Random deep questions...

Elementalism

everything living is conscious imo

we got to far away from our natural roots, its easy to forget how nature works when you surrounded by grey buildings and colourful baubles 24/7 365

Fully co-sign.

Everything is conscious, there is just degrees of consciousness. Everything with energy is, on some level, conscious. Perhaps only for a fleeting moment...but the beautiful thing about our world is that even dead things can provide energy for new life.

@Bespin - when you cut yourself, are you aware of the healing process? Do you send the white blood cells out to fight your infections consciously, do you consciously coagulate? Blad, admit it, you don't even consciously breathe.

Think about it this way. What do humans REALLY do in their lives? Imagine Earth was an ant farm that an intelligent mind could peek into and comprehend fully...some super Big Brother/Matrix scenario.

We spend our times in various buildings doing mundane necessary thing (eating, shitting, sleeping), have sex to procreate and for fun, we damage ourselves and our environment (semi-consciously), then we die.

How are we different from a cancer? They replicate until they kill off their host and then they die with it. I will be extending this cancer analogy too..How are we different from a sperm? Sure there task is mundane and seemingly unintelligent, but so are most of our lives.

Can you imagine when there are 20 billion humans on the earth?

• Upvote 2

I watched a documentary about the events before the big bang. Some Indian physicist managed to work out what happened right back to 0.0000000000000000000000000001 seconds after the big bang and anything before then don't make sense in quantum physics law. Another physicist claimed that it was the result of colliding parallel universes within a membrane that created ours and another physicist claimed that our universe has been expanding and shrinking like a balloon for eternity.

what does the voice in the head of deaf people sound like?

what do blind people dream of?

1. There is no voice, their thought process is different, being hearing impaired from birth has developmental effects on mental growth.

2. They have auditory/sense dreams, their dreams are based around what their waking life is like, they smell, touch, hear..thatis it, your brain requires visual stimulus to form and devlop the areas that devlop mental vision, think of it like your body needing food in order to grow.

• Upvote 2

apple_rainbow_logo.jpeg

nah seriously why does the apple have a bite on it

the apple they found with one bite, next to Alan Turings body, who died of cyanide poisoning. They never checked to see if the apple was laced with cyanide.

Turing was in turn probably inspired by the poisoned apple in snow white and the seven dwarves

we got to far away from our natural roots, its easy to forget how nature works when you surrounded by grey buildings and colourful baubles 24/7 365

Fully co-sign.

Everything is conscious, there is just degrees of consciousness. Everything with energy is, on some level, conscious. Perhaps only for a fleeting moment...but the beautiful thing about our world is that even dead things can provide energy for new life.

@Bespin - when you cut yourself, are you aware of the healing process? Do you send the white blood cells out to fight your infections consciously, do you consciously coagulate? Blad, admit it, you don't even consciously breathe.

Think about it this way. What do humans REALLY do in their lives? Imagine Earth was an ant farm that an intelligent mind could peek into and comprehend fully...some super Big Brother/Matrix scenario.

We spend our times in various buildings doing mundane necessary thing (eating, shitting, sleeping), have sex to procreate and for fun, we damage ourselves and our environment (semi-consciously), then we die.

How are we different from a cancer? They replicate until they kill off their host and then they die with it. I will be extending this cancer analogy too..How are we different from a sperm? Sure there task is mundane and seemingly unintelligent, but so are most of our lives.

Firstly I get the feeling you don't really know what consciousness means

Plants and shit aren't concious, they live and exist, then they die, they're not aware. Animals change their behavioural patterns to suit their environs but that's evolution for you, and a whole other thing that certain people will try and deny but is quite blatently fact

Yes- humans are like a big bacteria on earth that just devour every resource in sight until there's nothing left/ alternate resources have been invented

At one point in time nothing you see where you live or in your area or where you went on holiday will exist, it will all be gone, so what IS the point?

Guest phonecharger

apple_rainbow_logo.jpeg

nah seriously why does the apple have a bite on it

the apple they found with one bite, next to Alan Turings body, who died of cyanide poisoning. They never checked to see if the apple was laced with cyanide.

