ANDROID - OFFICIAL THREAD

Lenny

i think the processor, camera and IOS are the only things getting updated not 100% tho probably will be dual core tbh. no expandable memory on iphones iirc

i still miss a hardware qwerty keyboard but swype on android is the best touch screen imput ive used.

lol the GS2 felt too big in my hand at first proper awkward but i got used to it and the bigger screen is great for media

• 2 weeks later...

I remember when I used to be a android noob with my HTC Hero (have no clue where this is tbh). Then I 'advanced' so to speak :lol:

Anyhoo, to cut a long story short, i'm back to the noob days and this BB is not fun anymore.

Guest haze-e

It will be Free brah. I dont pay for memory cards yuh mussi mad.

Know too many people that work in phone shops while i have an interview for Phones 4 u on monday also. FREEEEEEEEEEEEEE Lol.

been saying this for ages, prob wouldnt go as far as complaining to the ASA though, but its just lies

UK Advertising Authority takes issue with Atrix's 'world's most powerful smartphone' status

Just about every day we're treated to claims of a device being the "world's first" or "world's biggest" or, indeed, "world's fastest." Typically we file these stories into the "world's least exciting" folder in our inbox, but in the UK, Motorola's advertising wing has really been pushing the "world's most powerful smartphone" angle for the Atrix. Sharp-eyed UK viewers (one of whom was kind enough to write in to us) aren't buying it, however, complaining to the nation's Advertising Standards Authority, the ASA. Citing the Galaxy S II, which has a 1.2GHz processor compared to the Atrix's 1GHz, the ASA has indicated that the complaint will be upheld, as you can see for yourself after the break. Now, it's looking like Motorola will have to come up with a new way to market the thing over there. We'd suggest "smartphone most likely to run Firefox in an overpriced laptop dock," but that doesn't quite have the same ring to it.

[Thanks, Anonymous]

asa-recommendation-2011-07-28.jpg

http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/28/uk-advertising-authority-takes-issue-with-atrixs-worlds-most/

swear theres at least 3 other android phones with dual core processors running at 1.2Ghz, when Atrix is 1Ghz, the ads are f*ckin misleading

Lol true, It was for a month or two until the Sensation/Galaxy came out but saying that, the highest clock speed doesn't generally mean = the most powerful.

Certain processors at 1.2ghz i.e the snapdragon get outperformed in most departments by a 1ghz Tegra

prob, but they never even mentioned it, with GSII it was on all posters that its 1.2ghz dual core, Atrix I had to go to the wiki page to find out.

/

back in the game, these guys reset the phone, there was an app I had that recommended popular apps and shown most popular in the UK, kinda had a yellow tinge to it or something, no idea what it was called, anyone know what it is?