Baines is better then gibbs though

gibbs might turn into a top full back but right now baines is better

one of the most underrated defenders in the league

defo the second best english left back right now

as for gerrard lol its too late for him hes been found out

cant do f*ck all against a decent side.

Hahaha

Warnock is better than Baines.

And i take it your only talking about when he plays for England?

Ashley Cole did not start the 2001/02 season as first choice, Silvinho did, it wasn't until like November/December 2000, Silvinho got "injured", yet by March 2001 he made his debut, yes he made 33 appearances in all comps that season but by March he hadn't. Gibbs has actually made 30 appearances for Arsenal. So you see the scenerios are not massively different. Like I said if back then was now, you would have been saying the same thing your saying about Gibbs now about Cashley...

So you know what Arsenal are gonna do next season? Gibbs is a England starter yeah? Your a mug.

Ashley Cole played November/December - March, thats the xmas period etc

Plus ur forgetting Sven was a new manager, it was like his 3rd game and England had no LB's.. hes obviously gna play who impresses him..

Phil Neville played in Euro 2000 and f*cked up, Sven picked Chris Powell for the 1st two games

Dnt try it, it was not the same, nowhere near

When was the last time Gibbs played competitive football???

Gibbs main concern should be with Armand Traore coz other than the accent, theres not much between the two tbh and we all no Clichy is the starter at LB lets not be silly..

Oh yh membas when Arsenal fans wer saying Armand Traore would be better than Ashley Cole coz he was 16, could run fast and was playing in the Emirates Cup.. SMH

The Dj even said it himself, that Gibbs will struggle to get into the 18 for Liverpool, so whys he on the mic now talking sh*t?

loool

/

I don't have much to say about this apart from Arsenal fans tend to get over excited with their youngsters when they show potential.

England have no left-backs now.

Its the same thing.

November last year, you know before he broke his metatarsal and got injured for the rest of the season....

Gibbs is way ahead of Traore. I know man that would rather he play than Clichy.

Nobody said Traore was better than Ashley Cole, well unless their intelligence is of say a Tulse.

Stop reaching for the CD case & Vinyl box n jam ur set is ova

England then = New manager 2 games in selecting a 30+ Chris Powell... Phil Neville & Carra wer the other options (both not natural LB's)

Ashley Cole PLAYING for the Arsenal 1st team emerges, he picks him

England now = World Class Ashley Cole, Leighton Baines 25yr old, 2 caps, one of the best in the league played in Europe, Warnock good at premier league level, European experience

Gibbs has come from nowhere, when did he get the chance to impress?? What 2 years ago yh smh

Nothing like Ashley Cole's debut mate relax

Again I'm gonna ask you when has ANYONE suggested that Gibbs should play over Ashley Cole?

The issue is for the back-up left-back slot.

That's where YOU rate them players, Capello obviously isn't impressed. From time he admitted he considered taking THEO WALCOTT at the expense of the back-up left-back to the World Cup, then that should tell you everything in his thinking about them man... They are Chris Powell & Phil Neville to him.

European experience? Gibbs played more Champions League games then both Baines & Warnock together.

My point was why play Gibbs if he aint gna play in the other games, saying it would be better if Baines or Warnock got a game

My reason for this was Gibbs is not an Arsenal reg, he is not tried & tested in an Arsenal shirt but the other two are consistent performers at Premier League level

If Ashley Cole gets inj going by Capello saying he picks players who are playing and assuming Clichy is fit Gibbs will not have seen that much if any 1st team action come the next England game...So would it not be more beneficial to play 1 from Warnock & Baines??

It would be better if he rated them... This is the bit your missing.

A year ago after the U21 Euros people talked about Gibbs for the seniors LONG-TERM, obviously with the caution that he needs to keep progressing and establish himself more at his club, plus with Ashley Cole and Wayne Bridge in the squad and those playing regularly in the Premiership and yet to feature in a England team he is behind the pecking order.

A year on, Bridge has quit, and the regular playing English left-backs in the league - Warnock and Baines clearly haven't impressed Capello and he got a real long look at them...

