Everton's Financial Crisis

Mame Biram Diouf

Trust me.

I think it started with Cole - and now by default all of these Lightskinned Left-backs are World class

Tony, whatchu think?

:lol:

/

I reckon Enrique will be in the Spain squad by the end of the season.

/

I reckon he will be in the Barcelona squad by the in around two years

He is Spanish and technically good there is no way Pep hasn't assigned somebody to keep an eye and see how he plays in a bigger team then Newcastle

/

This witheld negging thing is f*ck*ng annoying, if you disagree speak up don't hide behind a red button

:Y:

Guest Portuguese

He would make Arsenal's defence even worse.

The guy is an average defender(red card waiting to happen). The way this guy got found out in La Liga and hasn't done much better in England

Heitinga looks better in midfield than defence

Then essentially it comes down to AW just sticking with the academy option which is commendable but still...

SMH.

Maybe the English quota has something to do with it.

Did you see Traore for Juventus last year, if so how did he seem in comparison to Gibbs features last season?

Didn't watch Juve too often last season but from what I can recall, he was deployed moreso as a left-winger than left-back but don't hold me to that...

Lol

Heitinga is quality on the ball too can play across the back or in midfield, tbf Jags is only 5'11 and Vermaelen is probably the same

His scout report on Heitinga must be a corrupt file just going off a memory of him up against Real in the Madrid derby getting rinsed

Also talking like players cant move country and be suited to the style of play more and/or develop and improve

Is Pique sh*t because he got found out couple times in England?

:rolleyes:

• Upvote 1

Defenitely. Well it depends, from goalkicks etc the ball is always in the defenders court because of the angle, the ball is always coming straight to him, all you really need is the desire, and playing to the strengths of a defender is a bad idea

Vermaelen, like Vidic, absolutely loves aerial challenges, lumping it up to your striker all day is going to be an enjoyable afternoon for him

However the problem occurs when you have a relatively small back line against a tall, strong team

Having a whole back-line under 6 foot isn't a wise idea, against a team with one aerial threat that manages to peel onto the weaker defender relatively few times (Caroll did to it though, against Miguel, and Sagna) is fine

But when you come up against a team like City, or Stoke, or Bolton, it can cause you troubs

Guest Portuguese

All that height sh*t is for the birds if the defender has a leap on him & can time jumps well.

TV5 has Carroll on LOCK in the air yesterday.

Cannavaro is another example. Ayala too.

Puyol

Defenitely. Well it depends, from goalkicks etc the ball is always in the defenders court because of the angle, the ball is always coming straight to him, all you really need is the desire, and playing to the strengths of a defender is a bad idea

Vermaelen, like Vidic, absolutely loves aerial challenges, lumping it up to your striker all day is going to be an enjoyable afternoon for him

However the problem occurs when you have a relatively small back line against a tall, strong team

Having a whole back-line under 6 foot isn't a wise idea, against a team with one aerial threat that manages to peel onto the weaker defender relatively few times (Caroll did to it though, against Miguel, and Sagna) is fine

But when you come up against a team like City, or Stoke, or Bolton, it can cause you troubs

That's one of the reasons why I was so keen on Enrique, because this problem of us letting in goals aerially has less to do with our CB's, and more to do with our FB's if anything.

I'm an advocate of having 2 kinds of FB's. The wing-back types, and the more robust, physical kinds & just adapt to your opposition.

For example, Gibbs + Enrique, Sagna + another RB, someone like Van Der Wiel.

Guest Portuguese

Lol

Heitinga is quality on the ball too can play across the back or in midfield, tbf Jags is only 5'11 and Vermaelen is probably the same

His scout report on Heitinga must be a corrupt file just going off a memory of him up against Real in the Madrid derby getting rinsed

Also talking like players cant move country and be suited to the style of play more and/or develop and improve

How many full games have you seen Heiting play well in as a CB?

The guy isn't a CB he has had his better games for Everton as a DM

I prefer La Liga over the Prem but seem to watch and know more about it(Prem) than you .

