I think a ViP2 Financial Traders clique is in order

Captain Planet

at revs: really depends. some people say 10 years. some people have been doing it 30+ years.

at m12: lol.. a free lunch?! you impressed by that mate? hahahaha. my boss does not even answer his phone for less than 100k and even then you are only getting 5 mins of his time. and you think being in consultancy and getting a free lunch at nando's means you've made it?

if you want to learn more about trading metals see this;

http://www.lme.com/

if you want to get an idea of how much money a commodity fund can potentially control see this;

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052748704118504576034083436931412.html ("Trader Holds $3 Billion of Copper in London")

• Downvote 1

at mame; i'm not on here to help you get a job, sorry its not worth my while to put that information on here. i'll happily discuss the markets with people though.

Dont want a job tbh just wanted more proof before i say your chatting sh*t or not the fact you cant supply a site of where you work just proves that

/

Two websites you posted are both top 5 results in broad google searches

What you get out of lying?

None of them are financial.

Lol.. The fact that you think I'm lying is quite gratifying. Is my life really that unbelievable?

I don't even know what a top 5 broad google search means mate. Of the two sites I posted one is the london metal exchange which is the central hub of european metal trading. The second is a recent, topical event which galvanised the market.

To anyone who has a real interest in finance or the markets I'm happy to discuss these topics with you. To the trolls - keep it up lads.

None of them are financial.

Lol.. The fact that you think I'm lying is quite gratifying. Is my life really that unbelievable?

I don't even know what a top 5 broad google search means mate. Of the two sites I posted one is the london metal exchange which is the central hub of european metal trading. The second is a recent, topical event which galvanised the market.

To anyone who has a real interest in finance or the markets I'm happy to discuss these topics with you. To the trolls - keep it up lads.

i agree that the top google search thing is kinda silly since thats the whole point of getting the top search..i.e. the main place of trading

things will always be seen as doubtful on forums.

tho i think what people are really finding strange might be the fact that a few months ago you were an aspiring boxer in the UK

who went to seek greener pasters in the US

lived there for sometime training with a godfather

suddenly your now a FTSE metals trader with vast financial trade market experience.

you should be on the apprentice

• Upvote 4

i was working at a big investment bank in the USA when I was over there

i've said many times i'll help people who seriously want my help.

what do i have to gain by divulging specifics about my life on this forum? nothing. who are these trolls to ask me what I do? i tell you what i want to tell you, when i want to tell you. be thankful i'm on here trying to help guys rather than spitting in my face. i don't owe anyone here anything, especially information about my life.. come on man you must think im a newbie on this forum.

• Upvote 2

i was working at a big investment bank in the USA when I was over there

i've said many times i'll help people who seriously want my help.

what do i have to gain by divulging specifics about my life on this forum? nothing. who are these trolls to ask me what I do? i tell you what i want to tell you, when i want to tell you. be thankful i'm on here trying to help guys rather than spitting in my face. i don't owe anyone here anything, especially information about my life.. come on man you must think im a newbie on this forum.

If you're still boxing in the UK hit me up. Let's see what you're made of.

Guest Waka Flocka Dave

at dave; why would i discuss the intricacies of my firm's investment strategy on this website? its not uncommon to hedge your position with an options and spread strategy.

kl, i was just curious as to why you mentioned it in the first place n didnt go into detail

i aint interested in it just find them kinda moves odd

Actually you don't need any qualifications to get fsa approved, I'm fsa approved and I trade for the fund in all capacities. All you need to do is satisfy the fsa that you meet the standard required to carry out the function you are seeking approval for. Doing the exams is one way, having the necessary prior experience is another. You guys are pretty good with google so look on there if you want to know more. My compliance officer did the process for me I just had to sign the forms and fill in an online questionnaire.

Saying that my boss has enrolled me on the cisi and a commodities based course at bpp. Although I haven't opened the books yet I plan to sit the exams later this year.

Yilmaz I don't want to meet up so stop asking mate.

Best place to start would be either as an intern at an investment bank or clerk on the trading floor.

You don't need to know anything although understanding the basics of supply and demand is important - the more you know the easier you will find it at the start.

If you want to trade then open up a dummy account and trade forex. Whwn you start to learn the ropes make it real, invest your own moneyan diversify and build a portfolio. Familiarise yourself with the basics.. Understanding what things like what bid, offer, long and short mean are essential.