★★★ Cotto - Margarito II ★★★

Fighting Weight

It really depends how shot or not Margarito is after the Pacquiao fight, and the true condition of his eye. Cotto will outbox him all day, but if Margo is still able to walk through is shots, walk him down and repeatedly lay leather on him (Miguel had absolutely no answer for the uppercut last time around), it's going to be a long night for him. If he had boxed smarter in the first fight, even after gassing, he could have come away with an MD/UD, even if he had just clinched on occasion.

He seems incredibly fired up for this though, he is a warrior and I know it hurt him having to take a knee in the first fight and I can't see him doing anything but leaving the ring in a stretcher or with his hand raised, he's said he is going to 'beat Margarito's eye', and is definitely going in with bad intentions.

With a better gameplan Cotto takes it, I think there could be some psychological effect on him however if Margarito starts to land on him and he feels the same strength/impact as before (which he has blamed on the plaster), so it'll be interesting. I think Margo being out of the ring for so long is going to hinder him this time around.

Thinking (and hoping) for a Cotto win/ doctor stoppage due to eye-injury, Steve Smoger is the ref for this fight so you can bet it definitely will not be stopped by him, I just think under normal circumstances Margo has Cotto's number and his style is all wrong for him, but his recent inactivity combined with Cotto's desire for revenge should see him through. It is going to be a war though. I can see it turning into an affair where Margo ends up going near enoughblind and it's clear the fight should be stopped, with him taking repeated shots but still coming forward.

Yeah very true, but I still wouldn't want to see someone who shouldn't medically be cleared to fight put in the ring and blinded themselves just to line Bob Arums pockets.

Imo he should have been banned, from the evidence I have seen, the commission clearly didn't think so, I just don't want to see a death in the ring, not to mention it would be very bad for boxing.

Watch Live Miguel Angel Cotto vs. Antonio Margarito Boxing online stream on 4 December 2011. The Cotto vs Margarito 2 is set in Madison Square Garden in New York on December 3rd at 7:00 PM after the New York State Athletic Commission granted Antonio Margarito a license to fight in the State of New York.

:Y:/boxing/antonio-margarito-vs-miguel-angel-cotto-live-stream-online-boxing/

Someone give me the low down on the history between these two please

Why is that guy a cheat?

At the time they fought, Miguel Cotto was undeafeated WBA Welterweight champion, at the time he was pretty awesome and had a real air of invincibility about him, was the #1 ranked WW and was generally expected to win, he dominated the early rounds, using good comibinations & footwork, but Margarito is a pressure fighter who builds momentum throughout the fight, he'd be walking through 4 or 5 Cotto shots to land 3 of his own, eventually this started to take it's toll on Cotto, being hit with repeated uppercuts and bodyshots, his face was cut and bruised up, bleeding from his nose, and he was eventually overcome and forced to take a knee (thus giving Margarito a knockdown on the scorecards), margarito walked him down again, again Cotto was forced against the ropes and going down, and his trainer (& uncle) threw the towell in, and it was seen as a really gritty war, in which the warrior margarito prevailed. Check the vid of their fight I posted on the previous page.

Margarito's next fight was against the then 38 year old Shane Mosely, before the fight while he was having his hands ram, Nazim Richardson (Moselsys trainer) saw that Margarito was having his hands wrapped illegally, with a white powder substance evident underneath them, people from the California State Athletic comission confiscated the wraps & pads used with them, which were described like the material used to make casts (he had a wet wrap underneath his top-wraps, and it's speculated that like plaster of paris, it would harden throughout the fight). Margo then went out and was brutally destroyed by Mosely. Margarito and his trainer had their liscences revoked, but it was later found that it was the fault of his trainer, and not Margarito. (a little unbeleivable if you ask me)

So of course now, every fight he has ever had has been called into question, not least the previous fight against the formerly undefeated WW Champion Miguel Cotto, Margarito has never been known as a murderous puncher but Cotto was clearly dropped (and forced to take a knee) by his shots.

Cotto has since claimed he hasn't ever felt anything like that before when he's been hit, and outright accused Margo of wearing the wraps for their fight.

I feel sorry for Cotto, he's a humble guy, see bit of my self in him, in terms of looks and personality, body build and that but this isnt the guy you want to face at this point of your career especially losing your dad, you can't try and turn him into a straight guy and ask for a clean fight because its not happening.

Personally I've always indentified you with the Mexican warrior Margarito?

Cheers Cipher.

Just Watched the 1st 24/7, this fight will be emotional

NP, yeah it should be explosive, just one day left, gonna be shattered Sunday morning I've got football aswell.

Been hoping for this rematch for 3 years. Seriously can't wait for Saturday.

Also Fight Camp 360 is back tomorrow for Froch - Ward

Ditto, I actually think I prefer fight camp to 24/7s.