oppress irish?

list is endless really

its not a tribal hatred as somebody said, but a detailed historical analysis

u man are lost

/

yh another thing u need to remember

times have changed since Thatcher's day

our economy is based on consumer products

who is going to spend with all these excessive cuts in place?

don't be suprised if we see a double dip recession

(need to try stop gettin sucked in here and read for a seminar lol)

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Guest Esquilax

No one here is condoning cuts to the NHS, or even our schools. I don't see EMA as an education cut, I see it as a benefit cut. It doesn't directly contribute to the education system, only the individual who recieves it, and they can spend it any which way they like, as has been demonstrated in this thread.

It is a gargantuan waste of money that could be better used in grossly underfunded places, where most of the shouts to keep EMA stem from.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

if you look throughout history you know tories dnt give a f*ck about people

who wanted to continue the slave trade?

prevent workers from voting?

women from voting?

oppress irish?

list is endless really

its not a tribal hatred as somebody said, but a detailed historical analysis

u man are lost

/

yh another thing u need to remember

times have changed since Thatcher's day

our economy is based on consumer products

who is going to spend with all these excessive cuts in place?

don't be suprised if we see a double dip recession

(need to try stop gettin sucked in here and read for a seminar lol)

I'm really not a tory fan boy. I don't rate Cameron to be honest but some facts:

The leading abolitionist, William Wilberforce, was a Tory MP.

Benjamin Disraeli, a Tory Prime Minister, Introduced the 1867 reform bill, which gave working men the vote.

Representation of the People Act 1928, which widened suffrage by giving women electoral equality with men, was passed by a tory government.

But does all of this historical analysis of political parties really mean anything. I mean 50 years ago The democratic party in the south were Martin Luther King's foremost opponents, they were vehemently agains the civil rights act of 1964. Abraham Lincoln was a Republican, he freed the slaves, his opponents in the south were democrats. And now in 2011 The USA's first Black president is a Democrat. How many of you will be supporting republicans on a account of the historical good that they have done for the black man? It really doesn't mean much.

However Its really illogical to judge the present nature of an organization on the misdeeds of many years ago. Blair waged two unnecessary wars, are you going to tell me that if an Arab or Muslim refused to vote Labour in future years, that would be a logical conclusion? Even if he was very pleased with their 2053 manifesto?

Guest Esquilax

Even from a moral standpoint, the care given to (a lot of the time) single parents with disabled children in this country is actually sickening. These people sometimes resort to killing their children because the help they need isn't provided by the state. Surely the money would help more there?

I hate talking politics with most economists.

“The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.”

Thomas Sowell.

Case in point, utter bollocks.

“The first lesson of economics is scarcity: There is never enough of anything to satisfy all those who want it. The first lesson of politics is to disregard the first lesson of economics.”

Thomas Sowell.

Case in point, utter bollocks.

LOL haha. But why is it bollocks?

WILBERFORCE collaborated with both tories and whigs

disraeli only passed the bill to secure his own election, he received alot of backlash amongst the party for doing so, it was in actuality labelled a "a political betrayal which has no parallel in our Parliamentary annals."

the war on terror was supported by both parties at the time, so that point is irrelevant.

why the f*ck u talking about america, nothing to do with the UK

Even from a moral standpoint, the care given to (a lot of the time) single parents with disabled children in this country is actually sickening. These people sometimes resort to killing their children because the help they need isn't provided by the state. Surely the money would help more there?

Boo f*ck*ng hoo

There are 6th form students out there who need £30 a week to spend on trainers to help them enjoy college more, and you come in here whining about disabled children?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Guest Esquilax

Boo f*ck*ng hoo

There are 6th form students out there who need £30 a week to spend on trainers to help them enjoy college more, and you come in here whining about disabled children?

You're right

Who will keep Morley's in business?

• Upvote 1

Imagine the reverse too though...

My thing is, most people who are 'left' & 'right' don't even try to find a balance which in my opinion, is the most important. The blind loyalty towards their party or political stance is just as crippling as the party their opposing.

The notion that no matter how much of something there is there isn't enough to satisfy demand is rooted in greed and a hunger for power.

Can any government bureau address greed and hunger for power. No. They are as much an innate part of human nature as sex is.

Even if the richest 100 men in the UK donated their fortunes to be redistributed by the government, it still wouldn't be enough to plug the deficit.

The problem is that every political party like to give promises away that they know fully well that they can't financially fulfill, and the hoi polloi lap it up.

