I need a job

L

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Been with this company for 11 years straight from college kind of fell into it at the time. It started off as an admin job that a friend of the family got me. After a couple of years i was promoted and sent to college to qualify as a credit controller in the company then 3 years after that i was promoted into field account management and sales.this was never what i intended to do but as i got more into it i began to enjoy it but now after 11 years im kind of bored with what i do now so whilst im on maternity leave im going to look for a new career to start on.
You must be well paid
i used to think so until i moved to london and realised i can do much less for much more hence me looking for another job end of the year.

I can't get a job for sh*t, although i'll admit i'm not trying that hard. Moved to Canterbury and thought i'd apply at a few places one music shop in particular, they sell music hardware gear everything from drum machines to decks, after all that's the area i'm qualified in. But there's too many f*cking uni students, i handed my CV in and the guy said "we'll arrange a trial date" never got back to me - went in there to check they'd blatantly employed someone else. I think i didn't fit in with the 'crowd' they all looked like heavy metal fans.

I have had many jobs....I've the done the retail route... JD's, Footlocker...IKEA...most were hooks up. (the only thing these jobs were good for was discounts and speechin girls)I finally landed my first proper job when I applied for a office role @ HMRC. Money was ok, people were jokes...but it was a lazy job...with no real career prospects, and working on flexi-time is not healthy...I use to drive in to work at 12:00 sometimes and leave at 4pm...lolanyway after a few years of taking the piss @ HMRC, I had to give myself a kick up the arse...took a marketing course, and last year got a job in an organistion as a communications officer...hopefully with all the experience I'm gaining the only way is up from here.It's funny how things work out, because all my life I studied graphics with the intentions to be a designer...

I want to work, but i hate early mornings (working shifts in a pub messes with ur routine) and i don't want too many hours - i spend too much time doing music and going Gym, if i started at 9 and finished at 5 by the time i've gone to the gym and had a mix i've go no time for anything else - which sounds like a sh*t excuse but once i find the right job i'll know.

when i used to work in retail most c.vs were just left aside or thrown in the bin. you have to ask if they are recruiting. ive walked in places and asked to speak to the manager and has always been likely to get me an interview. but thats just my experience. i work as a assistant manager, im 21 now and wanna be the manager, not a fukkin assistant manager

when i used to work in retail most c.vs were just left aside or thrown in the bin. you have to ask if they are recruiting. ive walked in places and asked to speak to the manager and has always been likely to get me an interview. but thats just my experience
I hate when people do this when Im at work. I ask them what its regarding and 9/10 times its to hand in their cv.

when i used to work in retail most c.vs were just left aside or thrown in the bin. you have to ask if they are recruiting. ive walked in places and asked to speak to the manager and has always been likely to get me an interview. but thats just my experience
I hate when people do this when Im at work. I ask them what its regarding and 9/10 times its to hand in their cv.
lol coz its hard to get a job these days i understand for some people, but me, i try every tactic

Friend told me about the vacancy.Friggin hate it though, money is sick but its the most boring, brain numbing thing ever.how people do sh*t like it for 18 years of their life is beyond me.
Truss me!I hate retail, its so repititive.
Im leaving in a few weeks, and they are proper tryna get me to stay there for life SMH. Hold Tight, the M&S Gang though. Time an a half on sunday is alot, and cheap food!

anyway after a few years of taking the piss @ HMRC, I had to give myself a kick up the arse...took a marketing course, and last year got a job in an organistion as a communications officer...hopefully with all the experience I'm gaining the only way is up from here.
I'm looking to go into Communications, and on looking at prospective jobs for after uni I have seen Communications Officer as most likely. I'm going to PM you later and ask some questions about it fam.

Getting a retail job is hard. People need to stop chatting sh*t about it is easy. Aside from there beign tonnes of competition, it can be so demoralising, you will want to become a bum. I swear I just have bad luck. There was a time around xmas I was getting interviews left, right and center, but I know becuase I was at Coventry uni they weren't giving me the job, irregardless of teh fact I told them I would work every saturday and sunday until the end of term where I would work absolutely any day they wanted. Only good thign that came about was M&S, and that's because my successful application lasts for a year. Come summer, will just look for one in London and work my arse off.