lol Intresting fact...

Young £

The law won't change.Football is a job, would you be happy if your work imposed this rule? That your work must have "X" amount of people born and raised in England who could be less qualified than say someone from South Africa who is far more educated and qualified. To me if you're good enough for the job you will get it, where you're from shouldn't matter.They should stop bringing Wenger and Arsenal into this debate it's boring it's not his fault that England can't win anything, it's not his fault that the FA is a joke, it's not his fault that there isn't enough talented players coming through. It starts at a young age.In Four Four Two he was asked the question about Sepp Blatter wanting to introduce this quota and if it would be bad for the Premiership."I'll always fight fanatically against all the quota systems. I find them utter rubbish. I think that sport is just because it rewards the best. You could be my son but if you're not good enough then you don't play at Arsenal. You could be the son of Tony Blair but if you're not good enough then you don't play at Newcastle. Sport should reward the best. If you're good enough my friend, you play - no matter what your name, colour or passport.Your signings suggest you don't think young English players are good enough for Arsenal. What changes would you make to the system to improve the development of English players?"England wasted too much time but I think the changes I would like to see have now been made. By that I mean, when it comes to young English players, you need to detect them, select them, target the work and then integrate them into the teams. But the response needs a bit of patience as it takes time. Working with a youth team for one year doesn't automatically get you good players - they need five, six, seven years to develop. At Arsenal we have English U17 players who are fantastic. Believe me they're really good. You can already the improvement in terms of the results of England's U17 and U19 teams. There are one or two players who really could be stars of the modern game for England. But I can't give you their names because I don't want to ruin the possibility of getting them here at Arsenal!"Blatter is a prick anyways this is the same guy who took a back hand of cash, wanted women to wear tights shorts for football and the World Cup every 2 years. Also says footballers are "artists".Finally they need to introduce Futsal in this country look at Messi, Ronaldinho and Kaka.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the average level of English players is higher than average players in other leagues, appart from Argentina & BrazilWe play the game at a greater speed, we dont play slow posession footballI dnt know what the problem is tbh, coz we could keep the ball even in 04 Scholes, Gerrard, Rooney kept the ball.I know some italian pundits were saying their World Cup success was down to more home grown players playing in Serie A.

the thing is english players play at greater speedbut because there is so many foriegners in herethey can now play that aswellhowever the english players with the exception of a few cant play slow possesion footballand in a tournament you need to do that

the average level of English players is higher than average players in other leagues, appart from Argentina & BrazilWe play the game at a greater speed, we dont play slow posession footballI dnt know what the problem is tbh, coz we could keep the ball even in 04 Scholes, Gerrard, Rooney kept the ball.I know some italian pundits were saying their World Cup success was down to more home grown players playing in Serie A.
So?So what about when France were running things in world football?Teams don't win international tournaments because of the current state of their league otherwise the likes of Brazil, France, Germany, Holland wouldn't be elite teams because none of those countries have had exceptional leagues...EVERY national team has a distinctive playing style and this is driven in their heads at young age. Again, this a matter of it being taught at a grassroots level...

the thing is english players play at greater speedbut because there is so many foriegners in herethey can now play that aswellhowever the english players with the exception of a few cant play slow possesion footballand in a tournament you need to do that
Exactly...So if I was a club manager, should I play the foreigner who could be of a similar talent but can adapto different styles or the home-grown player who can't?

So?So what about when France were running things in world football?Teams don't win international tournaments because of the current state of their league otherwise the likes of Brazil, France, Germany, Holland wouldn't be elite teams because none of those countries have had exceptional leagues...EVERY national team has a distinctive playing style and this is driven in their heads at young age. Again, this a matter of it being taught at a grassroots level...
France league is sh*t & they pay peanuts, so ur players benefit from playing abroadIts unbalanced coz they all come ova here but we dont go over there and we dont get enough chances in our own league.The players we have prduced in the last 10 is on the same level as any other country

France league is sh*t & they pay peanuts, so ur players benefit from playing abroadIts unbalanced coz they all come ova here but we dont go over there and we dont get enough chances in our own league.The players we have prduced in the last 10 is on the same level as any other country
So WHY does the country CONSISTENLY do bad in tournaments?Am I going in circles or something?Anyone with a little bit of footballing knowledge knows its because England don't play football that's cultured enough.What I've been saying is these other countries, Germany, France, Argentina, Italy, Spain, Brazil are taught at a grassroots level how to play at such a level.

