What should an urban drama in North/East/South London be like?

2deal2

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What Toney is saying about guys claiming certain ends is true.One guy in my uni has claimed he lives in Kennington, Brixton and Camberwell, yet has one yard. There's a difference between living on teh borders and claiming certain areas. If you are from Mitchum, you are from Mitchum, not Streatham. If you are from West Norwood, you are not from Brixton. Period.Numero, that whole argument holds no weight on either side as we can't ask people to do a survey, so let's leave it at that.
tongue.gif Dem ones. People claiming multi-ends gives me joke"Wha gwarn, long time""Yeah blud mans been on deez roads still""Seen. Where you living now?""f*ck*ng, Kenat'n, Stockwell and Brikkie innit"I asked where you live not where you step foot. I used to buss joke and ask them if they live in a caravan now.Not gonna lie, I buss the 3 endz talk tho. My postcode is the only thing that correlates with my area. Out of date innit

As much as I HATE south... It has that greaze factor (LOL) Im more shook to walk through bits of south than say Harlesden/willesden/neasden yea there are some serious estates such as stonebridge and st raphels... but I feel more at ease in NW than south... no shook cat.
That's because you live there.If you didn't live in those ends, try and tell me you would feel safe walking through South Kilburn estate, Stonebridge estate, or St. Raph's estate. Not a chance.
Not even... I moved like a decade ago... so I only visit. Maybe because im not familiar with south so im kinda shook.
It was a typo. I meant to say lived there. I'm cautious if I'm not in ends I am not familiar with, but that's standard as being a male problems can occur alot more easier out of your neck of the woods. As for south, I maintain it is living off the hype of badness. Like say the hype there I can't see in Kilburn. I'm a grown guy, you tihnk I'm going to be like "In peckham, nah bruh, we can't go there. They stab people you know?".

What Toney is saying about guys claiming certain ends is true.One guy in my uni has claimed he lives in Kennington, Brixton and Camberwell, yet has one yard. There's a difference between living on teh borders and claiming certain areas. If you are from Mitchum, you are from Mitchum, not Streatham. If you are from West Norwood, you are not from Brixton. Period.Numero, that whole argument holds no weight on either side as we can't ask people to do a survey, so let's leave it at that.
:D Dem ones. People claiming multi-ends gives me joke"Wha gwarn, long time""Yeah blud mans been on deez roads still""Seen. Where you living now?""f*ck*ng, Kenat'n, Stockwell and Brikkie innit"I asked where you live not where you step foot. I used to buss joke and ask them if they live in a caravan now.Not gonna lie, I buss the 3 endz talk tho. My postcode is the only thing that correlates with my area. Out of date innit
LOLThis guy I was talking about before I'll talk to him and be like "I have to go Camberwell to check m boy laer", and he'll be like "oh seen, those are my ends".Later, I'll be like "I was at my friends hosue on Vassel road on Ramsey estate", and he'll be like "ah yeah, Vassel Road, that's my bits fam".Later, I'll be like "My aunt lived on Coldharbour Lane I think nearer Clapham that Brixton Road, of course he was like "yeah that's my ends fam".Later, I'll be like "my boy moved to peckham, I need to check him still", and he'll be like "yeah bruh, hat's my ends still". mellow.gif I feel like asking sometimes if he is homeless because this guy comes like South is one road and he has one house hat extends the whole road.

Guest AnkleMurda
every ends has parts dat are greezey doen - edminton?nw - stonebridge, harlsdene - newhams - brixton, peckham w - acton, bushdont watch the spelling....
What? Wood Green, Tottenham, Holloway, Finsbury Park.....?

Guest Got Dat Cronik
every ends has parts dat are greezey doen - edminton?nw - stonebridge, harlsdene - newhams - brixton, peckham w - acton, bushdont watch the spelling....
man was simply gibing an examplehe cant b listing out all enz init

Guest AnkleMurda
LOL I seeBut at least give an example you can spell properly laugh.gif:D

zimme...i just naming the ones off the top of my head....if u wana go away and compile a list feel free....

Question.Who is anyone on here to say that the American productions ('The Wire, 'Boyz in da Hood' etc) are authentic?Where do you live?
Yanks love it so I took it from there but like I said certain people were saying it wasnt authentic, others call it a cult classic (Boyz in da hood)
LOL!It's a cult classic because it was (one of) the first of it's kind, not for the authenicity. Granted it deals with certain issues but it was far fetched in parts just like 'Kidulthood' from what I can see from here.I would hazard a guess that 'The Wire' is in the same boat.

Alot of people think a greazy area is ANY area there are black/migrant heads.If the area dont have people regularly getting snatched/gunned down on the street, fraud or thieves then it aint greazy, its just an area with a sizeable ethnic population.
agreetoo many heads think they live in a gully area coz they see faces of different colours on a regular basisf*ck outta here with that thinkingedit: nah colin wire is very different

Guest AnkleMurda
Alot of people think a greazy area is ANY area there are black/migrant heads.If the area dont have people regularly getting snatched/gunned down on the street, fraud or thieves then it aint greazy, its just an area with a sizeable ethnic population.
agreetoo many heads think they live in a gully area coz they see faces of different colours on a regular basisf*ck outta here with that thinking
Who the hell thinks that though?

