Should football welcome back Marlon King?

Mr. Gayle

its not about what will happen tbh coz we all know he'll find another club. the question is SHOULD football welcome him back.

so everyones answer shouldve been NO

There a lot of cunts in English football that are still allowed to make a living playing football, which is what King probably wants to do too.

Everyone of those cunts gets booed or faces stick at every away football ground in the country. King is just another one. Nobody is going to "welcome him back" but somebody will pay him.

its not about what will happen tbh coz we all know he'll find another club. the question is SHOULD football welcome him back.

so everyones answer shouldve been NO

There a lot of cunts in English football that are still allowed to make a living playing football, which is what King probably wants to do too.

Everyone of those cunts gets booed or faces stick at every away football ground in the country. King is just another one. Nobody is going to "welcome him back" but somebody will pay him.

but thats what i'm saying. Football WILL welcome him back but it SHOULDN'T.

What it does and what it should do is two different things

its not about being Morallistic, the poster asked SHOULD football welcome him back. surely the answer is no.

and as Harry said certain football fans would cheer if Saddam scored or owned their club, aslong as they were successfull, doesn't make it right

Society in general, once you do your sentence and hopefully reform, is always suppose to be open to accepting you back in. Whether the case in reality is as simple as that in other means of working life is highly debatable and the reason being that a employer choses whether to accept you over somebody else and 9 times of of 10, they can find someone without the blemish on there record. So criminals are left looking for jobs usually below there actual skills/talent/qualifications.

Due to Marlon King's blemish his talent now is probably never going to be financial rewarded the same as a player of similar quality. He's scored goals in the Premiership, he will probably never do that again. The only real issue here is unlike most criminals who are lucky to make a legit salary of 30k a year ever, King will see 40k a month, instead of the 120k a month he was getting before. Unfortunately its still the 40k a month that rubs a lot of law abiding people up the wrong way as they don't earn that and they think why should he get paid that? Same way people bitch when ex-crimianls win the National Lottery...

Plus this is a sport that accepts people back within it that try to cheat the actual game that pays them.

ok'

more footballers than expected turn to the wrong sort of lifestyle and get into the sort of life their potential both earning and aspirations wise would lead to.

do you think if more of them would be held to account for their actions, it may put some of them off.

like for instance do you think if Woodgate and Bowyer had got banned for life for their part in the assault on that asian kid. do u think John Terry wouldve got into the assault he got into or would he have thought twice about it.

(im not saying any of these men should've been banned for their actions.)

what did hughes do again

was he driving wrecklesly, and licked someone down

Yeh, think he was over the limit and he tried to do a runner, but later handed himself in. I think anyway.

edit: seems he was sober.

During the 2003–04 season, Hughes was involved in a car crash in which his Mercedes CL500 collided with a Renault Scenic near the Warwickshire village of Meriden. A passenger in the Renault, Douglas Graham, was killed in the incident and his wife Maurine and the driver Albert Frisby was severely injured.[9] Hughes and his passenger left the scene, prior to turning themselves in to the police the following day.

Lee Hughes made one mistake, and although reacted awfully has atleast shown some remorse.

King has f*cked up time and time again and has made no effort to rectify his personality deficiencies. He clearly doesn't respect his position.

What position? He's not a doctor or a politician, he kicks a bag of trapped air for a living. Have some perspective.

Erm, it would be a great message to send out if football did do that, but in some ways it would put footballers lives definitely like living in a goldfish bowl, which some obviously would not be able to cope with.

Plus in some cases, just like in courts there would be varying circumstances, which would make things delicate.

i never once said Lee Hughes should be welcomed back to football,

is that a question you are asking me?

No, but should Eric Cantona have been welcomed back to football?

Eric Cantona got done for assaulting a man who racially abused him. he acted in the same way i wouldve or even you maybe wouldve acted,

not sexual assault.

if he had been done for that he shouldve been strung up. real talk.

what did hughes do again

was he driving wrecklesly, and licked someone down

Yeh, think he was over the limit and he tried to do a runner, but later handed himself in. I think anyway.

edit: seems he was sober.

During the 2003–04 season, Hughes was involved in a car crash in which his Mercedes CL500 collided with a Renault Scenic near the Warwickshire village of Meriden. A passenger in the Renault, Douglas Graham, was killed in the incident and his wife Maurine and the driver Albert Frisby was severely injured.[9] Hughes and his passenger left the scene, prior to turning themselves in to the police the following day.

It can never be proved if he was drunk or sober, as he fleed and by the time he handed himself in he clearly would have been sober. His car being on the oher side of the road, and him fleeing for 36 hours, kinda tells you what it was,

for the record lemme just say.

in my oppinion the crimes of a rapist and peaodofile can notbe justified, whereas pretty much any crime within a given circumstance can be

as in if your bredrins round your house and says, "you know what, yesterday i killed someone" you'd be shocked for a while and then eventually you'd asked why, and given his answer you'd then decide whether you'd wanna be his friend anymore.

however

if man came to your yard and said. "you know what yesterday i sexual assualted someone" you wouldnt even think to ask why as no answer could justify his actions,

thats all.

• Upvote 1

Evidently, thats why it was front page of the red tops when it broke and you're in here discussing it now.

Slow news day

Nobody cares about this story other than the righteous moral brigade and their "public figure he is a role model to children the world over" nonsense. Youve got mps stealing tax payer money to build moats for ducks still in work and you want to sit here and tell me Marlon King shouldnt be allowed to kick a football AFTER he's served his jail time?

i never once said Lee Hughes should be welcomed back to football,

is that a question you are asking me?

No, but should Eric Cantona have been welcomed back to football?

Eric Cantona got done for assaulting a man who racially abused him. he acted in the same way i wouldve or even you maybe wouldve acted,

not sexual assault.

if he had been done for that he shouldve been strung up. real talk.

You didnt answer the question tbh.

He pinched her bum... It's punching a female/s that sent him pen, he aint on the sex offenders list, which tells you in the eyes of the court it wasnt a serious sexual offence.

Evidently, thats why it was front page of the red tops when it broke and you're in here discussing it now.

Says it all, the red tops focus on insignificant events and issues for the most part,they see fit to have Peter Andre on their front page when there's an election going on ffs.

All the red tops do is dangle the lifestyle of the rich and famous under the nose of the readers and reduce everything from a moral standpoint to the thing that the demographic who read their paper are in need of most - money.

funny thing is I bet there are loads of people who will be saying he shouldn't be allowed to play again who have friends and family who've been in prison, now if you said to them _______ shouldn't be allowed to get a job again you think they'd be consistent with their opinion?

Guest Blue State Of Mind

LOL at Marlon King or Lee Hughes not being Public figures,

where the f*ck are you living Timbucktoo?

if your gonna come with a opposing arguement keep it serious man.

And what about Maradona, he shouldn't of been accepted back in Football as well?