The Spurs Thread

Dadinho

Martin Jol has dismissed fears Ledley King will be out until the new year but says Tottenham will not rush the defender back. Reports in the press had claimed the influential defender had suffered a setback with his rehabilitation from a knee injury and was looking at another three months on the sidelines. However the speculation seems to be some way off the truth and King should be back well before then. There had been suggestions King could return against Newcastle on Monday October 22 but Jol says the game against the Magpies will probably come too soon for him. "I don't think so," said Jol when asked whether he would make Newcastle. "I said it last week we can't rush him. Last season he came back for the last four games and that was probably the reason we were fifth. "We were fourth for seven months the year before, that was because of him. We were fifth when he was out for the last nine matches of the season.
Good news on King.Quite a bold statement.

You will have a point to prove I would rather play a Spurs team in full flow rather than a wounded and hungry one.We could win but I'm very cautious of the whole game and the game against Everton afterwards which is also going to be very difficult.You going to the game?I will purchase one on Friday from a guy on another forum

You going to a pub in the city after the game?I might go the The White Star it is near the city center with a couple of lads but not a great fan of pubs and drinking.Goalkeepers always play well against Liverpool the only hope we have to beat you is if Gerrard starts playing he cares not like he doesn't want to be here.

We will probably be in some pub before the match. Dont know after it, depends on the time and how long itll take us to get back home.Ill let the boys know about the White Star, as long as it aint a too long walk from Anfield, we'll try hit it.Only chance of us getting a point is if Dawson and Kaboul gel and Berbatov starts playing.

Dutch giants Ajax have made Martin Jol their No.1 target to replace their Chelsea-bound coach Henk Ten Cate.Tottenham boss Jol, who took his team to the UEFA Cup Group stage last night with a draw in Cyprus, has been fighting to save his job all season but now suddenly finds himself in demand.Dutchman Ten Cate has been offered a job on Chelsea's coaching staff to work alongside first-team boss Avram Grant and is expected to leave Ajax next month.Ajax tried and failed to lure Jol away from Spurs in March 2005 but now may have more success with his future at the club hanging by a thread.AdvertisementSpurs have gone behind Jol's back twice this season with approaches for Sevilla coach Juande Ramos and former Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho. Jol, who has the rest of this season and another year left on his Spurs contract, knows he is potentially just one defeat from the sack.That will make the Ajax proposition attractive to Dutchman Jol whose stock is still high with the Amsterdam club. But Jol leaving Tottenham would leave them high and dry and without a manager - sweet revenge for the way Jol has been treated this season.Ajax coach Ten Cate is expected to join Chelsea during the international break.Jol, meanwhile, said with pride last night: "It's great to qualify in Europe again. We had about 2,000 supporters here and it was nice to see them happy."