Water Fasting

Yak_Louis

its certainly an OTT fast or diet, especially when the goals of the fast are not going to be universal for everyone.

"Every...religion of any importance appreciates the spiritual value of fasting... For one thing, identification with the starving poor is a meaningless term without the experience behind it. But I quite agree that even an eighty-day fast may fail to rid a person of pride, selfishness, ambition, and the like. Fasting is merely a prop. But as a prop to a tottering structure is of essential value, so is the prop of fasting of inestimable value for a struggling soul." - Gandhi

• Upvote 1

Just broke my fast.

I woke up feeling like I have a hangover. Urine was dark yellow = result!

Almost threw up after drinking my carrot and celery juice but it decided to stay.

Result?

I can honestly say my concentration feels like its shot up by 40%

I felt a lot of improvement mentally which is what I wanted to achieve!

I feel like I want more fresh oxygen!

Feeling a little ill but this is my body adapting to the changes!

Next week I'll be going for 3 days

• Upvote 1

Another thing to add to anyone looking to gain weight. Water fasting is the best thing you are going to do. Stop feeding yourself a lot of food if you have a high metabolism because it can make you age quickly. Slow your metabolism by water fasting. You will gain weight on less food as well.

Another thing to add to anyone looking to gain weight. Water fasting is the best thing you are going to do. Stop feeding yourself a lot of food if you have a high metabolism because it can make you age quickly. Slow your metabolism by water fasting. You will gain weight on less food as well.

oh f*ck off.

i dont mind people starving themselves and being all spiritual and sh*t if thats their thing but dont talk bollocks.

• Upvote 3

How many days did you do in the end? Might try this during Easter holidays. Or do you reckon I'm going OTT with gym + water fasting?

Do the Water Fast for 24 Hours first to experience what you are getting yourself into and to get in touch with what your body is doing. take 2 days off before gym.

Day One = Cleansing The Body

Day Two = Regenerating the body cells with fresh nutrients

It depends why you are trying to water fast.

Do you want to get rid of the chemical made foods that's trapped in your joints, muscle and body fat and gain healthy tissue from eating properly?

Clean the organs to get optimum function of your body from the trapped mucus in the intestines so you can absorb nutrients better?

Or do you just want a clear mind to reduce cravings of smoking and drinking alcohol? Stress? Depression?

The benefits are endless. Its no different to recharging a Battery.

How many days did you do in the end? Might try this during Easter holidays. Or do you reckon I'm going OTT with gym + water fasting?

bruv , your going to starve yourself and bang weights?

just think about it , you'll end up passing the f*ck out and you're prob going to drop something on you that will f*ck you up

in short

stupid idea

Do the Water Fast for 24 Hours first to experience what you are getting yourself into and to get in touch with what your body is doing. take 2 days off before gym.

Day One = Cleansing The Body

Day Two = Regenerating the body cells with fresh nutrients

It depends why you are trying to water fast.

Do you want to get rid of the chemical made foods that's trapped in your joints, muscle and body fat and gain healthy tissue from eating properly?

Clean the organs to get optimum function of your body from the trapped mucus in the intestines so you can absorb nutrients better?

Or do you just want a clear mind to reduce cravings of smoking and drinking alcohol? Stress? Depression?

The benefits are endless. Its no different to recharging a Battery.

The former, recently gave up smoking (few months ago) but I still feel unhealthy, and not in an out of breath kind of way, just on the inside.

bruv , your going to starve yourself and bang weights?

just think about it , you'll end up passing the f*ck out and you're prob going to drop something on you that will f*ck you up

in short stupid idea

Go hard or go home imo.

oh f*ck off.

i dont mind people starving themselves and being all spiritual and sh*t if thats their thing but dont talk bollocks.

qft

Makes no sense

its certainly an OTT fast or diet, especially when the goals of the fast are not going to be universal for everyone.

