Are We Ashamed To Be British?

StreetDreams

Samiad, you should learn to put those playground instances behind you, not cool dragging them thru life with you, i feel for u bein 1 0f a kind but hey, thats life, u coulda been fat or thin it still woulda been the same, kids are cruelin regards to university, in every uni colours stick together, get used to it, and whilst we're at it... i dont remember a shitload of black people wanting to know my name at uni, get over ityes white people will make comments bout black people, vice versa that sh*t, its nuffin, jus dont catch feelings from itif you wanna stand on a podium and shout 'racism must die' den cool, but dont base your argument on wot u THINK is goin on BEHIND ur backif it aint in ur face, it doesnt affect u, jus brush ur shoulder offoh and hello Carpe, it was a theoretical test for the people in the thread who i believe suffer from paranoia more than they do racism

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Certain people are getting confused between playing the victim and acknowledging something exists, yet succeeding in spite of it.
dont be stupid
Sorry what?Back up your point or shut the f*ck up.
no one is gettin it confusedand when you said shut the f*ck up u sounded serious so let me say thisi beg you watch who your talking to like that
Anyone coming with the "Victim" talk is clearly getting the two confused.You're a joke fam

in my school i was the only black girl in my yearand yes people did tell nigger jokes, and yes everyone did larfi have too many stories to be bothered to go into, but i went through a lot while i was therefrom teachers an from my peersi am now at uni, and theres a whole load of white people who are completely ignorant to black peoplewho dont wanna talk to you unless you put urself directly in their facewho run their own little prejudice jokes amongst themselves, i see it and i hear it myselfin peer assessments, black people and asian people always do worse than the white people, and it is not because we havnt contributedit was so bad at one point that they had to lower the percentage that the peer assesment was worth otherwise too many people would have got bad marksits ok if you dont believe me or you think im making something out of nothing, i dont really carei jus kno i am aware, and i get on with what i have to doim not beggin no one for nothing in this country or anywhere else, and im not letting no ones ignorance stop me from achievingi could have fallen off a long time agoso its never a victim thing
I know what u mean about the uni people who dont wanna talk to u unless they have too. Ive come across this bare times in presentations and allsorts.

Guest The Member
Certain people are getting confused between playing the victim and acknowledging something exists, yet succeeding in spite of it.
dont be stupid
no one is gettin it confusedand when you said shut the f*ck up u sounded serious so let me say thisi beg you watch who your talking to like that
Anyone coming with the "Victim" talk is clearly getting the two confused.You're a joke fam
yeah im joke...

just to add creamyi dont go around labelling everyone racistthe last thing i want to believe, is that someone held me back cos they are racistcos it means to me that, i didnt have a chance in the first place and that i wasted my timeand i dont wanna go around not tryin things because someone might be racist and stop mei give anyone benefit of the doubt first timefurther more i dont care if some old anybody dont wanna talk to me racist or not, from it dont affect my life its nothing to me

I tihnk Creamy is coming with the best points tbh.When I was younger I've had kids say things about me being black etc and I am very aware that SOME white people will probably make nigger jokes when there are no black people about. HOWEVER, I am also aware that the people maknig these jokes are not actually racist - in that they dont actually hate black/asians whatever, or even if they are, moretime they arent in a position where their racism is actually able to affect me or anybody else.

dont be stupid
i fail to see how you come to that conclusion.

Samiad, you should learn to put those playground instances behind you, not cool dragging them thru life with you, i feel for u bein 1 0f a kind but hey, thats life, u coulda been fat or thin it still woulda been the same, kids are cruelin regards to university, in every uni colours stick together, get used to it, and whilst we're at it... i dont remember a shitload of black people wanting to know my name at uni, get over ityes white people will make comments bout black people, vice versa that sh*t, its nuffin, jus dont catch feelings from itif you wanna stand on a podium and shout 'racism must die' den cool, but dont base your argument on wot u THINK is goin on BEHIND ur backif it aint in ur face, it doesnt affect u, jus brush ur shoulder offoh and hello Carpe, it was a theoretical test for the people in the thread who i believe suffer from paranoia more than they do racism
Are u sayn that a group of 5 black people not wanting to know ur name is equal to a group of maybe 100 white people not wanting to know a black persons namePinsMinorityMajority. . .Another thing I dislike about BritainFlipping amazing 10 out of 10 abotu establishing problemsbut they just live with it

i just feel like when i rep britain im reppin all the bullshit the gov/elite are on...
Thats the way they want you to feel but always remember that they are meant to serve us and we put them in power.We can take things back with the will of the people to expose the criminal elites in positions of power.This country belongs to the people and we are what makes this country what it is today.If people who are born here and do not want to feel proud to be British then it will only eat them up living in a country that they do not feel proud to represent. The elite want you to hate your country and to destroy sovereignty of nations. You dont have to be proud of what your government does but at the actual fact of the beauty of Britain and the great people who make up this country.

