eBay

EnglishBadboy

i use cardsave to take online and over the phone card payments

had to kiss goodbye to the huge ebay market in the end

f*ck them and f*ck ebay customers, bunch of cheap bastards in general

i would actually gladly strangle any ebay and paypal customer service c*nt to death

how did you market ur service after ebay?

social media?

gotta use ebay to direct traffic to Your own sites, advertise Your site in the listings, and send them links to Your site with cheaper prices if they buy on ebay. 

also, amazon You can sell more stuff on than before, and use multiple payment options. would list on ebay, with a link to the amazon listing, and a cheaper price on amazon. 

cosign fuck paypal and their staff. only reason they get away with it is because they're not a bank. 

the thing is they get sued constantly for loss of earnings by loads of people, but still a minority and not enough is known about it, and Your average seller can't afford the hassle of taking a website to court. 

gotta use ebay to direct traffic to Your own sites, advertise Your site in the listings, and send them links to Your site with cheaper prices if they buy on ebay. 

also, amazon You can sell more stuff on than before, and use multiple payment options. would list on ebay, with a link to the amazon listing, and a cheaper price on amazon. 

cosign f*ck paypal and their staff. only reason they get away with it is because they're not a bank. 

the thing is they get sued constantly for loss of earnings by loads of people, but still a minority and not enough is known about it, and Your average seller can't afford the hassle of taking a website to court. 

and you really think ebay are gonna allow dat yh

Use ebay classified ads over ebay listings. means You're in no way contracted to the buyer, and the rules are completely different. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Range-Rover-4-0-auto-V8-SE-5DR-/121238407566?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c3a5f498e - website in his listing, calm. 

/

When I buy on ebay, I get an email from the seller most times with the link to their own site to buy next time which is what I meant by my second point. 

but if You do want to use Buy it Now, it's always a gamble, but:

Smart sellers have a company logo on ebay which includes their website, ebay won't remove these unless You specifically say You're directing traffic that way. 

You have to find a way that will cause ebay users to pretty much not snitch on You. 

ebay don't look at every listing, remember. 

edit - can I also add, instead of a gmail, etc email address, have an email address at Your own site, so buyers can see Your own website address in the email address contact field on the listing. 

• Upvote 1

Use ebay classified ads over ebay listings. means You're in no way contracted to the buyer, and the rules are completely different. 

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Land-Rover-Range-Rover-4-0-auto-V8-SE-5DR-/121238407566?pt=Automobiles_UK&hash=item1c3a5f498e - website in his listing, calm. 

/

When I buy on ebay, I get an email from the seller most times with the link to their own site to buy next time which is what I meant by my second point. 

but if You do want to use Buy it Now, it's always a gamble, but:

Smart sellers have a company logo on ebay which includes their website, ebay won't remove these unless You specifically say You're directing traffic that way. 

You have to find a way that will cause ebay users to pretty much not snitch on You. 

ebay don't look at every listing, remember. 

edit - can I also add, instead of a gmail, etc email address, have an email address at Your own site, so buyers can see Your own website address in the email address contact field on the listing. 

personally if i buy the ting off u on ebay when i rebuy its gonna be on ebay aswell

and

realistically ur website price is always gonna be higher than whats on ebay if not the same

getting fresh leads/buyers without ebay = to what u get with ebay is the hardest thing thats why they can change the rules every time

cunts

If these new up and coming entrepreneurs/businesses actually took time to build a brand rather than thinking its just marketing they would be making a killing

Looking to start something by the end of summer

Had some ideas, just not the time, but this year is the year

Cant live in London and not be getting a slice of this big cake

Too much money out there

price on Your site will be cheaper because You don't pay ebay or paypal fees on Your own website

You still pay fees to your merchant and your ecommerce host.

/

an average ebay user experience is to click 'lowest first' before they even look at anything

<<<<competition on ebay

:lol:^

If these new up and coming entrepreneurs/businesses actually took time to build a brand rather than thinking its just marketing they would be making a killing

Looking to start something by the end of summer

Had some ideas, just not the time, but this year is the year

Cant live in London and not be getting a slice of this big cake

Too much money out there

c/s

Just received my logo designs from my designer yesterday, so exciting.

Going to get the brand colours, identity done now, then have my site up etc.

Then I'll consider how I actually get these things to sell

cosign f*ck paypal and their staff. only reason they get away with it is because they're not a bank. 

and you really think ebay are gonna allow dat yh

ebay has good word analytics

slight wording like that and your listing will be removed... with possible account suspenction

MC130/MC133

glad it's only the tr0lls disagreeing with me, peace of mind to know I'm right

Bane and Captain Planet, the difference is whether man are trying to build a lasting business or just make the quickest buck possible. Glad You man see it the right way. 

Seven - ebay fees and paypal fees cost You way more than the price of using a credit card terminal on Your website and hosting Your website.

Yes, man are gonna pick lowest first. If You're selling on ebay and You can't sell at the same price as lowest first, You need to GTFOH, what are You doing?

if You look on ebay and see a whole sheet of listings for the same item, how is it smart to also buy the same item and list on ebay at a higher price? You buy something else. You have no business brain. 

90210, I just told You how to advertise Your site in a listing and posted an ebay listing containing the user's own website. what more do You want? 

Make sure You man pay for that padlock ting on Your sites. 

u can't list fuck all on classified listings, ur limited to cars, property, holiday accommodation and work tools

u can't advertise your website on standard listings, in ebay messages or in any clever way cos ull eventually get clocked

the only way to direct em to ur website is after the sale like u said

but for the vast majority of products the customer is gona stick to ebay for the deals, price comparison, customer protection, general easiness etc

it doesn't matter how you're branding yourself when you're selling homogenous products

setting up a professional website takes time and a large chunk of money, and so can setting up a merchant account, not to mention the blag of marketing your brand

ebay n paypal fees are only gona exceed the cost of all that if you're moving numbers

n by then ur sucked into the ebay game, you're making ur way up the ranks n you'd rather carry on smashing the positive feedback than save 5% on ur price

u can easily sell the same item on ebay as others for double the price, depends on how you market it, ur the 1 without the business brain by the sounds of it bra

I used to flog certain size tablet cases, the market was absolutely flooded, but rather than call them 9.7 inch tablet case n sell them for £4, i'd make several listings for different tablet, ie "android nojo 456 tablet case" etc, as if they're specifically designed for that tablet, sell them for £12 n they'd fly out

it all depends on what you're selling, there aint a one size fits all, obviously if you've got a niche on your hands then your in for an easier ride, but doesn;t mean you can't sell mass market bollocks n still succeed

And which items are You limited to in the "work tools" category? Coz I could market anything as a work tool.

And. So what if You "eventually" get clocked, which may or may not happen depending on poor tactics? You've advertised Your site to all those customers who are hopefully using it. Onto the next ebay account.

I've seen man do that same thing with SD cards "SD card for Panasonic camera", "SD card for Canon camera", fair plays the dumb customers are dumb, but You're not the only man doing it, people will still buy cheaper.

Ebay and paypal fees are charged on every item You sell, so every item You sell on ebay is selling for less gain to You than it would on Your own site. Every business has start up costs, You're comparing startup costs to receiving less money for Your sales. You will always make less selling on ebay, and if Your business is sustainable, You will forget Your startup costs.

A web design book and You designing the site Yourself is always best, web designers try to keep it ongoing rather than making the site and giving it to You, and You know what You want in Your site.

You're not "sucked into the game". Good feedback means trust, which means they will trust You on Your own site. No reason why Your ebay and Your own site can't both run. Fucking Argos do it.

Send a professional looking business card with each ebay order, with Your web address on it.