So by default, maybe he has given Gibbs a chance, liked what he saw and gave him his debut, he could have easily not played him like he didnt Warnock...

In Capello's press conference before the game, he was basicaly saying stay around the Arsenal team and you can stay around the England squad. Which is the same thing he was doing for Crouch & Heskey. It would be silly of Capello to expect Gibbs to be first-choice for Arsenal when there is no chance of him overtaking Ashley Cole for England. However if Ashley Cole was out for 6 months tomorrow, he'd need GIbbs to be playing.

We could have this argument with so many players TBH. That I cant see why your even arguing, what competitive match has Joe Hart played since the Worlc Cup? A WC which he went to as 3rd choice and came back as 1st, and nobody retired and he didnt kick a ball...

Guest Trollse Hill

Kane can you speak fluent French?

Yezzir.

can you bring man to some decent french footy forums, blogs, whatever? wanna improve my lingua & i dont see myself around books n stuff, only know bits n bobs

Bro this aint matchmaker.com

Check yourself before you e-destruct yourself

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

why will he be better?

imagine 2 years ago compare johnson to richards

scott carson to rob green

its not like hes ripping up the league and its dead cert

he hasnt even had a full season

imo

you cant say anything about a young english player who hasnt layed a full season

I don't think Baines can handle the pressure, he was shocking in both of the games pre-world cup and it resulted in Capello taking someone with 10 minutes international football under their belt.

Gibbs is 19/20, played in a Champions League semi final. And pre injury he was piling the pressure on Clichy.

Yeah he was sick

he did that in the first leg and got away with it too

how do you know he couldnt handle the pressure ? i agree with anelka about the egypt game gerrard just left him exposed

He started off bad for everton after his move from wigan

so it might be a mental thing where he needs a few games and a bedding in period into the squad

and right now would of been best for him instead of just before a world cup

He had a very good u21 career hes good going foward.... offers a much better left footed set piece option then gareth barry

Guest Trollse Hill

I rate Baines if everyone remembers before the World Cup I said he should go, I think everyone was in agreement on that too, but two bad appearances and the worry within the camp that Baines complained about being homesick cost him his place & probably England career.

klutz_featurebar_R_fall06.jpg

we_dont_care.jpg

tell-me-when-its-over.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Walcott equals 99-year-old record

David Barber

Thursday, 12 August, 2010

England can’t stop winning with Theo Walcott in the team.

Arsenal’s flying winger Theo Walcott, now 21, has now featured in 12 England matches…and England have won all 12.

He became his country’s youngest player at 17 years 75 days when making his debut as a substitute for Michael Owen in an Old Trafford friendly against Hungary in 2006, a match that England won 3-1.

England’s results in the eleven internationals in which Walcott has played since then have been: 3-0 v Trinidad & Tobago (away), 2-0 v Andorra (away), 4-1 v Croatia (away), 5-1 v Kazakhstan (home), 3-1 v Belarus (away), 4-0 v Kazakhstan (away), 6-0 v Andorra (home), 3-1 v Egypt (home), 3-1 v Mexico (home), 2-1 v Japan (in Austria) and 2-1 v Hungary (home).

Last night at Wembley he equalled a record that had stood for nearly a century. Derby County half-back Ben Warren won 12 consecutive matches with England between 1908 and 1911. England’s results in a different age were even more spectacular: 6-1 v Austria, 11-1 v Austria, 7-0 v Hungary and 4-0 v Bohemia (all away), 4-0 v Ireland, 2-0 v Wales and 2-0 v Scotland (all at home), 4-2 v Hungary, 8-2 v England and 8-1 v Austria (all away), 2-1 v Ireland and 3-0 v Wales (both at home).

They weren’t the first 12 appearances made by Warren, a player described as ‘a touch slow but brave, splendid in ball control and crisp in tackling’. Certainly no-one would suggest that Walcott was ‘a touch slow’...

http://www.thefa.com/England/News/match-centre/2010/EnglandvHungary/Post-Match-Reports/TheoWalcott

Might of been better if they never mentioned those 12 teams.