Maybe im interpreting this wrong but most Arsenal fans on here said they wanted a 6ft shithouse (Samba) mould so for them to go for Heitinga may be an issue for the fans being interested him. Also having a defence live of [5ft11--5ft11--5ft11--5ft9], would not be enough to reduce your ariel rape IMO. Up against some teams it would get exposed. But he would easily fit into their style of play.

Lol

How many full games have you seen Heiting play well in as a CB?

The guy isn't a CB he has had his better games for Everton as a DM

I prefer La Liga over the Prem but seem to watch and know more about it(Prem) than you .

More then enough to not be able to count them with your mums nipples rudeboy

He had better games at DM because he played there mostly when Moyes was using more width and they had Donovan and Billy pressing teams down and had them on the back foot so he was not getting pressured enough. If that means playing sick for you then fair enough but not for me. He was playing very good at CB when Jag was out injured and he was paired with Distan, maybe you was on a scouting trip during that part of the season?. Also he was apparently playing with an injury a lot since he arrived and during last season had to have to injections to feature in a lot of games due to Moyes not being bothered about his welfare and having a lot of injuries.

/

2uq0ql2.jpg

Should sign him just for that tbh

• Upvote 2

Cole>Evra>Baines

Kolarov isn't better than me

Lol at Gibbs

What has Gibbs done to get top 5-6 LB in the league status?

Benoit Incosistant-Ekotto>Gibbs

Anyway, I'd take all of those players.

Rodwell, Feilanni, Baines, Arteta

All quality. Infact if Baines played for a top 4 team i'm pretty certain he'd get called world class

Arsenal shoud just raid Everton like Spurs raided West Ham

lol at benny been inconsistent.

3rd best LB in the prem

i won't lie BAE is pretty damn good you know, to say 3rd could be debateable but he's silently up there with the best of the PL

Very tidy baller rarely puts a pass wrong, I recall him being occasionally caught out of position (although that may just be flashbacks of CLichy) but thats even a rarity these days, good lad.

• Upvote 1

lol at benny been inconsistent.

3rd best LB in the prem

He has days where he has a mare & looses concentration (LIke the Blackpool game) / looks like he's thinking of his next hip interview to give

Then he has days where he's going kickups over the opposing wingers head

He's doing the former less and the latter more, but then it's the new season and I hadn't seen him play since May

People who think that Benny is an unreliable defender tend to be thinking about the times when he scares the sh*t out of the fans by finessing the ball in the corner or in the penalty area. Their blood pressure goes up and they recall it as "an error" or "bad defending".

But Benny almost never loses out in those situations. They aren't errors and they aren't bad defending. They're just a very confident fullback who understands the ball, doing his job.

So there's this collective folk memory about Benny's scary moments in defence.

Guest Portuguese

BAE has improved big time IMO.

The game against Cristiano Ronaldo(Carling Cup Final) was the turning point of his Tottenham career.

Kolarov is a very good footballer but not athletic enough to be a LB in England

Pretty much

His end product was also poor throughout last season

Everytime he got 35 yards out he would shoot

He is suspect defending aswell due to his poor one-on-one skills

He was better in Italy in a slower league as a wingback in a 3-5-2 system, in a 4-2-3-1 he doesn't have the pace or athleticism to match the top LB's in the league, though he does like to attack

decent at going forward and defending, but not great at either, if it wasn't for his mule kick he wouldn't be anything special

Trust me.

I think it started with Cole - and now by default all of these Lightskinned Left-backs are World class

Tony, whatchu think?

lol

Gibbs has potential and is at the right club to develop, but he couldn't go anywhere else and get in the team.

Evra don't impress me much these days, poor positioning and too many mistakes, coming abit like Clichy.

Since he came back from that bereavement he ain't been the same.

Cole is obviously the worlds premier left back.

But I think Baines has the best quality in his left foot out of any of the left backs mentioned.