★★★ Floyd Mayweather vs Manny Pacquiao ★★★

PacMan

MAYWEATHER PUSSYING OUT SAYING HE DONT WANNA FIGHT PAC FOR ANOTHER 2 YEARS

Did Manny Pacquiao award send Floyd Mayweather over the edge ? By Gareth A Davies Boxing and MMA Last updated: June 6th, 2010Comment on this Comment on this articleThe Mayweather Files continue.Was it an off-the-cuff remark from Floyd Mayweather Jr that he is taking two years off, or was it simply a protest at Manny Pacquiao’s award of Fighter of the Decade from the Boxing Writers Association of America on Friday in New York ?Equally, it could be a ruse from Mayweather in the stakes for a negotiation ahead of the proposed showdown between Congressman Pacquiao and ‘Money’ Mayweather. Either way, Mayweather’s intriguing signals in his fight with Pacquiao continue to draw the headlines.Mayweather has insisted he wants Pacquiao to take drug tests in the lead-up to their fight. The respective promoters are currently settling those terms.I tend to agree with Bob Arum on this one. The promoter of Filipino boxing whirlwind Pacquiao does not believe the undefeated American is planning to go into retirement again.I spoke to Arum last week, and he insisted that he was gagged on talking about the scene-shifting going on behind the scenes in the Pacquiao-Mayweather talks at present – as indeed Richard Schaefer of Golden Boy is – as they go ahead and try to nail down all aspects of the fight for November 13.Arum said he is not taking the reports seriously since most people believe Mayweather “was just babbling.”“I can’t say anything about the fight other than we are trying to put it all in place,” said Arum.Mayweather’s admission from Las Vegas came in a video posted on YouTube that he would be taking a two-year break from boxing. “I’m taking a couple years off… away from the sport of boxing. I want to devote my time to my boxing gym,” he said.Mayweather has retired before, of course. He ‘retired’ after fighting Oscar De La Hoya; he went into ‘retirement’ after defeating British Ricky Hatton in 2007, only to return to defeat Mexican Juan Manuel Marquez in September 2009.Last month, he was brilliant in beating Shane Mosley, in a contest which may have earned him in the region of $40 million. My view is that he is just playing hard to get, as he will have to be ‘tempted’ out of retirement to fight against Pacquiao, in a contest that is estimated already to be capable of grossing around $200 million.For his part, Mayweather could earn over $50 million with the meeting of the best two fighters from the last four years in boxing likely to break television pay per view records of 2.25 million buys set when Mayweather fought Oscar De La Hoya in May 2007.

• 1 month later...

Seriously pissed off with this sh*t.Arum is a lying prick, man set a deadline for a response and then admitted yesterday he's never spoken with Mayweather or anyone from Golden Boy about this fight.He also wouldn't disclose any of the details of this 'contract' but Mayweather's uncle Jeff said that it was the same offer from January.He then got asked about Pacquiao fighting Bradley or Williams and dismissed them both as non options seen as their promoters haven't done enough to make them known to the public ( I wonder why he wasn't so bothered about a high public profile when Pac faced Clottey?)He then goes on to say that Pac has a choice who he can fight next...out of Margarito and Cotto. What a f*ck*ng joke, Cotto already got battered by Pac and Margarito should be the last in line to get a shot at a title.The best thing that could happen is that Pac leaves Arum and promotes himself cos it's clear Arum puts his own agenda before anyone's.

Arum negotiated through Al Haymon who is Mayweather's manager. GBP was used as a mediator last time and they spoke as much sh*t along with Pac's team to the media. This time they used HBO's big wig Ross Greenburg as the middleman.The deadline was put out as a date before any team could go and negotiate a fight with any other fighter. If Mayweather came out today and say "Yes I will fight" then the fight will be made. Arum just wants max time to promote a fight.I don't see why the contract should be any different to where they left off. Pac had agreed to the last contract that Mayweather wanted with his terms so there is no reason to why this fight should not happen.Regarding fighting Marg or Cotto this just shows Arum's greed. I would like Pac to fight someone like Berto or Williams @ 147. Martinez is far to big for him @ 154. If he fights Cotto @ 154 its just so he can become a 8 weight champion. Bradley doesn't come in the picture tbh. There are big fights @ 140 and he should be pushing to fight them and clear up that div.What are your views on Mayweather wanting to be a "family man" and not wanting to fight this year? This is what he said as statement regarding him not fighting Pac. I personally think this is a smoke screen for Roger's up and coming court case. I think they are worried that there is a 50/50 chance that he may have to serve some sort of sentence. If it was any other fight I think he would of used his dad as stand in trainer but he doesn't want to take any risk with Pac. And I would fully back this if this is the real reason to why he doesn't want to fight this year.

