Are We Ashamed To Be British?

StreetDreams

To those who arent British from many generations ago but are proud to be British: If your Dad raped your Mum would you still be proud of and love your Dad?Just a question
:D :D :D uve lost the plot completely
You was never gonna agree, 'cause youre you. You get my point though, dont you
What you should of said was:If your great great great great grandad raped your great great great great grandma, would you still love your dad?
What I 'C'ould have said, yes. Powers have kinda changed 'cause they dont have whips, but we know who's in control. Country remains the same and has reaped/still reaps benefits from those days so I chose that wayAnd The Member, cool init, do you

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

when u fill in a form what do u put for Nationality:
Black British Carribean
To those who arent British from many generations ago but are proud to be British: If your Dad raped your Mum would you still be proud of and love your Dad?Just a question
Nah he is talking senseone of the countries that raped Africa still. . .

What you should of said was:If your great great great great grandad raped your great great great great grandma, would you still love your dad?
What I 'C'ould have said, yes.
but what u said wasnt a good comparison coz you're not affected by it now

You reckon, yeah? Ok. Not the same, but not affected by it now? Anyway thats besides the point, we know what they did. How can you be proud to be from where f*cked up your homeland? Like lets be real innit, forget the me and mine, bigger scales

You reckon, yeah?
You can't hold today's Britain responsible for what Britain did to Africa generations ago. Especially if u look at the amount of aid given etc.But I know what u mean and i do agree with a lot of what ur saying.

You reckon, yeah?
You can't hold today's Britain responsible for what Britain did to Africa generations ago. Especially if u look at the amount of aid given etc.But I know what u mean and i do agree with a lot of what ur saying.
I wouldnt blame today's Britain at all, but they reap the benefits. So yeah I should have said what you said still. Aid given and what they take back more than balances out IMO though

its kinda like blaming a white person in your age group for slavery
it feels like some people do tbh
Yep,Its whats really been instilled form a young age . . .Every black child by age 5 is aware that they are a minority. . .Not gunna lie. . .I was told I could never trust white people and that they woulkd always secretly hate me :D

some ppl go on like theyre here against their will
a lot of us are thoughwe never chose to come hereour parents or grandparents made that choicesoon as i have the p im chippin
:D come off the hype pleasethis isnt a war torn countrywe are very luckytheres MUCH more advantages than disadvantages of being born or living in britain
dont mean i wanna be here
meh....i just think its stupid to treat living in britain as some big burden coz you have some kind of romantic fantasy of living somewhere else
i dont have any romantic fantasiesi just dont like it herei'll always reach back to london cos thats my home, thats what i know, thats where i grew up, thats the place that has the most memories for mebut i dont like this country, i dont like the weather, i dont like my career prospectsi might not go an live in jamaica, but it will be somewhere other than here

You reckon, yeah?
Innit thats a phail coz african americas are proud of being american (most of them) despite the slavery issues

Guest The Member
britain regards immigrants differently to how america does thats why most pple still claim their parents country.and the colonial past doesnt help.
how?

britain regards immigrants differently to how america does thats why most pple still claim their parents country.and the colonial past doesnt help.
Nail on the head.Being an immigrant in the UK - inevitable isolation.Being an immigrant in the US - same boat as most - country founded on immigration.

how?
well the US was founded on immigration, blacks were taken there forcibly so that bcame their new home, and 500yrs later they cant say where they are from apart from 80% being in west africa. so basically they have been in america right from the beginning.most american ethnic minorites are culturally mainstream today in the US so there is no identity crisis or not as much as britain

You reckon, yeah?
Innit thats a phail coz african americas are proud of being american (most of them) despite the slavery issues
they're history is completely different to oursthose people are lost to say the leastour experience in this country is a completely different one to theirsand that comment about aid being given to africa is rubbishthe west keeps africa down and will continue to keep it down, because if it rises up that will be a serious force to reckon withAfrica has everything it needs to be self sufficient, its like someone kickin you in ur face then helpin u half way up, then kickin u in ur face againpeople think that we have so many benefits in the country and its so great, and in a way we do have a lotbut not one ethnic here is made to feel like this is homethe school system, the judicial systemthe work forcey is it that as a black person ur mum tells u that you have to work 10 times as hard as your white counterpart to get half as farbecause thats the truth, from primary school ive been livin iti would rather be somewhere that, even though theres gna be problems, its something i can deal withyou're never gna change a system where the people that run it dont like you because of the colour of your skin, something that you cant hide and something that you cant change

Guest The Member
how?
well the US was founded on immigration, blacks were taken there forcibly so that bcame their new home, and 500yrs later they cant say where they are from apart from 80% being in west africa. so basically they have been in america right from the beginning.most american ethnic minorites are culturally mainstream today in the US so there is no identity crisis or not as much as britain
ok

tbh as long as we have that victim mentalitywe wont get nowhere
Very true, but only aslong as you let it get you down to the point where you dont try and settle for second best. Thats when the problem arises. It's all about knowing who you are, recognising who they are and defeating them. Too many people are on a sell-out/conformist mission because it's easier. f*ck that! Morally I can not allow myself to get like that. If you or anybody else does, good on them. Doesnt mean I'll respect your choice but I have the right to disagree.p.s. I saw what happened with the little Carpe thing but I'm not that guy to kick when your down. Bare that in mind innit

For some reason people always seem to conveniently forget that America was founded on slavery and exploitation, instead its the country of immigrants where everybody is equal and the roads are paved with gold.
well it has also done more to 'repair' what can never be truelly repaired than britain/europe has. and 001.. what do u mean by the little carpe thing?

Ethnics seem to have less chance of making it in America generally (90% of the prison population is black/hispanic), but theyve somehow got a potential black President.Same way most ethnic minorities live in ghettoes but theres no homegrown terrorism in America, even Muslims sing the national anthem etc. in school.