• Upvote 1

so

it was pretty cuntish when him and the oxford tory boys went to clubs/bars with the intention of smashing them up and then paying for the repairs on the spot because they could.....and here is the man your backing to run this country

seriously i have no sympathy for these pitiful excuses for human beings

• Downvote 2

so

it was pretty cuntish when him and the oxford tory boys went to clubs/bars with the intention of smashing them up and then paying for the repairs on the spot because they could.....and here is the man your backing to run this country

Nah that was uncalled for. There is no equivalency between him being a d*ck in his university days, and his son dying.

so

It was more than quite cuntish to go round smashing up restaurants, but that doens't give you a pass to mock his son dying

Who says he's the man I'm backing to run the country? Just cos I don't agree that EMA is a fundamental right of 6th form students?

SMH at these guys backing thatcher.

woman has blood on her hands.

/

jack has his head screwed on still.

positives.

c/s

Good to see a younger guy with his mind right.

If you lot defending Thatcher are black then SMH & LOL. "Top 5 Uni" students or not, you're f*ck*ng lost.

Why are we lost? Look at the facts and stop being emotional and making ad hominem attacks. Refute anything we have said with logic and facts. But you know you can't do that so you resort to emotive retorts.

Why is it wrong to defend Thatcher if we are black? Even if she were the Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, you can still recognise and respect her achievements.

You are the same people that will continue to vote Diane Abbott and David Lammy, knowing fully well that they are politcially inept and useless, knowing fully well that the Labour party will never give them a major ministerial position.

Woman has blood on her hands? As much as Blair or Brown or even Harold Wilson? See how he fully supported Nigeria's genocidal ambitions against Biafra. At least Thatcher fought wars worth fighting, She was on the winning side of the Cold War, and she f*cked the Argies. Also she took on a 'real' terrorist organisation and not just some idea. (cough, cough "War on terror")

All this being said you will myopically continue to vote Labour despite their shortcomings. And Labour will continue to take your vote for granted. Or maybe not since your Idea of good government is how much 'free' sh*t a government can give you.

Sorry mate but the wars she brought us in were pointless. Why the hell are they gonna go ALL THE WAY to the Falklands??? Only to show military strength. I admire the technology we had with the Harrier GR mk3 and the Sea Harrier, but look what happened to them two aircraft, we BOUGHT the later Harrier GR mk7 from America.... W|E BOUGHT THEM.............WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol :/

why do you ruin good debates with such type of talk .

your whole point about going to a war wrongly was because she bought a harrier jet from america?:/

lol@ labour being pro black. they only fought against apartheid cos they were in opposition.

just like the lib dems, (who i would actually say couldve been more pro-apartheid) but then when not in govt

its very fashionable to support things cos the politics of business or vice versa isnt in your hands.

like never raising tuition fees rolleyes.gif

Guest Awesome Kong

SMH at these guys backing thatcher.

woman has blood on her hands.

/

jack has his head screwed on still.

positives.

c/s

Good to see a younger guy with his mind right.

If you lot defending Thatcher are black then SMH & LOL. "Top 5 Uni" students or not, you're f*ck*ng lost.

Why are we lost? Look at the facts and stop being emotional and making ad hominem attacks. Refute anything we have said with logic and facts. But you know you can't do that so you resort to emotive retorts.

Why is it wrong to defend Thatcher if we are black? Even if she were the Grand Wizard of the Ku Klux Klan, you can still recognise and respect her achievements.

You are the same people that will continue to vote Diane Abbott and David Lammy, knowing fully well that they are politcially inept and useless, knowing fully well that the Labour party will never give them a major ministerial position.

Woman has blood on her hands? As much as Blair or Brown or even Harold Wilson? See how he fully supported Nigeria's genocidal ambitions against Biafra. At least Thatcher fought wars worth fighting, She was on the winning side of the Cold War, and she f*cked the Argies. Also she took on a 'real' terrorist organisation and not just some idea. (cough, cough "War on terror")

All this being said you will myopically continue to vote Labour despite their shortcomings. And Labour will continue to take your vote for granted. Or maybe not since your Idea of good government is how much 'free' sh*t a government can give you.

Sorry mate but the wars she brought us in were pointless. Why the hell are they gonna go ALL THE WAY to the Falklands??? Only to show military strength. I admire the technology we had with the Harrier GR mk3 and the Sea Harrier, but look what happened to them two aircraft, we BOUGHT the later Harrier GR mk7 from America.... W|E BOUGHT THEM.............WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol :/

why do you ruin good debates with such type of talk .

your whole point about going to a war wrongly was because she bought a harrier jet :/

lol@ labour being pro black. they only fought against apartheid cos they were in opposition.

just like the lib dems, (who i would actually say couldve been more pro-apartheid) but then when not in govt

its very fashionable to support things cos the politics of business or vice versa isnt in your hands.

like never raising tuition fees rolleyes.gif

No it is not Carpe. She should not have gone to war because of them small stupid Islands, putting peoples lives at risk.

/

I am saying on a manufacturing point, we had designed the Harrier, yet we bought these planes from America when we could have done it ourselves as they were OUR designs.