• 3 weeks later...

need kaboul to stay fit, need dawson gone asap

• Upvote 1

need kaboul to stay fit, need dawson gone asap

Vlad is having good games tbh, been impressive with him recently 

wonder who will get dropped for Jan?

lol who am i kidding?   

Dawson is starting every game, even if we have everyone fit

"With players of this quality coming back to fitness it reinforces the fact that we have strength and depth in the squad. And players with real quality and ability. That’s what I look for.

"I see reports saying I want this and that, that I want British or I want youth, that’s not accurate - what I want is technically good players and we have that in abundance throughout the dressing room."

good to hear

Venting On Sherwood

Now, the fury has been building up for a couple of weeks ago so rather than going on an abusive rampage across Twitter, I am going to try and put my points across eloquently about the car crash that is Dim Sherwood. I know its long...but here goes.

Firstly, I am absolutely sick to death with the tabloid and other mainstream media queuing up to nosh him for a variety of reasons or urban myths as I call them.

1) Tim Sherwood has made Spurs more exciting. Quite simply, he hasn't. He has simply made us more random. Every single game is basically 90 minutes of 'you attack, we attack, you attack, we attack', with the outcome decided not by tactical nous or any semblance of a game plan, but by luck. The luck being that our players can simply outscore the other team or that they will turn up on the day. It's exciting in principle, but in practice, it's bloody horrible to watch. Bordering on barbaric

2) Our form has improved. Quite simply, it hasn't. Spurs were largely a consistent beast before Sherwood arrived. We had a couple of heavy beatings at the end of AVB's tenure, but one was at City, who also smashed 6 past Arsenal, and the other was against Liverpool, when we were so destroyed by injuries we had Etienne Capoue and Kyle Naughton at the back, and people were screaming for the inclusion of Zeki Fryers, who at which point had zero Premier League starts, as if he was the second coming of Philip Lahm. In between those games, were two good away wins and a creditable draw against Utd, who we would have comfortably beaten had our defence not been so charitable. Sherwood has 17 points from 8 games in charge. 5 wins, 2 draws and a defeat. Against the same opposition Sherwood has faced, AVB picked up 19 points in his last game against them. That isn't an improvement. It's a regression.

3) He 'knows the game'. From what I have seen, he quite simply doesn't. Fans of other teams who have seen us against their teams under Sherwood will attest to this, but we are incredibly easy to get at and have started slow in every game so far under Sherwood. He's had a couple of impressive results, like Utd away, but even in that we could have been 3 down in the first 15 minutes and were lucky not to concede a penalty. The worrying thing for me is his insistence that you don't need a defensive midfielder and that a good central midfielder can attack and defend. The problem is, we don't have any multifunctional central midfielders. We have destroyers and we have creative players, but nobody who has both in their armoury, apart from some French bloke who Sherwood claims not to know, so he plays his (apparently adopted son) Bentaleb rather than him. There is no real fluency in the team and no real link between defence and midfield or midfield and attack.

4) 'Bullsh*t Baffles Brains'. Now this was a quote from Rent-a-gob Redknapp but is also clearly a belief held by Timmy Tempo, or the PE Teacher, or any other nickname I've heard for him. There's an argument for 'playing to your audience' but there's a difference between that and what Sherwood is doing. He likes to keep things simple, not for the sake of the players, but because he himself is incredibly simple. The game isn't about tactics or formations, its apparently winning individual battles and showing more desire. Now, this may work in the lower leagues when playing against teams of largely equal quality, but in the Premier League when even the lesser teams are extremely well drilled, it is just not an acceptable view to have. He comes across as a throwback, a Luddite. Spurs played Hull at the weekend and with all due respect to them, we have better players all over the pitch. We looked absolutely hopeless. The goal itself was a complete fluke and just shows that we are overreliant on players having individual moments of brilliance like Paulinho, rather than setting up to outplay and outthink our opponents.

The worst thing of the lot, is that he is being talked about as if he's the messiah and that he has saved us from oblivion, in very much the same way as Harry was talked about, except Harry did improve us, this clueless spiv doesn't. He'll get a free pass from the lads at Talksport, The Sun and The Daily Mail who are loving the fact we have a GOOD ENGLISH BOY at the helm now, people even talking up Sherwood's record '5 away wins in a row' despite AVB winning two of them, and in some cases blatant lies, like Niall Quinn saying Spurs struggled on their travels before Tim came along (15 away wins in 27 PL games under AVB). It really doesn't surprise me that its the Anglo-centric parts of the media who are bigging him and similarly, the same can be said of some of our own fans who think he's the best thing since sliced bread, but personally I just can't stand the sight of his gormless grinning face and his f**king barn owl haircut. I can't wait until we employ a proper manager because the mere sight of this bloke makes me want to poke my own eyes out with a shitty stick.

Yours with love

Ross THFC

Couldnt put it any better

Didn't know where to put this, Juande Ramos piece from the Guardian

"I wanted Samuel Eto'o and David Villa. Eto'o wanted too much in wages. We negotiated with Villa, when he was one of the world's best. Levy's a hard, hard, hard negotiator and in the end it didn't happen. So we were left with Bent and Campbell. We couldn't beat anyone. We couldn't have scored if we'd used a rainbow as the goalposts." :lol:

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/feb/13/juande-ramos-tottenham-hotspur-dnipro

:lmao:

Was only wondering what happened to him a couple of weeks ago aswell.

