lol Intresting fact...

Young £

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The quota needs to be brought in. There are players in this country with the potential to be as good as Fab and Ronaldo etc etc.Just cos they dont blossom (no homo) as early as others they dont get the chance to prove it.If teams were made to pay attention to developing youth players rather than scouting around the world, the same qaulity of players would be produced, a slightly higher initial cost, but over time it would save money, and (Hopefully) english football...ie the national team.

The quota needs to be brought in. There are players in this country with the potential to be as good as Fab and Ronaldo etc etc.If teams were made to pay attention to developing youth players rather than scouting around the world, the same qaulity of players would be produced, a slightly higher initial cost, but over time it would save money, and (Hopefully) english football...ie the national team.
Who right now from the up and coming youth do you see being as good as Fab or Ronaldo? If that is the case then they will make it cause talent will always come through in the end.The national team does not have a problem of having enough gifted players. Individually they have one of the most gifted teams in the world but the problem with them is no passion, no heart and the inability to adapt to the players around them for there country. If anything its not the rise of foreign players in the league that is affecting the national team its the flowing football that most up and comers want to play that hinders Englands process on international level. Growing up they want to be flashy, play fast, free flowing football and for there clubs that is alright but when it comes to England it seems they dont want to change and try a different approach.

This is why I'd stay in this country for LIFE and not support the national team at all.
Most waste comment you've ever made on here
Are you dumb?Are we talking about the same footballing nation?The same footballing nation who threatened the life of David Beckham, threatened to murder and rape his family?The same footballing nation who'd rather scapegoat one or two individuals instead of looking at the general picture?The same footballing nation who'd rather show their xenophobic colours then analyse what the true problem is and that's quite frankly, their footballing culture is mediocre...I mean, for a good 20 years, from what I know, the way the team is set up is a shambles...Plus, I'm French you degenerate. Know yourself...

Rafa & Wenger & Ramos is gonna save england by producing the next batch of england stars.Adam Hammill is the Joe Cole hybridPaul Anderson is the better version of Aaron LennonJack Hobs is their future center back lynch pinWhile Jay Spearing is the english MakeleleArsenal and Spurs have a few english lads in the pipe line aswellfuture is alright but not great

Yep deffo need to introduce a limit on foreign playersFor every Pires we have 5 Ziegler's or Stalteri's
The 5 Ziegler's or Stalteri's dont play for Arsenal...
CorrectWe had..Gile GrimandiNelson VivasRemi GardeOleg LuzhnyTomas DalenvichiousStephan MalzIgor StevanosAlex SongRami Shabban etc

Experienced back-up that where never first choice...Nelson Vivas - 39 Argentian caps...Oleg Luzhny - 60 appearances for Ukraine...Gilles GrimandiRemi GardeNever or Hardly ever played for Arsenal, hardly blocking anyone chances... Tomas DalenvichiousStephan MalzIgor StevanosAlex SongRami Shabban etc

The fact that them players I mentioned had squad numbers, got payed wages & trained with the 1st team takes the biscuit imo.Its not a question of what English players I wanted at Arsenal its purely down to keeping the English game in tact..For English coaches, managers & players the influx of foreigners is scary coz all these foreign guys keep it in the circle and give jobs to there fellow countrymen.

The question is why should Wenger give a f*ck about the English national side? His job is to worry about how Arsenal perform as that is what he is judged on. Not his problem England can't qualify from a group that contains "Croatia and Russia" hardly heavyweights of European football are they!?

the less foreign players then the more teams will focus on producing english talent instead of taking them for barcelonathe only reason english players cost so much is because there is so few of themso many waste guys in the premiership who dont deserve to play here
its about having the best players if a manager sees a 15 year old from barca youth team n he looks like he could be a world beater why the f*ck shouldnt they bring him over not ture there isnt many good english playerscant argue with the last bit tho but at the same time there plently english players that sud never be playing in the prem

this topic always turns into the same thing, Arsenal fans defending Wenger's policy like their lives depend on it.For obvious reasons encouraging promising English players to gain experience in place of mediocre foreigners is likely to be beneficial for the national team.Fact is every team in the premiership is guilty of buying foreign players that are no better than the players available here. They might be cheaper to buy but the majority of them flop and lead to managers buying a string of foreign replacements. To me it makes sense to give the opportunity to a youth team player or take a chance on a player from a lower league who shows some promise.The Zola's, Henry's and RVN's are valuable additions but the Kvarme's, Taibi's and Remi Gardes aren't improving the premiership.

