WHEN YOU REACH A CLUB...

CRLS AGAIN

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

GarageBasslineGrimeFunky HouseCant stand rnb or hip hop in a club these days.Bashment does my head in after hearing the same riddim for anything longer than 5 mins.
Your an Aff innit?
i would 100% agree with this (not the aff bit the music bit), i hate it when u hear the same beat 10 times in a row. Never been to a bashment rave but when i listen to chris goldfinger, i swear he plays the same riddim for about 20mins (btw did u get that shootout instro?)
Yeah. When your out you will never hear more than 4 pieces on one riddim when out. If your not into bashment hard you wont understand. When listening to bashment or your apart of Dancehall culture you will be listening to the tunes on the beat, not the beat alone.The history of this bare tunes on one riddim stem back to the days of toasters and earlier DJs when the used to go to sessions and everyman would spit different lyrics over a beat, long before tunes were cut in studio, DJs would make them up on the spot most of the time and just spit them. Now when tunes are cut in studio the dancefloor still gets that same feeling of different DJs on one riddimLike I said, if you dont understand the culture you wont get the many tunes on one riddimParty doesnt start til the Dancehall starts to fling, even in "mainstream" clubs the levels riseHowever, if you were brought up on Reggae and still feel this way, then your mind has been conditioned, standard
Your ' Dancehall is better than everything' crusade is getting annoying. I'm Dominican & Nevisian.I understand the culture of dancehall riddims but when I'm in a club I aint interested in putting why a DJ is playing the same beat for 10 minutes in historical context.the amount of foolish dances in bashment has put me off as well.
Psshh small island hatred for Jamaica still exists?Its all jokes man, dont take it too seriouslyJust like the Bassline/garage debate, take offence and you lose really

on saturday i went to one birthday thingthe dj was a d*ckheadhad sometpain bartender-funky house mixand some sh*t j-holiday funky house mixi felt to stunner him over the decks
haha im a bit hiphop head, by nowadays i can only rave to funky, tribal, broken beats, i would befo rave to dubstep tho

GarageBasslineGrimeFunky HouseCant stand rnb or hip hop in a club these days.Bashment does my head in after hearing the same riddim for anything longer than 5 mins.
Your an Aff innit?
i would 100% agree with this (not the aff bit the music bit), i hate it when u hear the same beat 10 times in a row. Never been to a bashment rave but when i listen to chris goldfinger, i swear he plays the same riddim for about 20mins (btw did u get that shootout instro?)
Yeah. When your out you will never hear more than 4 pieces on one riddim when out. If your not into bashment hard you wont understand. When listening to bashment or your apart of Dancehall culture you will be listening to the tunes on the beat, not the beat alone.The history of this bare tunes on one riddim stem back to the days of toasters and earlier DJs when the used to go to sessions and everyman would spit different lyrics over a beat, long before tunes were cut in studio, DJs would make them up on the spot most of the time and just spit them. Now when tunes are cut in studio the dancefloor still gets that same feeling of different DJs on one riddimLike I said, if you dont understand the culture you wont get the many tunes on one riddimParty doesnt start til the Dancehall starts to fling, even in "mainstream" clubs the levels riseHowever, if you were brought up on Reggae and still feel this way, then your mind has been conditioned, standard
Your ' Dancehall is better than everything' crusade is getting annoying. I'm Dominican & Nevisian.I understand the culture of dancehall riddims but when I'm in a club I aint interested in putting why a DJ is playing the same beat for 10 minutes in historical context.the amount of foolish dances in bashment has put me off as well.
Psshh small island hatred for Jamaica still exists?Its all jokes man, dont take it too seriouslyJust like the Bassline/garage debate, take offence and you lose really
lol I was waiting for the small Island talk, ur a typical Jamo by the sounds of it.I'll stick to the natural beauty of my small islands....sommat you wouldn't really know much about cos your countrymen took an AK to it biggrin.gif

Your an Aff innit?
lol I was waiting for the small Island talk, ur a typical Jamo by the sounds of it.I'll stick to the natural beauty of my small islands....sommat you wouldn't really know much about cos your countrymen took an AK to it biggrin.gif
Have you guys got an individual culture yet or you still living off ours?I'd rather have little sections where crime is high with a culture like ours than have beaches and more beaches!!! :DBeaches are everywhere, so is the sun, culture as strong as ours isnt!!!