dont be stupid
The majority of posts so far have been acknowledging the presence of racism, and the general disadvantages ethnics in this country have.Unless I've missed someones post, I havent seen anyone complaining or using this as an excuse for any of their shortcomings, or failings.My point is no-one is playing the victim. If anything they are living their lives how they want, but are still aware of what is going on around them.Having a chip on your shoulder would be failing at something, and being too blind to blame it on your own inability, rather than racism. Something Ashman (I see you posting) tends to do.

im not draggin them through life, but u asked what have i experiencedas i said, i got stick from teachers as well, these are people who have a great deal of control over my future at at a certain point in timean you're right about unibut what i've also clocked is, these same people are the people that i will be working with in my industrythose same people at school are the same people who will be the future leaders of this countrymy point is that i seen these people from young, i see where they are coming from and how they act and how they thinkits the same place that the people who are currently running the country are coming fromand they wont change because they met one black girl at school, they go back to their livesand i dont blame them, cos thats how they live, they dont need to know black people, they dont need to be nice to black people, they jus carry on with their own mindset cos thats all they knowand when they get into positions of power, i guess in certain instances they will mask how they really are because its not pcbut they will exercise their mindset through other avenuesobviously these days u cant prove a lot of racism that happensi am not paranoidand as i have said time an time again in this topic, none of this is holding me backi would jus rather be in a place where even though there maybe other problems racism isnt one of them

I tihnk Creamy is coming with the best points tbh.When I was younger I've had kids say things about me being black etc and I am very aware that SOME white people will probably make nigger jokes when there are no black people about. HOWEVER, I am also aware that the people maknig these jokes are not actually racist - in that they dont actually hate black/asians whatever, or even if they are, moretime they arent in a position where their racism is actually able to affect me or anybody else.
Racism doesnt have to be a white man in a white hoodsayn lynch those niggerssRacism is singling out a person by race...which is what those Jokes do....Meaning they are racist... jokes...

maybe some people do play the victim, but ur being very patronising as well. dismissing everything as one should get over it, as if she said she's gonna drop out of uni, or samiad said he now has flashbacks when he sees any playground. do u think anyone is really stupid enough to claim that white people dont A: get bullied by police, get cheated by 'the system', get turned away bcos of their looks, accent or heritage? consider this, british women...of all races may still be underpaid and face sexism in the workplace, but there was a white female PM. the head of state is a white woman, and there are only white women in the top corporate british companies as CEOs or VPs, and ministers in govt. does this mean there are no successful non white women? no, but just like the men the most successful non white immigrants have all done so in private ventures. thats the best route to rise above the glass ceiling and institutionalized racism (which is very different to a woman not answering you when you asked for frigging directions), its the route my parents took, and one i am taking. if you can see the drift in that then maybe you should calm down with ur patronizing bullshit

Swear white people not talking to black people at uni is more of a cultural thing?Seeing as most white people at uni will tend to be well off etc., most black people won't.If a white guy from the bits was at uni I'm sure he would probaly be more inclined to mix with black people, having grown up in the same environment.I dont go to uni, im just speculating.

Swear white people not talking to black people at uni is more of a cultural thing?Seeing as most white people at uni will tend to be well off etc., most black people won't.If a white guy from the bits was at uni I'm sure he would probaly be more inclined to mix with black people, having grown up in the same environment.I dont go to uni, im just speculating.
not even jus black people and its not jus them not wannin to talk to u we had a influc of iranians come in this yru wanna hear some of the sh*t the white people come out withbout learn english or go home and other sh*tthese times now the iranians are f*ckin them over on tutorials and autocadthese bloody iranians this, that reh teh tehand even if it is a cultural thing, dont mean that the way they act is correct

