Why Havent They Blown Yet . . . . . ?

Guest chap44uns

Marketed her self well (again)

I repeat the music industry is devoid of talent in respect to individual artist abilities, that void is filled by intelligent marketing.

However for Estelle can't sing but I will admit she can write decent stuff.

Exactly its just about getting the right break, or the right song. Tinie Tempahs and Estelles career both looked like it was going nowhere to Tinie came out with Pass Out, and Estelle American Boy.

Tbf Beyonce is in a different league to Rihanna or Ny.

I'm not even a B fan.

Yeah shes a better entertainer and has a better voice, but definitely definitely not on a different level though in terms of the music she produces.

Nah real talk, her music ain't saying much at all.

She letting me down still, I thought she would be 1 of these artists who would be performing in their 50's and shit.

She ain't got the material to get past 38.

Same.

Currently waiting to see whagwan for Dionne Bromfield. Wanna see her do big things, her mentor was the best British soul/jazz singer this side of the 80s IMO.

Better than Caron Wheeler?

Lynden?

I ain't saying no I'm just asking.

Dionne Bromfield ain't reaching them heights don, she will only ever be okay when compared to Amy.

If don't seem to come to her as natural as it did Amy, weird to be talking about her in the past tense even now, fucking shame, tragic life but musically it's a disaster, won't get another real deal like that for atleast another 20 years.

Marketed her self well (again)

I repeat the music industry is devoid of talent in respect to individual artist abilities, that void is filled by intelligent marketing.

However for Estelle can't sing but I will admit she can write decent stuff.

Estelle's break was getting into the industry in the 1st place.

That got her out and about and when she got dropped 1st time she already had the John Legend link.

Thought these man were gonna blow still.

Wrong timing.

Always under b2k's shadow.

Fack, banger, these man were POLISHED ya na.

I remember my sister screamed when I told her they were English lol.

The best compliment you can get as an artist.

I think they didn't keep coming hard (no homo) they shoulda just kept releasing heat and be consistent, there was noway they coulda failed.

They only came with 2/3 vids and it was wrap.

Obviously them fucking idiots at Radio 1 shoulda supported more aswell.

I'm not even a B fan.

Yeah shes a better entertainer and has a better voice, but definitely definitely not on a different level though in terms of the music she produces.

She letting me down still, I thought she would be 1 of these artists who would be performing in their 50's and shit.

Same.

Currently waiting to see whagwan for Dionne Bromfield. Wanna see her do big things, her mentor was the best British soul/jazz singer this side of the 80s IMO.

Lynden?

Dionne Bromfield ain't reaching them heights don, she will only ever be okay when compared to Amy.

If don't seem to come to her as natural as it did Amy, weird to be talking about her in the past tense even now, fucking shame, tragic life but musically it's a disaster, won't get another real deal like that for atleast another 20 years.

I considered Caron Wheeler, yeah. Lynden was wicked, but Amy was dumb talented. She was mad modest, she probably wouldn't have agreed with that statement either, but I put her before them. She sucked up all of that soul and put it straight back out there.

I would probably say she was the most talented singer of our generation point blank. Definitely the best singer who was born in the 80s IMO.

I'm not even a B fan.

Same.

Lynden?

I considered Caron Wheeler, yeah. Lynden was wicked, but Amy was dumb talented. She was mad modest, she probably wouldn't have agreed with that statement either, but I put her before them. She sucked up all of that soul and put it straight back out there.

I would probably say she was the most talented singer of our generation point blank. Definitely the best singer who was born in the 80s IMO.

LMAO

• Downvote 2

Remind me of Kele Le Roc.

Shoulda blew, I saw her in 1 interview singing country 1 time FACK.

Shoulda branched out not closed herself in.

Black singers should just give up trying to make it in this country, if there good they should automatically go to America imo, even though there will be more competition.

Fundamental is the one that baffles me, I have to just think it was a matter of timing, but remember they had deals...

I saw Estelle's come up, she grinded and trust me it wasnt always sweet. She's talented, but does some odd shit.

I saw SAS' come up, I wont say much cos I got man ready to jump on my d*ck if I do.

Terri Walker won't blow as to blow now will mean in America as I think she going out or married to Ski and I question if he ever wants her to be more than or make her more than a feature artist anyway... Plus Ski and them on the Dame side of The Roc split. Terri Walker is talented I liked her first album.

Rita Ora she living it and not being it, sadly. I'd love to school her but I wont run into her and nobody listens when they being told anyway.

Koke has a dumb buzz, but I worry, cos Roc Nation, he should just rep the Sony side keep it moving and do the UK for now, but then I wonder how far Trident will let him go, then I worry that and especially on here that where he's ringing bells, people will do him like Giggs, where just cos of the hype, you run and say everything he does is seen as a "banger" or a "hit", and once the hype dies, you start to see it for what it really is... Basically his buzz crowd right now flip too much, and once the next new road rapper comes along your switch up. That Giggs thread in the hip hop room never use to leave the top of the first page.

Can't remember who else has been mentioned.

<p>

Remind me of Kele Le Roc.

Shoulda blew, I saw her in 1 interview singing country 1 time FACK.

Shoulda branched out not closed herself in.

Black singers should just give up trying to make it in this country, if there good they should automatically go to America imo, even though there will be more competition.

u say it as if america just wants everyone from the UK.if they dont know u before they will want to see how your OWN countrymen have taken to you...they dont understand the sly racism that exists in the UK industry, so they feel that if you haven't got any known heat in UKwhy should they take that risk when they got their own large pool of talent. there also havent been many comparable UK artists in Rnb anyways.