Arsenal are saving english football

n/a

Are Arsenal saving English footballPremier League Arsenalby cheese85 12 February 2008Arsenal have very few players in their first team squad and a foreign manager. one point against.They are the only English owned club in the Champions League. one pointThey play english style attacking football the way it should be played. one pointThey produced more players for the last England 11 than any other team. one pointWhen we did have English players they were Englands best performers in competition. 2002 Campbell World cup team. 2004 Ashley Cole 2004 Euro Team. one pointIn the youth setup of every premiership club Arsenal and Middlesborough have the fewest foreign players. 1 each.The all important one.England are a poor football team because they are technically inferior to all top nations.If a generation of English kids are brought up watching Arsenal who are maybe the best technical team in the world, certainly the premiership, then maybe they will learn how to play attacking team football rather then look at Chelsea and play route one.Also the behaviour of the foreign stars off the field is perfect, something that has destroyed many English players and prospects.Bentley recently said that he left Arsenal because it wasn't fun, and Cashley Cole left through greed and to go out all night with his England buddies.Arsenals players talk of teamwork and hard work and respect the club.Loyalty is another word that is described as being 'English'.Sol Campbell, Ashley Cole, Rio Ferdinand, Alan Smith, Rooney, Lampard, Defoe, are all English players who have moved to rival clubs after claiming to 'love' their club.Arsenal over the last 10 years have had numerous foreign players that were true and loyal to the club.VieiraPiresBergkampLjungbergLaurenHenryEduas well as most of the current squad.All left on good terms with the fans acceptance and towards the end of their careers.I would say that Arsenal are doing a lot more for English football then people give them credit for and that anyone who believe's that they are assisting Englands downfall are completely ignoring the roots of the problem that Arsenal are slowing trying to correct.comment on this article | alert

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

English players aren't good enough, thats why they're not going to be playing football this summer.Micah Richards is the only English player outside the top 4 that would hold down a place in Arsenals starting 11. I could be cheeky and throw Gerrard in there now. biggrin.gif Think long and hard before quoting that.Arsenals football>>>_______________

English players aren't good enough, thats why they're not going to be playing football this summer.Micah Richards is the only English player outside the top 4 that would hold down a place in Arsenals starting 11.
This statement highlights why me and a few Arsenal fans dnt get along... This post is stupid, ignorant and just plain dumbWhat a ludicrous statement...

English players aren't good enough, thats why they're not going to be playing football this summer.Micah Richards is the only English player outside the top 4 that would hold down a place in Arsenals starting 11.
This statement highlights why me and a few Arsenal fans dnt get along... This post is stupid, ignorant and just plain dumbWhat a ludicrous statement...
Wouldnt take it that far..I'd say Rooney, Ferdinand, Brown, *edit bitches*, Carrick maybe, King, Lennon could all challenge for first team places at arsenal.And of course, Richards.All of those players you would be glad to have at Arsenal yes? with the POSSIBLE exception of Carrick, he does not really fit in with your style of football.

Oh andlol @ cipher thinking N'Zogbia is English.
Oh andlol @ cipher thinking N'Zogbia is English.
biggrin.gif
:DThat was stupid I know, forgive me.Was jus syain him cuz of the headline about you going for him recently..I was syain him though cuz he is not too dissimilar to walcott/how clichy was when he first joined you.

Cypher. I said OUTSIDE of the top 4 teams.

As for you.Since it's so dumb, name 10 and i'll happily retract my statement, call myself a plonker and stick a clown in my avi for a month.

As for you.Since it's so dumb, name 10 and i'll happily retract my statement, call myself a plonker and stick a clown in my avi for a month.
Hold down or fight for a first team place?bentley, ferdinand, a.cole, swp, j,cole, brown, rooney, gerrard, james, carrick, lennon, king, maybe ashley young and wayne bridgeprobably missed a couple out aswell

Hold down or fight for a first team place?bentley, ferdinand, a.cole, swp, j,cole, brown, rooney, gerrard, james, carrick, lennon, king, maybe ashley young and wayne bridgeprobably missed a couple out aswell
FAIL.OUTSIDE THE TOP 4 CLUBS. NOT INCLUDING CHELSEA, MAN UTD OR LIVERPOOL.CAN'T YOU PEOPLE FUCKING READ?

FAIL.OUTSIDE THE TOP 4 CLUBS. NOT INCLUDING CHELSEA, MAN UTD OR LIVERPOOL.CAN'T YOU PEOPLE FUCKING READ?
lol thing is, man saw that, and then it diddnt even register.I still say Lennon Would get in though, King too.

biggrin.gif at all those in red.Would get nowhere near.Brown :D

lol thing is, man saw that, and then it diddnt even register.I still say Lennon Would get in though, King too.
Lennon ahead of Hleb?King ahead of Toure or Gallas?Both them man are good don't get me wrong, but dislodge them man, no.

FAIL.OUTSIDE THE TOP 4 CLUBS. NOT INCLUDING CHELSEA, MAN UTD OR LIVERPOOL.CAN'T YOU PEOPLE f*ckING READ?
Ye i was saying all the english players who would get into the arsenal team regardless of what team they play for.richardsyoungjamesbentleylennonkingagbonlahorwoodgateashtonsteven taylorcurtis davisgareth barrydefoemichael johnsoneach would challenge for a first team place at arsenal and some would push for the first XI straight away.