The fact that them players I mentioned had squad numbers, got payed wages & trained with the 1st team takes the biscuit imo.Its not a question of what English players I wanted at Arsenal its purely down to keeping the English game in tact..For English coaches, managers & players the influx of foreigners is scary coz all these foreign guys keep it in the circle and give jobs to there fellow countrymen.
The point is none of them players blocked any English player at the club from playing - Stephen Hughes, David Platt, Paul Merson, Ray Parlour, Matthew Upson, Lee Dixon, Steven Taylor, etc where all ahead of them man.and could I argue that the point that the fact man like Ian Selley, Graham Barrett, Vince Bartram, Tommy Black, Jimmy Carter, Jason Crowe, Mark Flatts, Kerrea Gilbert, Rohan Ricketts, Jay Boothroyd, Ryan Smith, got squad numbers, wages & trained with the first team takes as much of the biscuit???
Almunia is no better than Stuart Taylor, Steven Hughes>>>>Grimandi etcThe English league pays much more than alot of leagues across the world, thts why foreign guys are preared to be bit part players coz their pockets are getting filled. Id rather have English players in reserve than guys from France etcI know the attitude of English players when they are up & coming is poor as some think they are superstars but boy the problem needs 2 be resolved.Them in the red plus Isaih Rankin and a few others were highly rated as youts, id rather have them in reserve than Pal Lyderson, John Jensen, Glenn Helder etcPeople cant chat sh*t about the level of English players coz in the last 10 years we have produced some quality players, up there with the best.
Almunia is the current Arsenal number 1, yeah that sucks, Stuart Taylor is the current Aston Villa number 3...You know why Boothroyd was sold right? Look where Ricketts is now?So why the need for qouta's then?

Football is a education, too many English players are still stuck on the basis off what they grew up on in parks, just wanting to kick ball till it gets dark.Its why a lot are ill-discliplined in regards to being patient in waiting to play and why English players cant/dont play slow football and just keep the ball.

Look, blame arsene for all of Englands troubles.How many English players play abroad?On a level, i dont think other countries rate English as much as English rate English.If that was the case English players YOUNG AND OLD would be headhuned all the time from foreigh teams, does that happen to the same scale as foreign players? NoEnglish players are NOT PREPARED TO LEAVE THIS COUNTRY.How many 16year olds would leav thier nation and go play in an different country and exceed overcomng all the obstancles.Man like Ryes get slated, he coundthack it, he tried it and it wasnt for him , but at the same time it experience hes getting. Only experience english players are getting is englsih experience. Beckham, owen, ince, woodgate are only a few names who have gone abroad. Rush, Hughes also that i can remember. So when all national teams link up, what new qualities and extras are they bringing to the table?Brazillians, Argies, French, German, African, Italian even the USA, they are binging variou knowledge and experince of playing in a different culture, different styles etc.England, as much ''foreighns '' there is in the premiership, still are only brinin a little slice. Football is Global now, wake the f*ck up and move with the times. England has 50 odd million people and they all wanna play in the premiership, it cant work. Brazil what 200 odd million, france50 odd, spain 50 odd, germany 80 odd. You cant stick 2 your own nation, there aint enough space. Holland and portugal what there total populations probablyisnt as much as england yet they can match england in a game and have more players abroad. England wake up and smell the coffee, the riting is on the wall, open your eyes.

Tottenham boss Juande Ramos has dismissed a buy British policy at White Hart Lane."In today's football you don't need to look at passports or identity cards," he said."What we are going to be looking for is quality players. I'm trying to get players who are going to be playing well for my team regardless of their nationality."

Tottenham boss Juande Ramos has dismissed a buy British policy at White Hart Lane."In today's football you don't need to look at passports or identity cards," he said."What we are going to be looking for is quality players. I'm trying to get players who are going to be playing well for my team regardless of their nationality."
Nice, irrelevant point there.We have a British backbone to our team so he doesnt need to buy British anyway. Unlike some....

Nice, irrelevant point there.We have a British backbone to our team so he doesnt need to buy British anyway. Unlike some....
He will flud the place with Grade A Spanish waste just like Benitez didIf he buys Kanoute he should be shot with a carbon 15Also he needs 2 get the best outta Huddlestone, hes got bare potential

He will flud the place with Grade A Spanish waste just like Benitez didIf he buys Kanoute he should be shot with a carbon 15Also he needs 2 get the best outta Huddlestone, hes got bare potential
You obviously know what has been said regarding these 2 players and Spurs.So dont fire subliminals.

I know Huddlestone has the potential to be a great playerI also know Kanoute never fully adapted to English football, he is the same flimsy Kanoute just playing in an easier less physical league...he is 30 years old now loolI repeat "If he buys Kanoute he should be shot with a carbon 15"

No ones doubting Tommy's ability.But Ramos has said what this whole forum, and our whole fanbase has thought for ages. He needs to loose weight. And if he doesnt the consequences could be severe, out in January with a transfer back to Derby.As for Freddi, i dont care, he will be sick till he retires, great player.Freddi>>>>>Defoe