Tottenham Hotspur Official Topic

n/a

Juande Ramos admits that Tottenham would sell Dimitar Berbatov if they received a suitable offer. The Spaniard is understandably keen to ensure that Spurs keep hold of their biggest asset over the summer, but has revealed that he is not totally against the idea of allowing the Bulgarian to leave. Chelsea and Manchester United have both declared their interest in the striker in the past and could return with a bumper offer this summer, especially as they are now aware of his availability. He will not come cheap though, and Ramos has made it clear that Spurs have placed a sizeable asking price on the former Bayer Leverkusen forward. "We know the situation of Berbatov and we are calm about it," he said. "If a team comes along and pays the asking price the chairman wants then possibly yes, but we're delighted to have him here." The summer rebuild at White Hart Lane has already begun, with Luka Modric set to complete a £15million move to the Premier League from Dinamo Zagreb in the coming weeks. Ramos has made it clear that he intends to mould his own squad at Tottenham after inheriting most of the players currently at the club from former coach Martin Jol. He is delighted to have sealed the signature of Croatian international Modric, and is confident that the playmaker will prove to be a shrewd acquisition for the club. "There are a few things like the medical that needed to be finalised," said Ramos. "If it goes through we will be delighted. I've seen him several times in games for his club. "The club always try to sign good players, whatever players we sign will improve the squad. We always want to improve the squad and show our ambition."
He's off.

Bolton Wanderers stole a most unlikely lead before Steed Malbranque equalised for the hosts. Spurs, following their familiar pattern, had to rally to take a reward from a game they should have been winning. Poyet suggested that there is only so much that a coach can do for his side before responsibility must be handed to the players to reap results from games. Underwhelmed, he told the BBC: “(We are) a little bit disappointed, we were good on the ball, created chances, but didn’t score. It’s easier to put it right when you play well. It’s up to the players. That’s why the most expensive player is the one who scores goals.” Strangely, Poyet was happy when Bolton took the lead as he felt that set-back coaxed his side into action, he continued: (Their goal) made it better! It made the game entertaining, we went forward. We are not able to score the second goal, that’s the problem.”Putting aside the temporary disappointment at a fourth successive 1-1 draw, Poyet had time to speak about the latest Spurs acquisition, Croatian Luka Modric. The ex-Dinamo Zagreb playmaker signed for Juande Ramos’ side for a fee believed to be in the region of £12 million and watched his new team-mates in action today. Poyet remarked: “I hope we can have him for the pre season. There’s still a few things going through. It’s unbelievable to have him around because of the quality of the player.” Spurs and Ramos will be hoping that Modric is the man to break them from their goal-scoring hex.
SPURS new boy Luka Modric spoke of his delight at completing his £15.8million move to White Hart Lane.The Dinamo Zagreb midfielder is reported to have agreed a five-year deal at White Hart Lane, pending a medical.The 22-year-old is set to become the north London clubs' second biggest transfer after Darren Bent, and Modric believes that Spurs have the ability to finally compete with the big clubs in the Premier League and in Europe."I'm happy to be joining such a big club, stated the Croatian midfielder."It will be a real pleasure to play in the English league which is the best in Europe, with three English clubs in the semi-finals of the Champions League."Dinamo sporting director Zoran Mamic added: "We're very happy. Luka is leaving for an environment where he's going to progress, while Dinamo showed that we know how to do good deals."

Guest F.O.S

Saw this earlier tis morningDem ones were u have to look at the tv 5 or 6 times because you think your still half asleepVery good signingWould sick if Berba stayed aswelA full season out of Hutton, King, Woodgate, Bale and can see Totty going for a top4 place again..IMO you should try and sign Frey if he doesnt move to Milan..

Sick signingi hope we play him AMbare happy that we started early & with such a sick player

Bare hype. People need to relax really.Results on the field>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Results in the transfer market. Totty aint touching us in that aspect.We'll be signing plenty of players in the summer anyway.
So many Haters...
jelousy is a bitchi swear you support Newcastle?LMAOlets see where you finish next season in comparrison to spurs

jkdfjdfsjfdsdssdkfsdsdkjfdkHe supports Newcastle?!And he said -

Results on the field>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Results in the transfer market. Totty aint touching us in that aspect.
How the f*ck does that work when we have won a trophy compared to their 0, and are above them in the league. :D:D:D

He had another great game yesterday for us. And has now been MOTM in 2 of our last 4 games, Blackburn being the other.He started the first half behind Jenas and got about to his orthodox midfield duties. In the second half, Zokora extended his versatility by replacing Hutton at right back, and has now played all across the back four, as well as in midfield. He still hasn’t scored a goal of course, but that doest take away for the fact he had an excellent game, leading a lot of Spurs second half attacks with good penetrative right wing runs. I include myself in the many critics of Zokora, who so often disappoints us when he gets into attacking positions, and fluffs shooting chances. If we focus upon what Zokora does best, he has simpy excelled in our last 4 games commanding the midfield play in his own half, winning virtually all his tackles, and as far as the half way line also opening up the opposition with probing passes of varying range.Yes, he might need to drop to the bench next season, or even be sold. But im warming to him, what he really was bought to do i still do not know, and what his position is, i still do not know, but it looks as if he's finding his feet again. To be honest, i wouldnt be too fussed in the summer if we were to sell Huddlestone and Jenas and keep Zokora. Like Kaboul, im sure these 2 will come good for us.

I sang the Zokora songs :D always liked the guy but lets face it, he plays better in defence than in midfield. Zokora ain't good enough for us im afraid, good versatile player that we SHOULD keep, but he shouldn't be in our first 11. He always tackles his man and gives his all for the team but he doesn't do a simple thing of tracking his man (When games actually matter) same could be said with Hudds and Jenas but like i said, i want a whole new midfield bar Lennon/steed.

Croatia coach Slaven Bilic has said that Juande Ramos' ability to handle top players and the chance of regular first team football means Luka Modric has made the right choice in moving to Tottenham.The 23-year-old play-maker could have had his pick the top clubs in the Champions League but instead decided on White Hart Lane, a choice that has been met with approval from his international manager."Tottenham is a perfect club for Luka. Spurs are a better club for Luka than, for example, Chelsea," said Bilic."Chelsea could have bought him, Lionel Messi and Ronaldinho and then Luka could have ended up on the bench."The message is clear, Modric is better off being the fulcrum of a side out of the Champions League than on the bench for a side that's in it. Bilic's perspective is refreshing and it's understandable that the likable ex-West Ham man has been linked with jobs in the Premiership since masterminding his sides qualification for Euro 2008.Yesterday the diminutive midfielder spoke of his delight at signing for the club and pointed to the persuasive power of Ramos as the key reasoning behind his decision: ""It is a big thing that Ramos wanted me in Tottenham so much."Ramos's desire was my major motivation to play at White Hart Lane."Modric watched as his new side played out their fourth successive 1-1 at home against Bolton yesterday afternoon and although the story was a familiar one - spurs were wasteful in front of goal - the performance featured the effort and desire that have been distinctly lacking over the past month. It's difficult to escape the feeling that everyone at the club is longing for the season to be over and forgotten.As for Modric, Bilic is in no doubt at to the impact he will make next season: "I'm certain that Luka will become their main power, the star of the team."