" i absolutly love arsenal but tottenham will have to do for now untill i impress arsene "

Guest TulseHill8T8

Guest TulseHill8T8
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...amp;ito=newsnowThe Frenchman who is set to be Tottenham's first summer signing has admitted that bitter rivals Arsenal are his dream team. Younes Kaboul, a centre back who is captain of France's Under-21s, will move to White Hart Lane from Auxerre within the next few days for about ã8million.He will provide increased competition to a backline that eventually cracked under the weight of Spurs' combined UEFA Cup and FA Cup challenge last season, but the 21-year-old may regret a comment he made in an interview last summer. Asked who were the club of his dreams, Kaboul said "Arsenal". Gunners fans will also be keen to wind up their neighbours with what the Frenchman said when it became clear he had emerged as a leading target for Europe's elite."I am young and ambitious," said Kaboul. "I want to play for another club. But my eyes aren't bigger than my belly, I don't want to join too big a club."Yet for all the mickey-taking, Spurs will consider the capture of Kaboul a coup.They have beaten a string of top European clubs to sign a defender, who claimed that Arsenal, Chelsea and Valencia all enquired about him last summer.Kaboul, who is just about to complete his third season as a first-team regular, is the latest in the long conveyor belt of talent produced by Auxerre that includes Eric Cantona, Djibril Cisse, Abou Diaby, Philippe Mexes and Jean-Alain Boumsong.The youth-team graduate joined the French side as a 14-year-old and was handed his first-team debut at 17 by the club's legendary former coach Guy Roux.Leading Premiership clubs began to take notice of 6ft 3in Kaboul's assured performances at centre-half last season, which, coupled with his goal threat from set-pieces, made him an attractive proposition.Former Spurs manager Jacques Santini also played a pivotal role in Kaboul's development before the ex-France boss was sacked by Auxerre last summer and replaced by current coach Jean Fernandez, who is a big admirer of the young defender.He said: "It was inevitable he would move on and the best place for him is England, where he could make a huge impact."He has the potential to become a real star. People say he is only 21, but they should realise he has been considered a first-team player here since he was 17."Kaboul said last night that he was ready to make the leap into a foreign league."I have reached an age where I want to progress and see something else. I want a change," he told French radio. "The English championship really interests me. I want to play in this league."Tottenham are a very good club, who want to do something. Nothing has been done yet but we are talking about a contract for four or five years."Kaboul, who is of Moroccan descent, could have played for France or Morocco at international level. He was born in the small town of Saint-Julien-en-Genevois in the French Alps but his parents hail from Casablanca."I go back there each year," he said. "All my family live over there besides my parents so it is necessary that I get to know the area."I follow the matches of the Moroccan national team but everyone knows the difference between Morocco and France in the level of their play."Also, I was contacted first by France. Therefore, for all of that, I chose France."Kaboul, who names Rio Ferdinand as his role model, is considered an imposing centre-half who is strong in the air and smooth on the deck.He is sure to get plenty of chances at White Hart Lane next season, even though he effectively joins Spurs as their fourth senior centre half behind Ledley King, Michael Dawson and Ricardo Rocha.Manager Martin Jol will not need reminding of King's recent injury record or how Spurs' twin assaults on the UEFA Cup and FA Cup last season came to a halt as their squad failed to cope with a torrent of fixtures.The Dutchman was even forced to use full-backs Pascal Chimbonda and Paul Stalteri as emergency centrehalves and, with another elongated UEFA campaign on the horizon after Spurs finished fifth in last season's Premiership, Jol will be delighted to have bolstered his resources.

They have beaten a string of top European clubs to sign a defender
This is what I mean!! Almost every time spurs sign a player it seems as if they have "beaten" top European clubs to the signature, almost always including Arsenal *sigh*

Thats such a nonsense comment.I swear Dennis Bergkamp joined us before Wenger or Henry...
David Dein was paying him the sort of money back then that Premiership players are getting paid now. Dennis Bergkamp is the reason players in the italian like joke about coming to the Premiership to earn their pension