Blackberry

slickesrickes

9700, my battery has lasted 3 days, i'm a mid-high user

Do you use media player? and do you keep wifi on all the time? I use my 9700 as ah mp3 player for journey to and from work each day - about 45 mins each way and this kills the battery life, barely get 24 hours. I might try switching wifi off when im out and about to see if this helps.

wifi is always on, don't use media player allot but i'm always on web browsing

Do you use media player? and do you keep wifi on all the time? I use my 9700 as ah mp3 player for journey to and from work each day - about 45 mins each way and this kills the battery life, barely get 24 hours. I might try switching wifi off when im out and about to see if this helps.

If you really want to get the most out of your battery life, keep the music on your phone at a low kbs. 128kbs would be the lowest you could get away with, quality wise.

320kbs mp3s will kill your phone in no time as theres much more data for the media player to process. They're usually 3 to 4 times bigger than a 128kps mp3.

So that'd mean you can play upto 3 or 4 more tunes with the same processing power it'd take to listen to one 320kps tune. Which means your battery will last 3 or 4 times longer.

You'd need an mp3 converter to deal with the above though.

Disabling WIFI could help, but only slightly.

The main things that would kill my battery are music and heavy use of apps that use the internet connection.

Safe for that, that was really helpful, didn't know that the about kbps

beg someone show me how to setup the bbm ting

im on tmobile pay as you go if that helps

and ive d/l'd da new bbm aswell...

dont really need to set it up bro, just install then add ur contacts. tell me how far u've gotten

added dem but they're saying they havent got any pending requests...

try to do a battery pull. my cousin had something f*cked like this when she was settin hers up, battery pull solved it

He didn't mention whether he has the BB services. This could be the problem.

how would i go about getting this?

Ok if i buy a blackberry on o2 and get unllimited internet & BB messenger

once i get the phone will i have to pay any extra fees....(i keep hearing that you pay for bb email & BIS & BES)?????

if u get a data plan its unlimted yea. if u get a net usuage it wont. but really most blackberry plans come with a unlimted plan.

Ok if i buy a blackberry on o2 and get unllimited internet & BB messenger

once i get the phone will i have to pay any extra fees....(i keep hearing that you pay for bb email & BIS & BES)?????

if u get a data plan its unlimted yea. if u get a net usuage it wont. but really most blackberry plans come with a unlimted plan.

cheers how much the blackberry data plan cost per month??

i'm actually looking to get a blackberry storm 2 on contract soon

what do you lot know about the phone?

Youtube is your friend

IMO test it out before you buy, you'll either love or hate the touch screen, its not the same type of touch screen as an iphone. It's a clickable creen

Youtube is your friend

IMO test it out before you buy, you'll either love or hate the touch screen, its not the same type of touch screen as an iphone. It's a clickable creen

alright

cheers mate

Orange doing Free BB Bold 9700 with 1200 mins, unlimited texts (3000) and unlimited email + browsing and all for £30 on a 24 month contract.

I upgraded with o2. 24 month contract, free BB Bold 9700, 1200 mins, 1000 texts, Unlimited BIS and Unlimited o2 to o2 calling.... £35 p/m.

A tad more expensive than orange but I think I hustled myself an alright deal considering they were offering me initially 1200 mins, 500 texts and unlimited BIS (and no o2 to o2 calling) for £40 on 24 month contract.

Youtube is your friend

alright

cheers mate

It is a marmite situation like said.

I found the screen quite good.

It is a capacitive screen like the iphone some in some respects you will get the same experience like kinetic scrolling and web browsing and such alike can be done in much the same fashion as the iphone (just no pinch to zoom).

However I found the screen far more enjoyable to type on. I would say I was actually faster on the iphone considering I am used to it but that tactile feel of clicking was more enjoyable for me to do.

Like when using a BB Curve 8900 the typing experience was more enjoyable whether writing long or short messages even though with the iphone I was quicker.

But like said go to a vodafone shop and ask for a demo and the opportunity to play around with the phone a bit and they will most certainly ablige your request.

brem, can u give me a link to that orange bb bold deal please.

Check phones4u and cpw.

If you don't want it from CPW.

Then call up orange sales and ask them if they are willing to match that offer.

They will match it.

If one of them says no, hang up and call again and again ask them to match it.

Make sure you you tell them that carphonewarehouse are doing it for £30 pm with 1200mins, unlimited texts and unlimited BB services and free bb bold 9700.