FireFox 4 Beta

Mr. Gayle

Guest 11 Bills

I hate that, before 4 when I typed in whatever, id be like facebook and itll go direct to the site, now it google searches it

anyone know how ot change it so instead of showing google results it goes direct to the site by typing a word in the address bar?

cos i could just type wshh n itd go onto worldstar, was f*ckin useful

Is there an addon that enables google searching in the address bar like on chrome?

Isn't that what the seperate little search bar next to the original search bar is for? Where it lets you use different searches like Google or Wikipedia?

Yeh but I've just moved over from chrome and it was annoying me that I kept typing searches in the address bar.

Safe MP that sorted it.

I hate that, before 4 when I typed in whatever, id be like facebook and itll go direct to the site, now it google searches it

anyone know how ot change it so instead of showing google results it goes direct to the site by typing a word in the address bar?

cos i could just type wshh n itd go onto worldstar, was f*ckin useful

To get the Firefox 3.6 behavior on Firefox 4 you need to change a hidden preference.

Type about:config into the location bar and press enter

Accept the warning message that appears, you will be taken to a list of preferences

Locate the preference keyword.URL, double-click on it and change its value to the link shown below

http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=navclient&gfns=1&q=

Guest 11 Bills

the f*ck?

firefox crashed, I restarted it and selected restore previous session

it brought up sessions from like last week, maybe longer

f*ckin random lost all my flippin tabs

Guest 11 Bills

*lightbulb over my head*

with this firefox sync ting

there should be a way to add bookmarks if you dont have access to your PC

eg if your at work and you randomy come across a sick site, you could email it to yourself, but wouldnt it be cool if you could just I dunno email it to firefox sync n it adds it, or log in a site and add it there.

just thought about this while email a bunch of links to myself

although I do realise some people arent allowed to use personal emails at work, but something like that would be good either way if you cant install firefox with firefox sync

*lightbulb over my head*

eg if your at work and you randomy come across a sick site, you could email it to yourself, but wouldnt it be cool if you could just I dunno email it to firefox sync n it adds it, or log in a site and add it there.

although I do realise some people arent allowed to use personal emails at work, but something like that would be good either way if you cant install firefox with firefox sync

That would also be useful when you get a new computer or re-install windows.

Guest 11 Bills

*lightbulb over my head*

That would also be useful when you get a new computer or re-install windows.

you can do that with firefox sync, well I COULD, not sure what the hell happened it is, cos it stores ur bookmarks/passwords/history etc so when u use a next PC they can sync

worked for me on 3.6, but for somereason I cant get them bookmarks on 4, which is annoying

im pretty I wiped them aswell

• 1 month later...