bugs in flour....

Lenny The Tramp

Guest haze-e

The bugs in flour and other grains, such as grits and rice, come from storage before packaging or using organic foods. Organic foods have more bugs.

Prior to packaging, grains are stored in silos where they are fumigated with methylene chloride. This kills the live bugs, but not the eggs.

After the grains get packaged, they go to a warehouse and then the market.

Bugs have prime opportunities to enter the grain packages, even if they are sealed with plastic.

The best thing to do when you buy grains is to put them in the freezer. The eggs will still be there, but they won't hatch due to the temperature.

WTF????!!!?!?!?!

Nah fum.

Im not even on eating any grain based foods again.

Im turning into a backwards-vegan.

talking sh*t

our flours are in the cupboard DIRECTLY above the kettle and i use self-raising and original pretty regularly and we have NEVER seen weevils in our flour. Like saying, "yeah, we get cockroaches in our cornflakes but it's not because we live in squalor"

from when a woman cannot keep the kitchen you know the end is nigh

I remember buying some potatoes once, opened the packet when i got home to use them and there were loads of holes in them from where weevils had burrowed through, ever since then i am super paranoid about any fruit of vegetables i buy and always inspect them really closely before i use them.

I had no idea they were in flour aswell though