP-and-BCAP-Consultations/Closed-consultations/CAP-BCAP-Unlimited-claims-in-telecoms.aspx

• Upvote 1