Guest Got Dat Cronik
agreetoo many heads think they live in a gully area coz they see faces of different colours on a regular basisf*ck outta here with that thinking
white pplsee a bunch of ethnic ppl and think o sh*t were in the ghetto

agreetoo many heads think they live in a gully area coz they see faces of different colours on a regular basisf*ck outta here with that thinkingedit: nah colin wire is very different
The only difference in 'The Wire' is the way it's put together. Due to the budget that was put into it. Like has been said, you aint going to get anything like that in the UK (Production wise) for a couple of reasons and probably more.A) Nobody will put the money into it.cool.gif The structure of UK TV.

waltham forest is rough still.looks like its been forgotten about in this thread.Leyton, Walthamstow, Leytonstone Bare estates in there: Priory, Beaumont, O.C, Cathall, BarrierEast is serious Then you got the asian man dem repping from Tower Hamlets Then you got Hackney and Bow . Deep ends.Then take it a little bit further out like Dagenham, Romford you have the white boys who hold it down there.East is inna dis maaaaaaayne.But im from Newham so i stay reppin. Stratford, Plaistow, Forest Gate rough areas still.But TBH south is hype down there.

lol The truth of the issue is whatever ideas these producers do come up with, there will always be anger of misrepresentation etc
real talkin the uk media is sh*t and when it is good EVERY one that thinks they are someone wants to put their piece in and because the uk is so small you cant even sheg man so basically the original plan compared to the the finished product would be so distorted the show WOULD look sh*t.only way a good show representing ORIGINAL quality reppin the uk is if it was filmed in some OFF THE ENDS PLACE (this would deter the time wasters both actors and directors as waste people in media and music etc dont wanna come out of their comfort zone.id even go as far as to say that a good show that could do this properly would have to be filmed in europe somewhere away from people that would wanna try and rob the camera man and basically only have true actors.thing is this could also LOOSE the reality element all know is i feel sorry for any british director planning to do this as working with young people in media is HEADACHE and most of it is caused by laziness and lack of understanding what craft is.

more time black people still

lol The truth of the issue is whatever ideas these producers do come up with, there will always be anger of misrepresentation etc
real talkin the uk media is sh*t and when it is good EVERY one that thinks they are someone wants to put their piece in and because the uk is so small you cant even sheg man so basically the original plan compared to the the finished product would be so distorted the show WOULD look sh*t.only way a good show representing ORIGINAL quality reppin the uk is if it was filmed in some OFF THE ENDS PLACE (this would deter the time wasters both actors and directors as waste people in media and music etc dont wanna come out of their comfort zone.id even go as far as to say that a good show that could do this properly would have to be filmed in europe somewhere away from people that would wanna try and rob the camera man and basically only have true actors.thing is this could also LOOSE the reality element all know is i feel sorry for any british director planning to do this as working with young people in media is HEADACHE and most of it is caused by laziness and lack of understanding what craft is.
The media in this country is not sh*t. Do you know how many programmes get exported to other countries and then imitations are made there.We may think its sh*t coz we live here but maybe someone looking from the outside in may see the British media as brilliant.How do we know that the young Americans think that programes and films are authentic? We just assume that they are but we cannot possibly know if this is true because we do not live there.Hang tite BBC.

its sh*t to most critics from the place it was made in famthats the perspective im talking from i have to be a bit ghetto here and just tell you straight if it dont get love at home it aint gettin genuine love elsewhere imo.therefore its sh*t and im talkin about the hussle and bussle of making it.neo soul was made HERE but guess what your right it blew up outside from where it was made so boy.

The only difference in 'The Wire' is the way it's put together. Due to the budget that was put into it. Like has been said, you aint going to get anything like that in the UK (Production wise) for a couple of reasons and probably more.A) Nobody will put the money into it.cool.gif The structure of UK TV.
simply put, your wrong. the wire isn't a big budget programme and your just wrong

all comes down to making a show and any form of media for the right reasonwhen its made for money it has a shelf life and a limited amount of money it can makewhen its made for a real message when money isnt the issue it CAN be a timeless classic that many other imitations WILL follow and THEY can make money which is why good copyrighting and follow on ideas beyond the original idea can help build up the money.its like an investment dont make much money to begin with but while its coming up ITS HOT when it dies naysayers say what they want but thats when you dont care cos its making money of the people that are LATE.thing with uk sh*t is other places may love it but THEY ARE LATE and it never made money here and it gets ripped off and imitated elsewhere cos uk media BUSINESS just aint THORO its moist as too many people just dont get it.in short a drama show based on the ends cant be the first and final chapter THAT IDEA must be part of a grander scheme and that takes more than just a multimedia student with a camera.

more time black people still

Not that it's relevant in 08BECAUSE YOU CAN GO TO ANY PLACE IN LONDON RIGHT NOW AND GET ROBBED THE f*ck UP AFTER SOMEONE'S PUNCHED YOU FROM OUT OF NOWEHRE AND SCREAMED "WHAT YOU GOT FOR ME BLUD ARE YOU NUTS COMING THROUGH MY ENDS"butEast London >>I remember as a younger, the amount of 'way of life' that come out of East and then the way we just watched all of you man follow...