New Years Football

Captain Planet

Guest Rorschach
During that REALLY dominant United era, who you think was more integral, Giggs or Becks.If you don't think it's at LEAST arguable, then the hate is clouding your mind.
Giggs was and is a better footballer (thoguh during that time Becham was more integral)Lol aint no hate clouding my mind, I'm not a sith, I genuinely don't hate him, but when I hear interviews like that talksport one, they just get me angry and they typify what a lot of people thinkLets put it this way, and please, be honestIf spurs, being a team that are in europe challenging for the CL, and effectively challenging for the league aswell, said they wanted to buy/loan Ryan Giggs, would you not laugh at them?I can't beleive the answer is anything other than yes. And its the same with Beckham, but he has the hype machine with him.

sorry but i cant agree.yeah he's a big deal off the field etc etcbut he has won literally everything there was to win at club footballregardless of media hype that can and will never be overshadowed
Lol so has Phil Neville and Nicky Butt, so has Ray Parlour.
Becks was a key part of that success though.
So was Gary Neville and i've never rated him that highly do you?

Guest Rorschach

But when they got Davids they weren't a top 4 team in the champions league, with an outside chance of winning the PL.And yeah youd laugh, thats all Im saying, but because its David Beckham, people think its credible.

In the past 3 years Beckham has played 48 games in the MLS and 29 in Serie A and a few for England. :D at these mugs giving credit for any improvement of Galaxy.Cannot stand the English media when they get on their high horse, baseless punditry.

During that REALLY dominant United era, who you think was more integral, Giggs or Becks.If you don't think it's at LEAST arguable, then the hate is clouding your mind.
this is the thing, I've always been a huge Ryan Giggs fan, as he was one of my first ever favourite players along with Kanchelskis, however Ryan giggs ' Longevity has somewhat clouded peoples minds on the history of how he's been regarded by United fans especially, and some sections of the media,Ryan Giggs in 2011 is the favourite son of Manchester United, however in the dominant era we experienced during the early 2000's things were very different, My guy used to get slagged off at every opportunity, and even once got booed by large sections of Old Trafford, during this period of time and before hand, for David Beckham to get booed or slagged off by United fans to that level was unthinkable, during this period of United history David Beckham was undoubtedly more intergral to the success of manchester United than possible my favourite ever player and a person who ultimately has and had more talent than he did, David Beckham led us along with Roy Keane and Dwight Yorke to a treble, think he got 24 assists that season or somthing and in the years following him along with Teddy Sheringham, Roy Keane and Japp Stam were our most consistant and important playerstake it from someone who was lucky enough to see a large number of gfames in this time, David Beckham regardless of anyone oppinions on his levels of talent, was more intergral to that United era than Ryan Giggs, as much as i'd like to say the opposite, it just wouldnt be true.
Its arguable but Giggs was always the better player...period.
yes Giggs is and was the better player, but Veron wa always a much better midfielder than Phil Neville, but in Veron's time at United who contributed more and was more important to the midfield, and on a side note, if anyone thinks David Beckham chose to go in for all the media work right at the begining, they're deluded, he was part of the United machine and one of the tools used to get Us to the top of the tree finance wise, they tried it with Lee Sharpe, but his off field actions put pay to his time at United as he couldn't be controlled. Tried it with Ryan Giggs, but anyone who's anyone seen Ryan Giggs' face while reading an autocue or during an interview will know why that didnt work out. so David Beckham was ushered into the spotlight, probably to capatalise on the half way line goal, Now once he became old enough to start calling the shorts, i wont talk about anyones choice to criticise him for choosing to stay in the media limelight, but to be quite frank if a company offers you millions a year to appear in a advert for 30 seconds, then.........................................
  • Upvote 3

23 assists in the treble winning seasonsnmabout half decent
there you go, people love getting on the guys back anybody with a decent memory wouldnt even bother as anyone else with a decent memory would rip their footballing criticisms to piecescontribution was immense while he was at United, and the only thing that outweighed his assists was his never ending work rate, i wish someone would post up the treble season end of season review and the 2 seasons afterwards aswell, coz the mere notion that Giggs (as great as he his, and he is f*ck*ng great) was more intergral to the team than Beckham is just plain stupid.

Guest Portuguese

Beckham for me is class.He performed well@Manchester United and Real Madrid.Aleast he had the bulls to venture outside unlike Lampard(Inter) and Gerrard(Madrid) who both bottled moves.Not many guys would of won their place back with Capello as coach of the team. Capello ended Ronaldo and nearly Robinho's careers Madrid.He didn't set Serie A alight(that's media hype) he was a very good professional who bought desire/team work to the table and weighed in with his share of assists.I think he is as good as Giggs(not really a fan) but not in Scholes league.Oh yeah I nearly forgot he was outstanding in UCL final 99 in a poor side on the night and also he dragged England against Greece at OT 2001.Also narrowly missed out to the great Rivaldo when it comes to the crowning world footballer of the year.Beckham surely is one of the best passers of a long ball and also set pieces taker. But I know for sure nobody on this forum has seen a better crosser of the ball in their lifetimeI am tired now!

Guest Portuguese

Beckham for me is class.He performed well@Manchester United and Real Madrid.Aleast he had the bulls to venture outside unlike Lampard(Inter) and Gerrard(Madrid) who both bottled moves.Not many guys would of won their place back with Capello as coach of the team. Capello ended Ronaldo and nearly Robinho's careers Madrid.He didn't set Serie A alight(that's media hype) he was a very good professional who bought desire/team work to the table and weighed in with his share of assists.I think he is as good as Giggs(not really a fan) but not in Scholes league.Oh yeah I nearly forgot he was outstanding in UCL final 99 in a poor side on the night and also he dragged England against Greece at OT 2001.Also narrowly missed out to the great Rivaldo when it comes to the crowning world footballer of the year.Beckham surely is one of the best passers of a long ball and also set pieces taker. But I know for sure nobody on this forum has seen a better crosser of the ball in their lifetimeI am tired now!

Guest Rorschach

Just to be clear, only one person in the thread said Beckham was sh*t. And that wasn't to be taken seriously. The argument was never that he was sh*t, or wasn't integral to the team.

Giggs, Scholes & Gerrard will get remembered, not because they're better ballers, but because they stayed with their clubs.I don't even think they're better than Becks, just different playing styles. Actually, Scholes is better.
Giggs is better than Beckham. f*ck*ng hell, I thought you was better than that.