The Spurs Thread

Dadinho

New manager in.No man chat to me about its early, he's took us to our best position in whatever yearsNo tactics at all, he can stay as coach but i want to see a new facekjsaldjs@ him thinking we can brake into top 4 without a creative player/left winger.f*cking waste premeirship
*clears throat*wasn't it the spurs fans who thought this?

lol read this of another forumOkay, I think I've really hit something, I've posted it on another forum, but I'll post it here for reactions as well.I am just in shock at the brilliance of Martin Jol, my main conclusion is that he must have been hired by an Arsenal supporter to cause a Spurs' collapse.First of all, the summer signings: Kaboul was good at CB, but they only have 3 quality CBs and seeing as King is always hurt, that's not enough. Meanwhile, Jol realizes that it's obvious that Spurs have a need at left-back, so he cleverly signs Gareth Bale. He knows Bale won't be ready for at least a year or two, but it will get the fans excited. To further their excitement, he makes the completely useless signing of Darren Bent putting Spurs fans and English media into a frenzy. But wait!?!?! Some more astute fans notice that Spurs have a major weakness in center midfield. Jol is too smart for them. He goes out and signs Kevin-Prince Boateng. On the surface, it looks great. But deep down, Boateng is an egomaniac who is unproven in a big league and a person who will love the London nightlife.I'm guessing the Berbatov signing was an accident. He wanted to sign someone who had a couple decent years in Europe, but who would crash in the EPL, alas, he gravely miscalculated. Bulgarians can actually play football.On to today's game. Fortunately, Spurs were already hurt by injuries which gives Jol the perfect excuse to play Anthony Gardner. So far so good, Gardner's horrific defending gifts Everton a 1-0 lead. But alas, the rest of the team is playing really well. Malbranque is actually staying on the left flank, the team is giving the ball to Berbatov as much as possible and Zokora has been the main man in midfield. Gardner even tries to redeem himself by tying the game. But fortunately, Kaboul goes down with injury. This allows Jol to introduce a handpicked horror signing, Ricardo Rocha. Within minutes, Rocha has crashed into Paul Robinson which gives Osman the perfect opportunity to give Everton the lead back.And then just before the half, a fantastic piece of luck, Zokora, who was playing quite well, deflects an FK into the net, 3-1 to Everton!!But there are still danger signs, the team is still playing well. The half-time teamtalk. Jol tells them the solution is the play the ball to the flanks, not to Berbatov. In addition, he gives Malbranque a free role and tells Zokora that he's played poorly and to let Jenas take the ball in midfield.The 2nd half starts, Berbatov doesn't see much of the ball, Tottenham's attack is sputtering. Malbranque in his new free role leaves the left side and moves to the right, Spurs lose their attacking options for 1/2 of the pitch.But it's still not perfect! Jol cleverly brings on Routledge for Stalteri. Now they have 2 right wingers and no attacking presence on the left side, not even a full-back! But the fans will see it as an attacking substitution, a winger for a defender. And now the crowning touch...Jol takes off Bent for Defoe. If Tottenham ever had a chance of getting back into, it would be from a cross into the box. Bent is much better in the air than Defoe, so that threat is removed. Tottenham comfortably lose the game while barely creating any chances in the 2nd half. biggrin.gif

that qoute from a next forum by lenny,smacked itu can tell the author is brewing badlyi still think spurs will b bless,when they get players fitthe only problem is all the top 4 hype will mean when they finish in the lower end of the top 8heads will b shouting failure

SPURS will take their summer spending to £50million if they land Curtis Davies. Tottenham boss Martin Jol had an £8m bid for the centre-half snubbed by West Brom, who want £10m.It is understood Davies, 22, was at White Hart Lane on Tuesday to see the shocking 3-1 defeat to Everton. Davies, signed from Luton for £3m two years ago, is keen on a move to the North Londoners so he can boost his England hopes.Jol has already spent £40m beefing up his squad for an assault on cracking the top four. But his plans have been hit by two successive losses and a knee injury to skipper Ledley King, who will be out for two months.Tottenham have been tracking Davies for two seasons and have seen him improve beyond all recognition. Jol has also joined the race to sign Dutch playmaker Rafael van der Vaart.Spurs want the Hamburg midfielder to inject some much-needed creativity into their squad.But the German club have rejected bids of up to £10m for Van der Vaart from several sides this summer, including Valencia and Juventus. So Jol will have to produce a massive offer to capture his fellow Dutchman, with Hamburg adamant they want him to stay. Ex-Ajax man Van der Vaart, 24, has been capped 35 times by Holland and Aston Villa were interested last year.Jol has realised he needs to provide service to his star-studded strikeforce of Dimitar Berbatov, Robbie Keane, Jermain Defoe and Darren Bent.ALSO....MATT TAYLOR REPORTEDLY TO COMPLETE TRANSFER TO SPURS BEFORE THE TRANSFER DEADLINE.THAT WOULD MAKE OUR SUMMER SPENDIGN APPROX 60M...CARZY sh*t.

I said this preseason, as long as Jol is at the helm spurs will have good results throughout the season but tactically he is terrible and makes stupid substitutions.He has done well, but hes not the man to take them onto the 'next' level so to speak.BUT spurs with a good manager would be dangerous.Feel sorry for the spurs board tho, they've given him full backing & 40m

Cha, personally i think its goin to take another 3 games to get Spurs back on track, i just hope that the big boy teams just draw their matches in the meanwhile, the table will change come December, where the strongest links will show

Spurs capture KaboulKings defensive cover is sorted. Now we need Sneijder and a left midfielder and we will get 4th. We're going on sick this year, watch.
Only thing I would say is Arsenals Midfield is better than Tottenhams.
Exactly, and even that its a close run contest, they loose Fabregas and their midfield is nothing.We are now superior in every department compared to arsenal, just some gooners are finding it very tough to realise this.
AND FINALLY
Bring on Sep 15th.
biggrin.gif
CLASSIC.