Fabio Quagliarella

The King

Red Devils in hunt for Fab Samp starSampdoria striker Fabio Quagliarella could join Premier League champions Manchester United this summer, according to the player's agent. The Italy international is one of the hottest forwards in Serie A and is believed to be a target for several elite European clubs. "One month ago, Manchester United made a ã10million offer," claimed Quagliarella's agent, Silvio Pagliari. "We believe Fabio is worth between 15 to 20 million euros (ã10-13million), hence if the English club's offer still stands, he could probably go abroad." Quagliarella joined Samp last summer from Ascoli, although his sporting rights are co-owned by both the Genoa outfit and Udinese. The 23-year-old made 35 league appearances for Sampdoria last season, scoring 13 goals. His performances earned him a call-up to the national team, and earlier this month he scored his first two goals for the Azzurri during Italy's 2-0 Euro 2008 qualifying win against Lithuania. With such an impressive start on the international stage behind him, it comes as no surprise that Samp are anxious to keep hold of the in-form hitman. "More than ever, we want to keep Fabio's services," said Samp's club administrator Giuseppe Marotta. "We will only stop if faced with an extraordinary offer."
Would be sick. Big player. Goals the other day were sick. I have a feeling though that this is one of them tactics used by the players agent to engineer a move.

Quagliarella: Reds have upped offerSampdoria striker Fabio Quagliarella has revealed he could be tempted by a move to Premier League champions Manchester United this summer.United reportedly made a ã10million offer last month to sign the Italy international and, according to Quagliarella, the Red Devils have now increased that amount in the hope of winning the race against top Serie A clubs who are also keen to acquire his services. When asked about United's offer, Quagliarella told Gazzetta dello Sport: "It seems a serious offer, they have raised it and it is an important figure. "Manchester United are a big deal and if it ended up going that way, I would gladly join the Premier League. "It is a fascinating and beautiful competition." Quagliarella joined Samp last summer from Ascoli, although his sporting rights are co-owned by both the Genoa club and Udinese. The 23-year-old made 35 league appearances for Sampdoria last season, scoring 13 goals, and his performances earned him a call-up to the national team, where earlier this month he scored his first two Azzurri goals during Italy's 2-0 Euro 2008 qualifying win against Lithuania. Samp have confirmed only an "extraordinary offer" would see Quagliarella, who is under contract until 2010, leave the club this summer. Quagliarella insists his first choice would be to remain in Serie A and keep his place in the national team. "I am really happy at Sampdoria," added the striker. "I would prefer to remain in Italy, having continuity and having the trust of (national team coach Roberto) Donadoni."

Very talented player, would defo add something to Manchester United.But he isn't what they need.Manchester United need a target man with the mobility and skill to get on either side of the defence.In current market there's only Torres and Anelka that fit the frame.

we need a better version of sahaunless we get a backup for rooney which we dont need coz we have rossi

There's two type they could bring in.The deadly pacey striker in the Saha mould minus the injuries obviously, who will make the frontline of him, Ronaldo & Rooney, too much for defences.Then there's the fox in the box striker in the RVN mould minus the cheating obviously, who will do the lay offs for Ronaldo & Rooney then hit the box for them to supply the assist, again too much for defences.The Saha striker seems to be option most fans want, but while you play better football to watch with that type of striker, I think that option comes up short against the better team's defences who can handle pace. Like I actually celebrated your sale of RVN cos I knew you'd find it hard to beat us with that strike line and you didnt...

Oh and Quagliarella is neither! Like somebody pointed out he is from what I've seen a link up/second striker/forward/whatever you call them type of player, who would be ideal along with Arsenal's way of play, bar the fact he likes long range shots, which we all know Arsenal dont do, lol.

im think if he can sort out the issues in his life then Adriano would be the ideal signing especially if Inter are looking to sell
was thinking this as well. ac milan took a risk signing R9 and he dropped the weight and started playing like the old R9. could get him for good p as well.

im think if he can sort out the issues in his life then Adriano would be the ideal signing especially if Inter are looking to sell
was thinking this as well. ac milan took a risk signing R9 and he dropped the weight and started playing like the old R9. could get him for good p as well.
yeh i was thinking that too...i'm sure Fergie can get the best out of him.

Fabio Quagliarella, the Sampdoria striker, said yesterday that Manchester United had made an improved offer to sign him, having failed with an initial ã10m offer. Quagliarella, one of Europe's most in-demand strikers after breaking into the Italy team, called it a "serious offer"."They have raised their offer and it is an important figure," Quagliarella told La Gazzetta dello Sport. "Manchester United are a big deal and if it ended up going that way, I would gladly join."United, who appear close to admitting defeat in their bid to prise Carlos Tevez away from West Ham, face competition from some of Italy's top clubs after Quagliarella's 13 goals in 35 appearances last season. The 23-year-old has been at Sampdoria for one season, having signed from Ascoli, and marked his breakthrough into the national team by scoring both goals when Italy beat Lithuania 2-0 in a Euro 2008 qualifier this month.
Wonder what the deal would be like, seeing as he's co-owned.

He's only had one season at Sampdoria, so he hasn't really done much before that. But nearly every goal he scord this season was incredible, and he broke into the national side and scored 2 cracking goals as well. I don't think Italy hype their younger players as much as we do, but he has had a great season. I'm sure Sampdoria would prefer to hold onto him.

its hard to really rate him coz all i've seen is that game where he scored two for italy and a few youtube clips but this guy looks like a bargain for just over 10 mill considering charlton want 18 mill for bent he reminds me a bit of del piero and fergie tried to get him when juve got relegated also roma want him but after seeing united beat them in the champs league he should really only have one option

He looks good but whether he is what we need is a different matter.I think he would do very well here.