Are We Ashamed To Be British?

StreetDreams

Little thought I was pondering on when I was buzzing...Reason I asked this is, everytime someone over here gets asked where they are from, they will reply Jamaica or some exotic country most times and ignore the fact that they was BORN HERE and some of the times NEVER BEEN TO THEIR ROOT COUNTRY...Where asI know an American girl, who has parents of Jamaican descent, yet she regards herself as American as that is where she was born...Why is this?Do you class yourself as British and if not, why not? :D

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I am proud but its the stupid tree hugging goverment not want to offend no one and dont instill national pridenational anthem (reckon it should be changed to brittania) needs to be pledged everyday in class at school wether ur christian, muslim, hindu etcwhen england are playing how can people be glad they are losing? its where you are from it is you how can u be happy at england losing its like you enjoy watching someone get beat who represents youpeople who say they are from next land and dont care for here go back to ur land and see if they accept u

yep let me lighten itwhen ur on holiday do u lot back next english people do u beef other countries?done a ting with some german chick then we had beef with these german guys in tenerefein turkey some beer belly pub guys back us against some locals when they found out we were englishhad argument with some yanks out in jamacia i was talking about the telly while i was in the pool and the guy thought i was cussing his tee shirt

yep let me lighten itwhen ur on holiday do u lot back next english people do u beef other countries?done a ting with some german chick then we had beef with these german guys in tenerefein turkey some beer belly pub guys back us against some locals when they found out we were englishhad argument with some yanks out in jamacia i was talking about the telly while i was in the pool and the guy thought i was cussing his tee shirt
yh thats standardmost nights on holiday i end up wit a bunch of random english screamin racist chants rainbowin carslast holiday it kicked off n ended up bein these bunch of camp londoners vs every1 elseneedless 2 say they got left in a puddle

I was talking to my mates yesterday in the pub, and one of them (which is white) was asking why do ethnic people in this country don't class themselves as English, and i couldn't really answer that question.Why do ethnic people don't class themselves as English?