Quick question about PHONES

Fearless-Guy

lol@ how gassed some people are about phones. tying themselves into some 24 month contract

these are the same ones who will laugh at people on here about cars (even though none of them actually drive) and say "dont get a car on finance"

you just did the same thing with your phones.

and even though its a much smaller amount compared to a car its the fact that you're still getting raped for what you will pay in the end

i bought a blackberry 3g for £150, and i pay £20 a month for sim only no contract.. 600mins 300txts unlimited internet

absolute :lmao: @ paying £69/ month for 2 yrs hope thats not so? £1769 for an iphone and call/ data usage ??? :lmao:

Guest Fat Eric

i bought a blackberry 3g for £150, and i pay £20 a month for sim only no contract.. 600mins 300txts unlimited internet

c/s except my deal was better

my contracts 24 months

but phones4u will buy me out of it and into a next one after 12

which is good

but then im stuck with phones4u

time will tell

shouldnt listen too tough to all the promises cos to do tht u have to hand in a phone etc/ in a year they can say wot they want theres nothing on the contract tht says they will buy u out.

You have to hand In a phone? :blink:

I knew the guy who sold me it hopefully he's still there in a year. Got me 150 cash back no redemption just out the till so hour he will stock to his word

Guest 11 Bills

got the galaxy s2, free phone, 600 mins, unltd texts, unltd internet on vodafone, 35 a month and £260 cashback.

lol @ laughing at my choices

Guest 11 Bills

35 x 24 840

handset 499

cashback 260

final cost - 81. 3.37 a month

lol @ 24m contracts being sh*t with the minutes, texts and data added and the handset itself

hope I worked that out right

hes saying 35 a month over 24 months is 840

take away the handset cost of 500

and somehow cash back of 260

therefore the effective cost AFTER paying off the handset is 80 quid which is just over 3 quid a month

how many mins txts internet and what network?

plus how did you get 260 cashback or is that some long redemption thing

Mate he paid £69 for the handset and probs £35/£40 a month

Calm down

so the 35/40 a month is not part of the phone cost you think??

dont be silly

:/

absolute :lmao: @ paying £69/ month for 2 yrs hope thats not so? £1769 for an iphone and call/ data usage ??? :lmao:

whats wrong with what i wrote? althuogh i didnt see he got cashback but i was talking in general.

you are being ripped off to get a phone for 'free' while paying 40-60/month to browse the net and make calls

AND tied into a 24month contract. thats all im saying.

Guest 11 Bills

600 mins, inltd texts, unltd internet on vodafone.

was kinda wierd, I made an order online and the guy phoned me n basically told me the deal I went for was sh*t, it was 35p/m 49.99 handset for like the same minutes n sh*t.

then last week he set up an account for me with vodafone and sent me a sim card and said he'll phone in 8 days.

8 days later he gives me that deal, basically I got it as an upgrade rather than first contract so I got the same deal heads would if there coming to the end of their term, even though I only had it for 8 days

Mate he paid £69 for the handset and probs £35/£40 a month

Calm down

so the 35/40 a month is not part of the phone cost you think??

dont be silly

:/

whats wrong with what i wrote? althuogh i didnt see he got cashback but i was talking in general.

you are being ripped off to get a phone for 'free' while paying 40-60/month to browse the net and make calls

AND tied into a 24month contract. thats all im saying.

He paid £69 for the handset not £69 a month for 2 years

Guest 11 Bills

its alright man, I dnt mind the hate, I dont at all, its a bad deal init? i know i know, abit of a phone n00b here so I welcome your guidance with the wealth of knowledge you learned.

maybe next time Ill be able to get a good deal

its a company owned by carphone warehouse

Guest 11 Bills

not saying its the best

but compared to what MArvell is talking about, I just go back to the final cost of 81 over the full term, dnt even care about minutes my calls are usually short, but thats the best deal ive ever had, the virgin one is OK, but I have way too many minutes