Why Havent They Blown Yet . . . . . ?

Guest chap44uns

Sorry but LOL at Tulisa being a better singer than Ny.

lol shocking call from Afroman.

Only black girl she can sing better than is Estelle and even then it's close.

Nah Estelle is an abomination of a vocalist, even when the engineer has been burning the midnight oil to touch up and tweak her vocals she still sounds horrific.

Fuck knows how she got as far as she has.

this girl randomly popped into my head as i was rubbin the nots

:rofl:

Nearly spat out my milk and Oreos :lol:

Phonecharger you're a clown :rofl:

Your persona wouldn't be appreciated on many forums except this one, I hope you know that :lol: You're down with di dans here cuzzy.

/

Ny ain't blown because she has a shit management company with no links and no creative drive. If she had played piano or some shit she would have been pushed as the London equivalent of Alicia Keys. If Wiley hadn't been a dirty boy, he could have done a Geeneus probably have been pushed as Katy B or some shit.

'Lady Ny' wasn't marketable, as the only other 'Lady' who came out before her was Sovereign. She weren't very ladylike and reminded most people who actually buy music of Vicky Pollard (except for hipster NY people and stupid Europeans) and she fell into that trap.

As for SAS, they didn't rep hard enough in London. They were kinda repping London by proxy, then they got deported, Dame Dash flopped with the Roc, they got too impatient with Dipset and had to go do features based off the Naija connection. I respect their grind, they have a deep history that is 100% hip-hop, but they should have put the work in here more, linked more artists up, etc.

Also Slick Rick was probably the first UK export. There was a chick too, Monie Love maybe?

Sorry but LOL at Tulisa being a better singer than Ny.

lol shocking call from Afroman.

Only black girl she can sing better than is Estelle and even then it's close.

Nah Estelle is an abomination of a vocalist, even when the engineer has been burning the midnight oil to touch up and tweak her vocals she still sounds horrific.

Fuck knows how she got as far as she has.

this girl randomly popped into my head as i was rubbin the nots

:rofl:

Nearly spat out my milk and Oreos :lol:

Phonecharger you're a clown :rofl:

Your persona wouldn't be appreciated on many forums except this one, I hope you know that :lol: You're down with di dans here cuzzy.

/

Ny ain't blown because she has a shit management company with no links and no creative drive. If she had played piano or some shit she would have been pushed as the London equivalent of Alicia Keys. If Wiley hadn't been a dirty boy, he could have done a Geeneus probably have been pushed as Katy B or some shit.

'Lady Ny' wasn't marketable, as the only other 'Lady' who came out before her was Sovereign. She weren't very ladylike and reminded most people who actually buy music of Vicky Pollard (except for hipster NY people and stupid Europeans) and she fell into that trap.

As for SAS, they didn't rep hard enough in London. They were kinda repping London by proxy, then they got deported, Dame Dash flopped with the Roc, they got too impatient with Dipset and had to go do features based off the Naija connection. I respect their grind, they have a deep history that is 100% hip-hop, but they should have put the work in here more, linked more artists up, etc.

Also Slick Rick was probably the first UK export. There was a chick too, Monie Love maybe?

Monie Love is correct, the only Uk rap artist who gets proper love in the US apart from Ricky of course.

And what you said about SAS is correct, they shouldn't have just been depending on Dipset, should have used Dipset to build more links in the US, although i don't think they would have been hugely successful over there anyways because people from the US just ain't ready to hear rappers rpa in an English accent.

SAS looked like Rocafella send outs, some thugged out get-the-coffee guys. They should have been rolling to Nissi Beach with Dipset and show them how they UK was doing it back in them days, instead of standing in the rain in Harlem with a bag of man like it's the greatest thing in the world.

They weren't leaders, basically. They realized it too late and struggled to adapt. I'm not writing them off though, nor Ny.

Also Ny ain't a great songwriter from what I know? She's not an underrated songwriting genius like Teedra Moses, I ain't heard that much from her in time so I don't know, but she needs to get some better links and soon.

• Upvote 1

On the topic of Rita Ora/Roc Nation and off on a slight tangent:

I really want to see Koke and Jay-Z stood next to each other before I buy this Roc Nation shit. I am struggling to see pictures of Jay and J. Cole online right now. Where is the interlabel collabs? I predict this thing flopping unless Jay actually co-signs this ting correctly.

Maybe Jay is trying to observe their buzz as objectively as he can without the bait P-Diddy style cameos. Maybe. Or maybe he has no idea how to run a label and is wasting the buzz without giving it the boost it needs?

Either way, at the VERY least a J.Cole, K Koke collab. Even if they email the parts, cool, that is what technology allows these days, the organic studio sessions are dinosaur, yeah yeah. But the UK really needs it.

The only white guys Jay rolls with are Chris Martin and Hudson matey.

• Upvote 1

The way I see it artists are lazy.

If you want shine go and get it, what is stopping you putting all your money into your music and then getting a google adwords account or putting ads up on facebook/youtube yourself.

I don't see any ads from these musicians being spoke about in here.

People want others to invest in them when they ain't willing to invest their last penny on themselves.

Some part time mentality.

• Upvote 1

Tbf Beyonce is in a different league to Rihanna or Ny.

I'm not even a B fan.

Yeah shes a better entertainer and has a better voice, but definitely definitely not on a different level though in terms of the music she produces.

Nah real talk, her music ain't saying much at all.

She letting me down still, I thought she would be 1 of these artists who would be performing in their 50's and shit.

She ain't got the material to get past 38.

Tbf Beyonce is in a different league to Rihanna or Ny.

I'm not even a B fan.

Yeah shes a better entertainer and has a better voice, but definitely definitely not on a different level though in terms of the music she produces.

Nah real talk, her music ain't saying much at all.

She letting me down still, I thought she would be 1 of these artists who would be performing in their 50's and shit.

She ain't got the material to get past 38.

Same.

Currently waiting to see whagwan for Dionne Bromfield. Wanna see her do big things, her mentor was the best British soul/jazz singer this side of the 80s IMO.