Turing was in turn probably inspired by the poisoned apple in snow white and the seven dwarves

Instead, designer Rob Janoff came up with the famous stylised apple, now replaced by a monochrome version. The bite out of the apple has variously been interpreted as a play on "byte", or a reference to Adam and Eve.
  • Downvote 1

Fully co-sign.

Plants and shit aren't concious, they live and exist, then they die, they're not aware. Animals change their behavioural patterns to suit their environs but that's evolution for you, and a whole other thing that certain people will try and deny but is quite blatently fact

Yes- humans are like a big bacteria on earth that just devour every resource in sight until there's nothing left/ alternate resources have been invented

At one point in time nothing you see where you live or in your area or where you went on holiday will exist, it will all be gone, so what IS the point?

Bro, I am 100% more intelligent than you, don't even try it.

About I don't know what consciousness is. I'm a big man and I know myself.

YOU clearly misunderstand consciousness.

Fully co-sign.

Bro, I am 100% more intelligent than you, don't even try it.

About I don't know what consciousness is. I'm a big man and I know myself.

YOU clearly misunderstand consciousness.

You like to think you're some big intellectual coming on here swinging your bollocks, but in actual fact you're just as clueless as anyone who pretends to know what they're talking about

Just cuz you got high and thought 'hey energy has conciousness', like are you even reading what you're writing?

You might be a 'big man' and you might 'know yourself', but it doesn't make what you've said in this thread any less misguided and frankly ridiculous

If you wanna tell me why you think what you think then please go ahead, but don't roll up and claim you're '100% more intelligent than (me)' and not explain your clearly insane ideas, especially when most people here probably agree with me, and they all think I'm a c*nt anyway

• Upvote 2

@ Esqui/Bespin

Misguided to whom? Yeah I got high one day and had a deluded, 'insane' opinion pop into my head. Of course it was that simple. Hang tight you for noticing the 'zoned' tag and making some sweet anti-banter statement, you complete asshat. :lol:

I think the better part of you rolled into your mum's arsecrack. You were the first person to assume a higher intellect with your dumb little attempt at making out like I don't understand consciousness. Travel back in time and suck your self back out your mother's lovebox. :rip:

I make no attempt to seperate consciousness from awareness, from intelligence, from 'being' and 'knowing' because I am not into semantics - most people know what I mean when I say it. Consciousness is a result of the self-organization of cells. Self being the operating word. I know myself, I know what I am in relation to what I am not. As I said before, I believe there are levels of consciousness. If you want to check out some scientific articles on my 'insane' theories, I will gladly help point you in the right direction.

You and I both know what consciousness means, because you and I have experienced our own consciousness. Don't play dumb. Defining words is one of the hardest things to do, as words only exist in relation to the things that they describe. You may not know what the Chinese term for 'sky' is, and a Chinese farmer may not understand what 'sky' is if you said it, but I can guarantee if you pointed at it and said the word enough he would finally make the connection.

What do you know about quantum physics brah? What do you know about the double slit experiment brah? What do you know about linguistic theory, brah?

I asked the question 'Is sperm conscious?'. I did not say 'SPERM IS CONSCIOUS OMFG PEOPLE YOU HAVE TO STOP WANKING RIGHT THIS SECOND AND GO WRITE 20 POSTS IN THE '3 MONTHS NO ZORN' TOPIC'.

How was that insane? ^)

Lemme break you down

1. The fact that you weren't high when you made those silly comments is actually worse, you were of sound mind and still made yourself look a d*ck

2. I don't care if you don't want to talk about semantics. You asked the question do sperm have consciousness, and I answered it no, categorically, because that's the truth. You can go on and on about different levels of consciousness or whatever, but a living cell does not have what would generally be accepted and regarded as consciousness, end of story.