Read that last night, good article

Juande>

Fired shots

After the game today

1656063_602392926508807_1559675951_n.jpg

• Upvote 2

Supposedly Kaboul will be retiring at the end of the season :(

He is leaving for sure, don't think he has to retire though.  Still a good CB

We will need to sign two CBs this summer.

Jan and Kaboul leaving

Our next season CB pairing will be Dawson and Caulker (buy back clause) 

We will set back another 3 years.

I fucking hate dawson

First thing Van Gaal needs to do when he gets in is to release that c*nt Dawson

• Upvote 1

The ramblings of a broken, beaten man.

Tottenham have to face some hard facts
Posted by John Crace

Another week, another humiliating capitulation to a top-four Premier League club. The gulf in class between Spurs and the four teams above them is far bigger than their league positions suggest. Can anyone really still believe Spurs are worthy of a Champions League place? Does a football team with serious aspirations have a goal difference of zero with nearly three-quarters of the season played?

Nice-But-Tim Sherwood was always long odds to out-think Jose Mourinho. His decision to play Kyle Walker on the right wing and Aaron Lennon as a No. 10 always threatened to destabilise Spurs more than Chelsea -- Emmanuel Adebayor didn't receive any worthwhile service throughout the game -- but even he couldn't have expected his team to gift Chelsea three goals and the referee to gift them the other. By the end of the game Spurs looked no better than an average pub side.

After the game, Sherwood openly criticised the heart, desire and professionalism of several of his players. It was probably the sort of criticism that would have been better kept behind closed doors, but it was hard not to have some sympathy for the Spurs manager. He knows he is unlikely to still be in the job by the end of May and his players aren't making it any easier for him. If he is going down, he's going to take a few likely suspects with him.

Spurs fans have to face some hard facts about their club and its players. First, the players. The days of club loyalty are long gone. Most modern Spurs players would be hard pushed to locate Tottenham on a map of London, let alone a map of England. They have no attachment to the club or its traditions. They are there for the money and to advance their careers. End of. Any idea that more than a handful have any pride in wearing the shirt is a fiction created by fans who need to believe that the players share their own ideals and ambitions.

The main man whom Sherwood was calling out was Jan Vertonghen. In his first season at Spurs, he looked a genuinely class act. A centre-back around whom Spurs could build a defence. But it's been obvious for some time that Vertonghen has gone mentally AWOL. In my opinion, he is fed up playing for the team and thinks he could do better elsewhere. For weeks he has spent as much time squabbling on the pitch with his teammates as he has doing anything productive; finding out he was being made to play in his hated left-back position again -- presumably Sherwood doesn't trust Zeki Fryers -- looked like the final straw. The irony of this was that if Vertonghen carries on playing as badly, he may just find the only team who will give him a game is Spurs.

Then there's Aaron Lennon. Everyone at White Hart Lane has been waiting for him to step up a level since he arrived from Leeds in 2005. He hasn't. He still plays the role of the promising youngster rather than senior professional. The frustration is that he so obviously has more talent, but he seems comfortable with being average. His performances this season have been more anonymous than usual. Most unforgivably he is almost always the first to go missing when the going gets tough.

Gylfi Sigurdsson is another who seems to have mentally already checked out of White Hart Lane. He may not appreciate being asked to play on the left wing anymore than any fan appreciates him playing there. He has no left foot and no pace so is totally unsuited to the role. But he could put in a shift. Against Chelsea it was hard to think of one telling contribution he had made before he was substituted midway through the second half. I could go on. Kyle Walker seems to believe he is far better than he actually is and Paulinho plays as if he is dreaming of lying on the beach in Rio.

But tempting as it is to call out the players, the real villains of the piece are the club's management hierarchy. These are men who are paid well to understand how a football club is run and how players think. Daniel Levy et al know full well that the average professional footballer is a bit of a spoilt brat with no loyalties to anyone but himself; their job is to make that work for the club. Something that successful clubs do by employing a manager whom the players fear -- respect is a bonus -- and can create a collective ethos, a desire to win, out of a group of disparate, talented individuals.

By sacking AVB midseason and having no replacement in mind, the Spurs board showed they had no real respect or faith in Sherwood. Many of the players didn't have enough professionalism or self-discipline to do anything but follow suit. To say that Sherwood has lost the dressing-room is to miss the point. He never had the dressing-room in the first place. Most of the Spurs team have been on cruise control since December. They'd rather win than lose -- who wouldn't? -- but when the chips are down, few of them are prepared to fight to the death.

But that's not the end of the Spurs' board's incompetence. Of the seven players whom Spurs brought into the club with the Gareth Bale money, none were considered worthy of a place in the starting XI. That is almost the most shocking detail of the Chelsea debacle. Paulinho came on in the second half, but he might just as well have stayed on the bench. The 100 million pound Bale money -- a chance in a lifetime to rebuild the club -- has been chucked away.

It's not just the players, but the whole club that should be ashamed of the Chelsea game. If the club had any decency it would refund those supporters who forked out 60 pounds at Stamford Bridge to witness it. But players and the Spurs' board don't generally do decency. Worse, there aren't any obvious short- or midterm remedies. It's hard to see this side salvaging anything from this season. It's also improbable to imagine what players remain making any kind of challenge in the next couple of seasons. The defending may have been pure comedy on Saturday, but it's Spurs who are, right now, very much the joke.