The fact that them players I mentioned had squad numbers, got payed wages & trained with the 1st team takes the biscuit imo.Its not a question of what English players I wanted at Arsenal its purely down to keeping the English game in tact..For English coaches, managers & players the influx of foreigners is scary coz all these foreign guys keep it in the circle and give jobs to there fellow countrymen.
The point is none of them players blocked any English player at the club from playing - Stephen Hughes, David Platt, Paul Merson, Ray Parlour, Matthew Upson, Lee Dixon, Steven Taylor, etc where all ahead of them man.and could I argue that the point that the fact man like Ian Selley, Graham Barrett, Vince Bartram, Tommy Black, Jimmy Carter, Jason Crowe, Mark Flatts, Kerrea Gilbert, Rohan Ricketts, Jay Boothroyd, Ryan Smith, got squad numbers, wages & trained with the first team takes as much of the biscuit???

I think the fact that most of you are neglecting, the quality foreign buys that play first team for Arsenal are quality and compared to even the UK's finest talents not many can argue be it talentwise or talent vs finance wise... For example...Fabregas >>>>>>>>>>> CarrickImposing a quota would hinder Arsenal to an extent, but it WOULDNT change the English game WHATSOEVER!The bottom level clubs would still sign Johnny Foreigner, and when a lot of you talk about English players outside the top 4 being in the top 4 clubs its rarely as a starter but as a squad player, "xyz could do the same job as Flamini or Senderos"... Being a squad player at a top 4 club doesnt push you into becoming a player that can help the national team or wouldnt Scott Parker improved when he went Chelsea & grabbed a bunch of England caps? Wouldnt SWP have lead the national team to glory in the World Cup? Has Sidwell got the chance to play in the big European club competitions, improve and break the national team? Hmm... Last time I checked the players breaking into the national team where Nicky Shorey, Micah Richards, Jolean Lescott, Gareth Barry, Emile Heskey... None of which play Champions League football or European football...

This whole thing gives me joke because they're talking as if foreigners being in the game, is hindering the likes of David Beckham, Frank Lampard, Steven Gerrard, Joe Cole, Michael Carrick, SWP, Michael Owen, Wayne Rooney, Peter Crouch from being able to play possession-based, cultured football on an international level.Yet, out of the names mentioned, there was only player who broke into the Premiership when there weren't as many foreign players as there is today (David Beckham)...Too many xenphobes...

The point is none of them players blocked any English player at the club from playing - Stephen Hughes, David Platt, Paul Merson, Ray Parlour, Matthew Upson, Lee Dixon, Steven Taylor, etc where all ahead of them man.and could I argue that the point that the fact man like Ian Selley, Graham Barrett, Vince Bartram, Tommy Black, Jimmy Carter, Jason Crowe, Mark Flatts, Kerrea Gilbert, Rohan Ricketts, Jay Boothroyd, Ryan Smith, got squad numbers, wages & trained with the first team takes as much of the biscuit???
Almunia is no better than Stuart Taylor, Steven Hughes>>>>Grimandi etcThe English league pays much more than alot of leagues across the world, thts why foreign guys are preared to be bit part players coz their pockets are getting filled. Id rather have English players in reserve than guys from France etcI know the attitude of English players when they are up & coming is poor as some think they are superstars but boy the problem needs 2 be resolved.Them in the red plus Isaih Rankin and a few others were highly rated as youts, id rather have them in reserve than Pal Lyderson, John Jensen, Glenn Helder etcPeople cant chat sh*t about the level of English players coz in the last 10 years we have produced some quality players, up there with the best.

Almunia is no better than Stuart Taylor, Steven Hughes>>>>Grimandi etcThe English league pays much more than alot of leagues across the world, thts why foreign guys are preared to be bit part players coz their pockets are getting filled. Id rather have English players in reserve than guys from France etcI know the attitude of English players when they are up & coming is poor as some think they are superstars but boy the problem needs 2 be resolved.Them in the red plus Isaih Rankin and a few others were highly rated as youts, id rather have them in reserve than Pal Lyderson, John Jensen, Glenn Helder etcPeople cant chat sh*t about the level of English players coz in the last 10 years we have produced some quality players, up there with the best.
So why can't they do this on the international level because this is where this whole argument is stemming from?

A tournament comes around every 2 years, only 1 team can win..England have been poor in Euro 92, 2000 & WC06 since ive been watching football.Argentina, Spain, Portugal, Holland have all failed to deliver at major comps (Argies only at WC)
The argument that's been pushed CONSISTENTLY by English football analysts, pundits etc has been that the continued underachievement of this nation has been down to the influx of foreigners, right?You do realise that out of all the major teams that have underachieved, England is the only country to push this argument whilst I believe its quite obvious that it isn't the case.Again, the national team is incapable of playing possession-based, cultured football. I mean, even Greece were able to hold on to the ball effectively when they won Euro 2004.Now, why are England not capable of doing this?Is it because the likes Salteri, Ghaly etc are keeping the Stephen Marney's out of the 1st team?NO...It's because these English youngsters aren't being schooled in the same way the youngsters in France, Holland, Spain, Italy are being schooled at a GRASSROOTS stage...