FAO-: People who wear contacts/glasses

Guest M12

My eyesight deteriated. I can see most tihngs clearly, but not things from quite a distance. I'm short sighted. Need to wear glasses for my driving test because I don't even want to take the risk of not being able to read license plate. I can see a lot further though with them, but take them off and sh*t is kinda blurry for a piece.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm sort sighted anf can't see sh*t over a long distance.Contacts are cool, i've been wearing them for the past 6 years or so. Only annoying thing is if you unexpectedly want to sleep overnight somewhere etc you are f*cked because you shouldn't leave them on overnight (i have monthly disposables).You also shouldn't wear them for more than 10 -12 hours at a time.

Guest Seriouss

You just have to soldier it. If you start wearing glasses your eyes will get weaker, if you leave them they will fix themselves. I was told I should have worn glasses when I was about 10 but my mum wouldnt get me the nice purple ones I wanted and tried to make me wear the 'national health' ones. I hid them in my desk and my eyes just got better. They are fine now biggrin.gif

You just have to soldier it. If you start wearing glasses your eyes will get weaker, if you leave them they will fix themselves. I was told I should have worn glasses when I was about 10 but my mum wouldnt get me the nice purple ones I wanted and tried to make me wear the 'national health' ones. I hid them in my desk and my eyes just got better. They are fine now biggrin.gif
its too late for me. I'm dependent on them now. By the time i recovered i'd be 100 years old.comfort me. :D

Guest Seriouss
its too late for me. I'm dependent on them now. By the time i recovered i'd be 100 years old.comfort me. :D
*pats*

If you start wearing glasses your eyes will get weaker,
I've never heard that before, and I'd be surprised if it was true.
Not weaker, but dependant.I lost my glasses pretty much after I got them and now I have 20/20 vision, can see over long distances and short. I was mildly short sighted but I don't need glasses anymore.Foxy, what a lame quip.

Guest Seriouss
It is true. You have muscles in your eye that have to work to see and focus. If you wear glasses the muscles are not used as much and, like any other muscle, will become weaker and your sight will get worse.

It is true. You have muscles in your eye that have to work to see and focus. If you wear glasses the muscles are not used as much and, like any other muscle, will become weaker and your sight will get worse.
I'm not doubting you, but do you have any evidence to support this?

Guest Seriouss
I'm not doubting you, but do you have any evidence to support this?
http://www.glasses4less.uk.com/acatalog/Myth_Buster.htmlMy bad - it is a lie.

Anyone tried the ones you leave in your eye for 30 days?Those are the ones I wanna reach for uni.
When you say leave, do you mean you never take it out your eye for 30 days?
Yeah. You put them in and you can sleep in them and do everything in them and you don't take them out at all for 30 days. I'm too shook to get them. Sounds like an eye infection waiting to happen.

I have a voucher for a free eye test at D&A if you want?You get used to contacts, and they're piss easy to put in, but recently they're f*ckin about with one of my eyes I can't stand wearing them30 days contacts are the cheapest as well.Just seriously remember to take em out - I slept half a night in them, and I had to scrape them out of my eye because I couldn't open my eyes!

My eyesight deteriated. I can see most tihngs clearly, but not things from quite a distance. I'm short sighted. Need to wear glasses for my driving test because I don't even want to take the risk of not being able to read license plate. I can see a lot further though with them, but take them off and sh*t is kinda blurry for a piece.
So, so trueLol @ Danielle scrape dem out your eyes biggrin.gif

Anyone tried the ones you leave in your eye for 30 days?Those are the ones I wanna reach for uni.
Yeah. You put them in and you can sleep in them and do everything in them and you don't take them out at all for 30 days. I'm too shook to get them. Sounds like an eye infection waiting to happen.
I swear they'll just dry up?I've heard stories how if the contact becomes too dry, your eyelid can scrape it up to the back of your eye when you blink.

I swear they'll just dry up?I've heard stories how if the contact becomes too dry, your eyelid can scrape it up to the back of your eye when you blink.
There are day and night contact lenses u can get. I'd rather not deal with them though - not worth the risk.With normal ones they can go to the back of your eye and lodge itself in your optical nerve.The time I had slept in them and scraped them out, I was pissed cos I left them on the side, and I never realised it would dry up and become crisp-likeM12 let me know if you want the voucher

Guest The Operative.

That back of the eye stuff with contacts is bullshit.Nothing can touch the back of your eye unless it has been removed from your eye socket.

ya all gonna SEND for me HARD when i tell you thisi went to get my contacts last year and when the guy tried to put them in I FAINTED YES I FAINTED just the thought of this guy doing what felt like him prodding me in my eyes just made me feel weird started sweating and i was out good thing my girl was with me had to drive me home and everythingi went just recently and now i can put them in my eyes EASY AVOID gettin any deal with these guys they will TRY and get you to do some direct debit tingNOjust get ya prescription and then with that (contacts you need to have a YEARLY prescription but glasses its every two years) go to the sainsbury's website and order them onlineEASYCHEAPERand none of that direct debit ting*awaits sendage*its real thoughyou should still get glasses though especially if you drive just in case you loose them or whatever you NEED spares bruv

Guest MessyGyal

i wear daily contacts and really begrudge paying £27 per month for them,they send them in 3 month batches for me so i say i dont receive them twie a year and get refunds biggrin.gifi prefer them to glasses though and yeh you get used to them quickly