3. You may think yourself as an intellectual of sorts but your jokes are Sahara-dry, so I'd knock that one on the head if I was you, it embarrasses us all

Lemme break you down

1. The fact that you weren't high when you made those silly comments is actually worse, you were of sound mind and still made yourself look a d*ck

2. I don't care if you don't want to talk about semantics. You asked the question do sperm have consciousness, and I answered it no, categorically, because that's the truth. You can go on and on about different levels of consciousness or whatever, but a living cell does not have what would generally be accepted and regarded as consciousness, end of story.

3. You may think yourself as an intellectual of sorts but your jokes are Sahara-dry, so I'd knock that one on the head if I was you, it embarrasses us all

LOL @ you.

You have no idea, brah.

"You like to think you're some big intellectual coming on here swinging your bollocks, but in actual fact you're just as clueless as anyone who pretends to know what they're talking about"

What you said is directly applicable to the bullshit you just wrote up there. You defeated yourself in a discussion, out to you.

You got emotional in another thread where I was talking about my beliefs, hop off my d*ck you faggot.

Tasks for Esqui:

1. Define intellectual.

2. Watch this video

3. Shaddap

You said you did psychology right? Do you want me to par you now, or tomorrow?

Yeah cuz your beliefs are fucking retarded and so are you 'BREH'

That video doesn't prove shit, that is not a conscious being, if anything that is machine-like, it doesn't display any of the facets of what would be regarded as a conscious being, it is a cell doing the only thing a cell does, it's not thinking it's just doing, that cell isn't contemplating NOT getting that parasite, it will hunt that parasite down until it consumes it or dies cuz guess what d*ckbrain, that's what the fuck cells do

I didn't do psychology, no

And your pathetic wishes to one-up people with your supposed superior intelligence are becoming more apparent in every thread

Yeah cuz your beliefs are fucking retarded and so are you 'BREH'

That video doesn't prove shit, that is not a conscious being, if anything that is machine-like, it doesn't display any of the facets of what would be regarded as a conscious being, it is a cell doing the only thing a cell does, it's not thinking it's just doing, that cell isn't contemplating NOT getting that parasite, it will hunt that parasite down until it consumes it or dies cuz guess what d*ckbrain, that's what the fuck cells do

I didn't do psychology, no

And your pathetic wishes to one-up people with your supposed superior intelligence are becoming more apparent in every thread

Listen brudda, have I done something to threaten you? You seem very defensive. I haven't done anything to try and make myself appear intellectually superior, yet you seem to be projecting that onto me. Perhaps you should acquaint yourself with some psychological theories - perhaps projection is the best place to start. You clearly have self-esteem issues, most of the things I have said here have been expressed in layman's terms.

Bruv, I said this already and you seem to have missed it/ignored it.

Just because the actions appear mundane and robotic, does not mean they are not conscious. You will live your life doing the same shit over and over until you die. At the end of your life, you will have spent around half of it asleep, a good chunk will have been spent eating, wanking, washing, performing routines, and doing what other people do.

What is the difference between a white blood cell chasing a bacteria, a security guard chasing a shoplifter, a Hackney man chasing a Totty guy down Seven Sisters, or you chasing a dumb slore in a club?

Not much. There is an urge, perhaps primitive, perhaps illogical, perhaps necessary. That 'urge' is a result of a conscious apparatus system combining various sensory data (i.e 'White blood cell becomes aware of bacteria, security guard clocks shoplifter, Hackney guy spots a guy with a Northstar pendant, you spot the fat white ting in the Fabric smoking area...).

I am not saying a White blood cell is intelligent enough to be conscious of the fact that a particular bacteria has killed off other humans, necessarily. Perhaps that data is programmed into us all, so all our white blood cells respond in a similar way when a bacteria enters our system...

But bruv, how do you explain the evolution of 'superbugs'? Are you saying that the dumb, robotic superbug evolved to protect itself against the antibiotics that threatened it in a totally unconscious way? You really believe it isn't aware? I hope you catch MRSA.

If you knew somebody was coming for you with a strap or shotgun, you'd switch up your shit too. A robotic, predictable response, perhaps, but still a conscious one.