Are u sayn that a group of 5 black people not wanting to know ur name is equal to a group of maybe 100 white people not wanting to know a black persons namePinsMinorityMajority. . .Another thing I dislike about BritainFlipping amazing 10 out of 10 abotu establishing problemsbut they just live with it
no i am not saying that, and why u think i might be saying that shows confusion in ur post.
just to add creamyi dont go around labelling everyone racistthe last thing i want to believe, is that someone held me back cos they are racistcos it means to me that, i didnt have a chance in the first place and that i wasted my timeand i dont wanna go around not tryin things because someone might be racist and stop mei give anyone benefit of the doubt first timefurther more i dont care if some old anybody dont wanna talk to me racist or not, from it dont affect my life its nothing to me
Samiad, this post shows the exact (positive) attitude that contradicts the whole 'you dont know what its like for us day to day' argument, stick to this way of thinking for maximum resultsi for one am a firm believer that anyone who believes they are being held back by institutionalized will overcome any obstacle they choose to by refusing to believe that racism actually exhists, instead of moaning about wot may or may not even be there

this topic REALLY needs to be lockedthis is the reason why race topics wern't allowed on the old rwd
Why lock it?Silencing is part of the problem.Reading things like this gives people a view into certain peoples perspectives. You can learn so much just from a thread like this.Whether the points that are being made or right or bullshit you're still getting insight into how people feel on this issue.

maybe some people do play the victim, but ur being very patronising as well. dismissing everything as one should get over it, as if she said she's gonna drop out of uni, or samiad said he now has flashbacks when he sees any playground. do u think anyone is really stupid enough to claim that white people dont A: get bullied by police, get cheated by 'the system', get turned away bcos of their looks, accent or heritage? consider this, british women...of all races may still be underpaid and face sexism in the workplace, but there was a white female PM. the head of state is a white woman, and there are only white women in the top corporate british companies as CEOs or VPs, and ministers in govt. does this mean there are no successful non white women? no, but just like the men the most successful non white immigrants have all done so in private ventures. thats the best route to rise above the glass ceiling and institutionalized racism (which is very different to a woman not answering you when you asked for frigging directions), its the route my parents took, and one i am taking. if you can see the drift in that then maybe you should calm down with ur patronizing bullshit
calm yourself Carpe, as you say, i was talking to one person not everyone, my comments are aimed at people who I BELIEVE throw the word 'racism' about too freelyand yes, i agree with your talk of CEOs and VPs, but that is a place very few people get to, and would be silly to bring into a conversation like say... the uni one, which many here can connect within regards to ur comments about "droppin out of uni" and "playground flashbacks", i think you read a bit too deep into that one, on the other hand, nothing i said regarding those two topics was patronizing in the slightestand the word patronizing, you use twice in ur attack, which makes me laugh as u still have no idea why people dont like you here, clever Carpe, but not that clever

dont be stupid
The majority of posts so far have been acknowledging the presence of racism, and the general disadvantages ethnics in this country have.Unless I've missed someones post, I havent seen anyone complaining or using this as an excuse for any of their shortcomings, or failings.My point is no-one is playing the victim. If anything they are living their lives how they want, but are still aware of what is going on around them.Having a chip on your shoulder would be failing at something, and being too blind to blame it on your own inability, rather than racism. Something Ashman (I see you posting) tends to do.
When talking about the victim stuff, i was referring to people saying about stuff on a day to day basis. we dont live under jim crow, i dont think anyone suffers ona day to day basis.

Guest Robin_Van_PersG

not particularly proud to be a brit but Recognise England does offer opportunities greater than most nations. You'll never see me in an England shirt but you'll never hear me screaming 'f*ck england' either. Let me say it like this - i find it hard to rep England as i don't feel it reps me, how many black people have really made it in England? Bare mixing/watering down of black people (no racist) and a loss of culture, Infact what is black british culture? grime!! Black americans have identity and figures and achievements to be proud of that may be why they feel american, same for the italians and other ethnics.

on a level thoughallow patronising mecos u honestly do not knoi havnt even bothered to go into what i really mean with concerns of institutionalised racismbecause i know u will disregard it
ok, i'm sensing u think i'm patronizing because thats wot Carpe said...?this is not true, i have observed your posting for enough years to get an idea of what you think of race and racism, this is why i challenge you, its jus healthy argument, nothing morean please dont drops bars bout "i havent even used my biggest point cos i know you'll bla bla bla", either argue ur point or gtfo (no harshness)i'm trying to be diplomatic here, i swear