The Spurs Thread

Dadinho

Yeah, but truth being told, im waiting for even one half decent Berbatov performance this season.Im sure he will get magnificant soon once again, but so far he has looked a far cry from his former self last year.I'm confident we will beat Villa, if we dont, its not even worth thinking about.We were almost in this predicament same time last season, but back then, we didnt have Villa at Home, Liverpool away and Newcastle away as our next 3 fixtures....2 of which we never ever win. And havent done so for years.

not every game, could see kaboul or ledley being much more effective against serious attacking threats....

How can Howells be a legend and I'm not? Ex-Spurs skipper's fury at parade snubSpurs legend Graham Roberts has been handed a major snub after not being invited by the club to join in the celebrations of their 125th anniversary tonight. Spurs will have a parade of 50 legendary players to mark the special occasion before their match against Aston Villa, but Roberts has not been chosen.SpursRoberts_228x314.jpgThe 48-year-old is believed to have upset the club with his constant criticism and was warned to stop commenting on the board's handling of the Martin Jol affair. Roberts, who made 357 appearances for Spurs, was captain when they beat Anderlecht to win the UEFA Cup in 1984. He said: "I am deeply hurt and can't believe it. All I have done is speak out in support of the manager. I am entitled to have an opinion and can't believe David Howells will be part of the legends parade and I won't be."
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/arti...in_page_id=1779

Paul Robinson needs to do the decent thing and retire. the defending was comical tonight, and the goalkeeping horrific. I dunno man......at 4-1 down, I was angrier than I can remember for a LONG-ass time, especially hearing those cocksucking Brummies singing "Happy Birthday". I really wanted to leave, but I've never ever left a football match before the final whistle, so it was particularly satisfying to sing "4-1 and you f*cked it up" and "you're not singing anymore" at the end.when we got to 4-3, part of me was content in a way, that we had at least shown some bottle to try and come back. at 4-4 it was great to see the whole team rush over to Jol. I really feel for the guy, the board have really f*cked him over ever since the 2nd game of the season, and at 4-1 down, his position would've been totally untenable. maybe, this buys him some breathing space. if you'd offered me a draw before kickoff, I wouldn't have been happy, and even though it's a poor result, the manner in which we got it at least gives some kind of hope. today I saw that, apart from a sh*t keeper and a dodgy defence, we have some fight, and a team that still plays for the manager. I still believe the results will come. maybe not on Saturday at Anfield, but for sure we're not gonna stay in the lower half of the tableoh, and special props to Jermaine Defoe for coming on and shooting from miles away for once instead of passing to a better-placed team-mate. and useless Darren Bent too for missing a header from 0.1 yards outAll in all this was just typical Spurs, to give the league the best match of every season, every year.

Paul Robinson needs to do the decent thing and retire. the defending was comical tonight, and the goalkeeping horrific. I dunno man......at 4-1 down, I was angrier than I can remember for a LONG-ass time, especially hearing those cocksucking Brummies singing "Happy Birthday". I really wanted to leave, but I've never ever left a football match before the final whistle, so it was particularly satisfying to sing "4-1 and you f*cked it up" and "you're not singing anymore" at the end.when we got to 4-3, part of me was content in a way, that we had at least shown some bottle to try and come back. at 4-4 it was great to see the whole team rush over to Jol. I really feel for the guy, the board have really f*cked him over ever since the 2nd game of the season, and at 4-1 down, his position would've been totally untenable. maybe, this buys him some breathing space. if you'd offered me a draw before kickoff, I wouldn't have been happy, and even though it's a poor result, the manner in which we got it at least gives some kind of hope. today I saw that, apart from a sh*t keeper and a dodgy defence, we have some fight, and a team that still plays for the manager. I still believe the results will come. maybe not on Saturday at Anfield, but for sure we're not gonna stay in the lower half of the tableoh, and special props to Jermaine Defoe for coming on and shooting from miles away for once instead of passing to a better-placed team-mate. and useless Darren Bent too for missing a header from 0.1 yards outAll in all this was just typical Spurs, to give the league the best match of every season, every year.
The defender cleared it. Not a miss.