Arum negotiated through Al Haymon who is Mayweather's manager. GBP was used as a mediator last time and they spoke as much sh*t along with Pac's team to the media. This time they used HBO's big wig Ross Greenburg as the middleman.The deadline was put out as a date before any team could go and negotiate a fight with any other fighter. If Mayweather came out today and say "Yes I will fight" then the fight will be made. Arum just wants max time to promote a fight.I don't see why the contract should be any different to where they left off. Pac had agreed to the last contract that Mayweather wanted with his terms so there is no reason to why this fight should not happen.Regarding fighting Marg or Cotto this just shows Arum's greed. I would like Pac to fight someone like Berto or Williams @ 147. Martinez is far to big for him @ 154. If he fights Cotto @ 154 its just so he can become a 8 weight champion. Bradley doesn't come in the picture tbh. There are big fights @ 140 and he should be pushing to fight them and clear up that div.What are your views on Mayweather wanting to be a "family man" and not wanting to fight this year? This is what he said as statement regarding him not fighting Pac. I personally think this is a smoke screen for Roger's up and coming court case. I think they are worried that there is a 50/50 chance that he may have to serve some sort of sentence. If it was any other fight I think he would of used his dad as stand in trainer but he doesn't want to take any risk with Pac. And I would fully back this if this is the real reason to why he doesn't want to fight this year.
I was half way through writing my piece and then realised you'd said most of it lolI dont think this fight will happen this year and its a massive shame, I do think they should go outisde top rank and let Manny fight Williams but no way Arums gonna do that (Dan Goossen is apparently pushing this match up hard though, but thats obviously to even get himself a nice pay day).

http://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/FloydMayweather?ref=ts/Shud spam his wallFraud Floyd Sheweather again ducked p4p king manny pacquiao!!Fraud Floyd Sheweather again ducked p4p king manny pacquiao!!Fraud Floyd Sheweather again ducked p4p king manny pacquiao!!Fraud Floyd Sheweather again ducked p4p king manny pacquiao!!Fraud Floyd Sheweather again ducked p4p king manny pacquiao!!Fraud Floyd Sheweather again ducked p4p king manny pacquiao!!Fraud Floyd Sheweather again ducked p4p king manny pacquiao!!Fraud Floyd Sheweather again ducked p4p king manny pacquiao
  • Downvote 2

boxing needs this.. looking at the boxing calender- there are no fights to look forward to (apart from the super 6)
Theres a couple decent bouts coming up mate, but agreed there are no 'super fights'..Mora is fighting July 23Gamboa is fighting July 24Danny jacobs v Piroh July 31JMM v Diaz July 31then next month theres Alexander, Cloud and Adamek fighting.

Nonoy Neri, an assistant trainer to WBO welterweight champion Manny Pacquiao, said Manny is "90%" certain that his next fight will be staged in Abu Dhabi on November 13. He said Pacquiao likes the idea of fighting there because of the large Filipino community in the area.The opponent is likely going to be Antonio Margarito says Neri. The other option would be a rematch with Miguel Cotto. Pacquiao stopped Cotto in the twelfth round last November to capture the WBO welterweight crown. Cotto is now the WBA champion at 154-pounds. If the Margarito deal gets closed, the vacant WBC 154-pound title is going to be at stake. Pacquiao will begin training in Manila in August."It's not a closed deal but its 90% because Manny wants it over in Abu Dhabi. It's more likely to be Margarito and not Cotto, but it depends on the negotiations," Neri told Gulf News.

Mayweather: "I'm not interested in rushing to do anything," Mayweather Jr told the Associated Press on July 18 in Miami, where he was coaching a charity basketball game."I'm not really thinking about boxing right now."I'm just relaxing. I fought about 60 days ago, so I'm just enjoying myself, enjoying life, enjoying my family and enjoying my vacation."

The good thing about Bob Arum is, he's 79 years old...
He's been grooming that other lad though for once hes gone, I forget his name - its his step son or something, he's the one whos been going for all these stadium fights and trying to turn them in to nightclubs and sh*t to take away from the snooze fest of recent Top Rank undercards/main events that have been getting shoved down peoples throats as being something great.

Some post I found on ESB. It's hard to disagree with.

"Pretty Boy" Floyd is very smart. He took himself from a nobody cares about him but fight junkies champion, to a cross over star. He didn't do it the old fashion way, with scintillating performances, or anything close to all time material. He did it by making himself a "bad guy" or a "villain", he knew that no one was going to buy him as a nice guy or "Oscaresque" and he adapted. Good for him. He is more wealthy and popular because of his strategy change.This doesn't mean that he should be excused for all of the bullshit he frequently spews almost constantly. Does he really think that being on vacation is a valid excuse for bitching out of the biggest fight in boxing? It's not like he has to fight him a month later, or two (like SRR, someone Floyd claims is inferior to him!!)I know that some people think it's fine, but it isn't. Look at PBF and his last fight. Telling everyone that he tried to fight Mosley a long time ago (when Shane actually was young and vibrant). Well that's bullshit. PBF was on ESPN telling everyone that Mosley was a bitch for going on vacation and not fighting him instead. WHAT? You all know he said that too. This is just another example of hypocritical Pretty Boy trying to play everyone. He ain't playing me. Just as RA the RUGGED MAN said, "You sound confused Floyd"! I mean its now ok to take a vacation instead of fighting? I guess PBF thinks we forgot or something. This sounds just like the time where he would tell everyone that he wanted to fight Kosta (however you spell it). He said something like, "to be the best you have to fight the best and win", but then instead of fighting him, he fights NDou, Mitchell, and Corley, or whoever hell. Why wasn't he the first one that fought Kosta? He is way bigger than Hatton(in terms of status) he could have gotten the fight if he wanted. He didn't want to fight him! All in all, the same old, same old Floyd. Say something, then do another and say that your the best of all time too! Yeah, right. There is a kid at my gym that told me seriously that Money was the greatest fighter to ever live!!!! He knows how to fight and is a smart kid too. I almost fell over! Floyd is a hustla, don't let him hustle you into thinking that he is going to get into the ring with Manny, when Manny is so hot and streaking. He will not (at this moment). He will wait like a snake in the bushes until Manny isn't as focused or sharp and then fight him. Just like he did with Mosley. Just like SRL did with Hagler. Yeah like that was honorable.