"Every...religion of any importance appreciates the spiritual value of fasting... For one thing, identification with the starving poor is a meaningless term without the experience behind it. But I quite agree that even an eighty-day fast may fail to rid a person of pride, selfishness, ambition, and the like. Fasting is merely a prop. But as a prop to a tottering structure is of essential value, so is the prop of fasting of inestimable value for a struggling soul." - Gandhi

I accept fasting as a spiritual aspect. I do it too, but you appear to propose it as a form of fitness training when its not.

you don't deny yourself all nutrients as a way to lose weight

and you certainly dont do it while partaking in a full weight training regime as thats just foolish.

when i fasted i ended it at 6pm, and may have gone gym in the morning or afternoon,

but knowing that i will replenish lost energy and nutrients by the evening. However to go 24 hours on just water alone while consuming energy is silly.

I can understand introducing fasting to someone trying to lose weight as a means of showing the person that they can control their bodies and cravings, however i wouldn't expect that to be for a full 24 hours.

yes someone would definitely lose weight if they went up to 40 days water fasting, but the weight gain when they start eating again will be immense.

If you're doing it as a detox for a few days then i understand, its also nothing new and the key to maintaining good weight and a good physique is working out how to ensure that you fuel your body with the right combination of nutrients for 99% of the 365 days of the year. Not how to fast on water fads for a few days just to gain all what you lost back again

• Upvote 1

Sorry for not being politically correct but i ment detoxing. And to be clear do not do the fast whilst on a busy schedule. Plan it out and take it serious. Well I did it for 24 hours and felt benefits. I'm not rushing into it like a madman not knowing what to expect which I've explained earlier if people are bothered to read. I'm not saying do 40 days at all. Im just saying heal the body by detoxing and push yourself to 7 days - 10 days to feel optimum benefits. It is spiritual in a way because you are building a connection to your inner self and understanding how your body REALLY works which most people that eat crap food don't really understand.

I've encouraged someone to detox yesterday and their cigarette craving have gone so I know it's a great thing. Make sure you add sea salt to the mineral water to get most of the minerals from it.

I start my 3 day fast Sunday

• Downvote 1

Started a 3 day water fast today - sunday.

Going to be drinking squash though, water is too bland ;/.

Q. What is the difference between water fasting and juice fasting?

A. During a water fast, only water is consumed. During a juice fast, any variety of fruit and vegetable juices are consumed.

People detoxify and heal more quickly with a water fast than with a juice fast. This is because with a water fast, your digestive passageway and organs are able to rest completely, allowing for all of your energy to be used for cleansing and repair of damaged tissues. With a juice fast or a cleansing diet of fruits and vegetables, your body must use energy to digest nutrients, leaving less available energy for detoxification and healing. When a person's health condition is related to a weak or damaged digestive system, recovery may depend on fully resting the digestive passageway and organs through water fasting.

Another significant difference is that more fat tissue is burned during a water fast, as your body must rely exclusively on fat reserves to supply its energy needs after the first 1-3 days of water fasting. Your body stores the bulk of incoming toxins in your fat reserves. As these reserves are burned for energy during a fast, any stored toxins will be released into your circulation, to be eliminated through various eliminative channels like your urine and respiratory tract. This mechanism of detoxification also occurs with juice fasting, but at a slower pace.

All of this considered, both types of fasting can be used with effectiveness, depending on your circumstances and goals. If your situation and goals include wanting or needing to make significant gains in your health in a short period of time, water fasting may be the best route. If a person has a long history of taking extremely toxic drugs like certain chemotherapeutic agents, an intense period of detoxification through water fasting can cause damage to the kidneys. In this type of circumstance, juice fasting or a simple diet of organic vegetables and fruits may be the best first step to recovery.

Finally, a water fast is most effective when you are able to get a lot of physical and emotional rest. If your life circumstances don't allow this, juice fasting is a better choice.

GOOD LUCK!

• Downvote 1