Official Completed deals thread

Admin.

Guest Bret Hart

Lyon have signed Internazionale defender Fabio Grosso.Grosso has signed a four-year deal at Stade Gerland after passing a medical and agreeing personal terms.The Italian international, who scored the decisive penalty in last summer's World Cup final, will help fill the void left by the departure of Eric Abidal to Barcelona.Grosso could link up down the left of Lyon's team next season with Hatem Ben Arfa after Lyon coach Alain Perrin revealed he is ready to give the youngster a chance to shine next season.Ben Arfa looks set for more first team opportunities with wantaway midfielder Florent Malouda expected to clinch a move to Chelsea.Perrin is a big admirer of Ben Arfa and he has promised to give him a chance to stake his claim for a regular place in the side."I want to give playing time to Hatem Ben Arfa. He has talent," said Perrin."Has he got the maturity to establish himself? We are going to see about that in the first month or two months of the season."Meanwhile, Juninho has decided to give up the Lyon captaincy for the forthcoming season.The Brazilian endured a difficult end to last season and he was criticised by team-mate Sidney Govou.Juninho has now decided to give up the armband with compatriot Cris tipped to take over the role of captain."We had a meeting on Friday, and I used it to tell my decision," said Juninho."Even if the coach still wants to talk about it, I don't want to change my decision."I wish good luck to the one who will wear the armband."I have been a little tired with the end of last season's stories, even if I don't want to talk about it again, the stories Sidney stated."Now I will be able to focus much more on myself." Palermo have signed Fabrizio Miccoli from Juventus but David Di Michele has left for Torino.Di Michele was a regular starter for Palermo last season and netted seven goals in Serie A, but he has decided to move on for a fresh challenge.Parma were linked with Di Michele but it is Torino who have clinched a deal, tying the veteran striker to a three-year deal.Palermo president Maurizio Zamparini allowed Di Michele to leave after lining up Miccoli as his replacement.Miccoli, who has spent the last two seasons on loan from Juventus at Benfica, has now completed his move to La Favorita.Miccoli has signed a three-year deal with Palermo, after a fee of ã3million was agreed with Juventus."I'm really happy. Finally after two important seasons for my career, I am coming back to Italy and going to a big side," he told Palermo's official website."I thank Maurizio Zamparini and sporting director Rino Foschi for the faith they have shown me."Juventus boss Claudio Ranieri may be happy for Miccoli to exit but he has underlined his desire to keep Pavel Nedved and Mauro German Camoranesi.There has been speculation that Nedved is considering retirement, while Camoranesi has yet to put pen-to-paper on a contract extension."They are two champions and I hope to have them at my disposal, because Juve want to have all of their champions," Ranieri told Rai TV.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ljunberg to West Ham West Ham have confirmed the signing of Freddie Ljungberg from Arsenal.The 30-year-old has completed his move to Upton Park after agreeing personal terms and passing a medical.West Ham have signed Ljungberg in a deal that could rise to ã3million.The move ends a nine-year spell at Arsenal for Ljungberg who joined the club from Halmstads in 1998.The Swedish international struggled with injuries last season and Arsenal have decided to let him move on as he could not be guaranteed a regular spot in Arsene Wenger's side.Ljungberg becomes West Ham's fifth new signing of the summer and he will help bolster Alan Curbishley's midfield options following the injury to Julien Faubert and the departure of Yossi Benayoun to Liverpool.Ljungberg is relishing the challenge of playing for West Ham and he revealed the ambition of chairman Eggert Magnusson played a big part in his decision to move to Upton Park."I'm coming here because I want to build a great team," said Ljungberg. "And why I want to join is because of Magnusson. He wants to bring them forward to be top of the country."He's willing to go to the transfer market to buy top players and mix them with youth players. West Ham have a great academy."He wants to help take the club up and take them to the top in England. It's a big challenge for me."Hammers boss Alan Curbishley was delighted to land Ljungberg and believes he will prove a valuable addition to his squad. "We spoke to Freddie over the last week and we tried to sell him the club and what we're about," Curbishley said."He's seen players come in and push us forward."He brings a few things, Champions League experience, captain of Sweden, he's versatile."There's a hunger there. He wants to come and push West Ham on and be partly responsible for that."He's joining another terrific club and that's the way he's got to see it."He understands the passion of the club and the passion of the fans and I'm sure he'll be a big hit here."

• 2 weeks later...

emerse fae 2 reading

Reading have signed Emerse Fae from French side Nantes for a fee reported to be in the region of ã2.5m. The Ivory Coast international, 23, midfielder has signed a three-year contract with the option of a fourth and will wear the number 10 shirt. "Reading have been following me for a long time. I was interested as soon as I heard that they wanted me," said Fae. Royals director of football Nick Hammond said: "We have tracked Emerse for a considerable period of time." Fae, whose fee could rise dependent on appearances, becomes Reading's second signing of the summer after Kalifa Cisse joined from Boavista. And Hammond added: "We feel that the deal we have agreed with Nantes represents very good value, especially in the current market place. "He loves to break forward and drive with the ball, and will offer something a little different to the other midfielders within our squad." Chairman John Madejski added: "This is a very important signing. He joins us at a very exciting time as we prepare for our second season in the Premier League, and we are confident that he will prove to be a very good signing. "We have been focused and selective with our transfer activities this summer and Emerse is a player we have been interested in for a long time, so it is very rewarding that our patience has borne fruit." Fae, who made more than 100 appearances for Nantes, is excited by his new challenge in the Premier League. "I've been waiting for this moment for a long time and now that it's done I'm very happy," added Fae. "Reading have been following me for a long time and I was interested as soon as I heard that they wanted me. "I want to play here and win games in this magnificent stadium and I'm happy to work with Steve Coppell, he is a good manager."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ing/6928504.stm

Daniel Braaten 2 bolton

Bolton boss Sammy Lee has added winger Daniel Braaten from Rosenborg to his list of summer signings, subject to international clearance. The 25-year-old Norwegian international has penned a three-year contract after arriving for an undisclosed fee. "Daniel is another quality signing," Lee told his club's website. "I am delighted he has chosen Bolton ahead of other clubs." "He is a powerful winger who can play on both flanks." He added: "Daniel is very direct and likes to take on defenders. "He will complement the squad and provide excellent service to the forward line."
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/6929297.stm