Why Havent They Blown Yet . . . . . ?

Guest chap44uns

:lol:

I said

Wretch is a massive example of how the indstruy is being turned on its head. Especially in the UK.

Music's coming back.

and you come back with..

Man saying Wretch turned the Uk industry on its head l

So Solid turned the industry on its head

how can anyone ever doubt what So Solid did?

them at the brit awards is still probably >>

and I'm not even from South

why am I even entertaining you

grr

All I know is if you ain't rolling properly with certain gatekeepers in the industry you ain't blowing. Unfortunately proper blowing up (not hood buzz) has alot more to do with who you know than talent or lack of in certain cases.

c/s

Another question is

How many of these hood buzz artists are really eating from the game?

Because in terms of collabos & contacts. These man often front a very big A-list type of barricade a0orund themselves.

You would think they had a few grammys under to there names

The ones that have their business set up right & are doing paid shows will be ok if they stay on their grind but most are hustling backwards imo. I've been guilty of this when I first started getting spins on legal radio. I lost bags coz I was just happy getting paid to perform, sell cd's etc & never registered with prs/mcps/vpl/ppl/vpl etc

Wretch is a massive example of how the indstruy is being turned on its head. Especially in the UK.

Music's coming back.

i reckon it's a sick time for people that want to get involved in management.

Wretchs most popular songs are Tracktor and Dont Go, one includes an indie singer and the other one is some Dance Rap hybrid. A common theme in the Uk industry.

compare Wretch's work to what heads from a similar background are releasing though...

:lol:

I said

Music's coming back.

and you come back with..

Man saying Wretch turned the Uk industry on its head l

So Solid turned the industry on its head

how can anyone ever doubt what So Solid did?

them at the brit awards is still probably >>

and I'm not even from South

why am I even entertaining you

grr

I made numerous responses to your post actually.

How is Wretch an example of the industry turning on its head, look at his two most popular songs and tell me they don't follow a clear formula.

Music's coming back.

Wretchs most popular songs are Tracktor and Dont Go, one includes an indie singer and the other one is some Dance Rap hybrid. A common theme in the Uk industry.

compare Wretch's work to what heads from a similar background are releasing though...

Like who, Tracktor is not far away from the tracks Tinie Tempah are releasing, and 'Don't Go' is similar to what the likes of Professor Gren have been bringing out.

Your just saying this cause Wretch had a reputation as being a lyricist, when his last album doesn't show anything of the sort.

Every song apart from 4 has a singer on it, to me thats obviously done to make the album more accessible to wider audiences, its really nothing new, and when i heard 'Don't Go' i wasn't surprised that it was a hit, cause the likes of Ed Sheeran, Proffesor Green, Maverick Sabre, Example etc are making waves making the same type of music.

• Upvote 2

I mean he built everything he has around him pretty much on his own.

What i mean by industry being turned on its head is that power is shifting.

The things a lot of people on here are complaining about are not as relevant

Don't get it twisted, it's not easy to wake up tomorrow and decide you wanna be rich from music

but you have the power to organise your own shows, hire your own venues, independently distribute your music, etc.

Isn't that what this topic's about?

Music's coming back.

This.

Basically regardless of whether Ny can sing or not, she's just another Beyonce-sounding Mezzo Soprano with a generic image which in this day and age is nothing special, for example people want the Contraltos in the UK especially since amy made it popular again, they are easy to market now.

Why would a label back her when they probably have the equivalent talents in voice, who also have an image and production already there from past endeavours. it's like if she was signed to the same label as Rihanna why would they give her this new song and break their backs running a promotional campaign for her when they could just give it to Rihanna, sit back and count their money?

Essentially labels want people who are easy to market and she isn't so why waste money on her when they probably already have "one they made earlier" on their cards. They want them cheap too, because there is less money in single sales these days, nobody wastes studio money recording b-sides and remixes now, it is all in the touring now.

edit: May I also note that this applies for mcs as well, wretch did the hard work in building an underground following and distinguishing his style, now a label will give him time of day knowing it is cheap and cheerful to package his new breed of music

• Upvote 1

II've never been impressed by Ny's voice but as a total package I always thought she had the best chance of blowing out of the singers that were on the scene.

I used to rate Katie Pearl but haven't heard anything from her recent.

Cleo Soul seems to be building a little buzz but she's wasted doing pop imo, after time to let go she should have positioned herself as the soulful house vocalist of the UK imo.

• Upvote 2