This Ongoing Lil Wayne Hype

Goddaz

Guest Cousin Of Sleep

Im not sure what peopel are arguing over lollipop for?The song is abysmal, club & p*ssy or not.As a song, its not good at all, in anyway, massive let down for his album.Probly still get called a classic though even if it is filled with similar tracks by his hordes of adolescent fans..

If your opinion on a song changed via hearing it in a club, 90% of the time its because of the reaction from girls in the club. Who dont like the song that got them p*ssy/numbers that night?! Same way I know when most guys go to a club for the first time & get no love, they come back to their bredrins like "ahh that club's sh*t" BUT if they stayed 10 minutes more and found some stragglers the nightclub suddenly got "on it gash".Thats why when dudes say that have you heard it in a nightclub/it sounds good in a club sh*t, I think the short skirts is clouding your judgement. Same way people buy into saying its a hit record cos it was on the radio every hour... The point I'm making is if you think your musically urges cant be forced the same way your sexual urges can, then the labels got you a long time ago & you dont even know it cos they connected hip hop & sex a LONG time ago...
Bullshit. You have to hear a song in the correct environment. If I hear a song through my TV or shitty PC speakers in a social environment its not gonna sound the same as if I hear it on my mp3 player or in a club. When you listen to, say a thought-provoking song on your mp3 whilst on a long journey somewhere, you'll hear lyrics you didnt even know were there before or see the song in a different light because you're in the right environment for it. Same as if you hear a club song in a club or a neo-soul song played live.The radio thing I'll agree with for the moment.And Carter II > Carter
LOL.

If your opinion on a song changed via hearing it in a club, 90% of the time its because of the reaction from girls in the club. Who dont like the song that got them p*ssy/numbers that night?! Same way I know when most guys go to a club for the first time & get no love, they come back to their bredrins like "ahh that club's sh*t" BUT if they stayed 10 minutes more and found some stragglers the nightclub suddenly got "on it gash".Thats why when dudes say that have you heard it in a nightclub/it sounds good in a club sh*t, I think the short skirts is clouding your judgement. Same way people buy into saying its a hit record cos it was on the radio every hour... The point I'm making is if you think your musically urges cant be forced the same way your sexual urges can, then the labels got you a long time ago & you dont even know it cos they connected hip hop & sex a LONG time ago...
Bullshit. You have to hear a song in the correct environment. If I hear a song through my TV or shitty PC speakers in a social environment its not gonna sound the same as if I hear it on my mp3 player or in a club. When you listen to, say a thought-provoking song on your mp3 whilst on a long journey somewhere, you'll hear lyrics you didnt even know were there before or see the song in a different light because you're in the right environment for it. Same as if you hear a club song in a club or a neo-soul song played live.The radio thing I'll agree with for the moment.And Carter II > Carter
Got to agree with you on that oneALOT of times I have listened to a tune on my laptop and not felt it much,Put the same tune in my car with a little bit of bass kicking and it's a whole different matter..

i know its personal pref, but just wondered (as i respect ur musical taste) how comes you personally like 2 over 1??
Everything. Lyrics, flows, met's, voice, delivery, cohesion, variety of beats and concepts, better songwriting. Carter I still sounds like 90s Cashmoney, which is a gift and a curse. Back then when they first made their impact it was something fresh and worked for them, but by the time Carter I came out, to me, it sounded dated and regional. As crazy as it may sound, Mannie Fresh leaving helped Wayne progress. He explored different producers such as Heatmakers, Timix and Batman as well as Cool and Dre who all produced major beats for him that complimented his style. Not for one second am I taking anything away from Mannie Fresh's previous catalog or a few tunes that he has made since then, but he wasnt the dude for me by time Carter II came around. The beats werent hard enough, too melodic and bouncy as opposed to thumping bass drums, catchy melodies and captured the darker side of the South that Jeezy had previously helped to make popularMy opinion for those that are gonna get all upset

Got to agree with you on that oneALOT of times I have listened to a tune on my laptop and not felt it much,Put the same tune in my car with a little bit of bass kicking and it's a whole different matter..
I must be the only one with good speakers on my PC then...

I must be the only one with good speakers on my PC then...
Nah bruv, what you said is none sense. Its not only speakers but right environment and mind-frame

Ok, Numero.Your making me do it...What is the right environment for listening to "Lollipop"? The right mindframe for listening to "Lollipop"?This should be fun...
Ideally (not personal choice) I would guess in a club, just before the DJ drops Usher's Love In This Club and you've got a girl on the sofa's, legs wide open and just approaching the time to make resturant under gyal dress.

His swagger carries him.That's it.He is nothing special. I seriously couldn't understand why he is so hyped, epsecially after I download Carter II because of the hype. If it was a ting of punchlines, Fab and Lloyd Banks would be caking on different levels.

Mixer you c*nt he is alright stillI will up a few tunes for you to listen to if you want
My sig says it all famAnd save yourself the time, his voice is so jarrinId rather listen to a cat in a blender
:D You know my depth of hiphop knowledge I wont lose sleep over you not rating weezyThink he is good myself but unlike consistent mcs with him you have to take the good with the bad60% sick lines and 40% basic ones

Ok, Numero.Your making me do it...What is the right environment for listening to "Lollipop"? The right mindframe for listening to "Lollipop"?This should be fun...
Ideally (not personal choice) I would guess in a club, just before the DJ drops Usher's Love In This Club and you've got a girl on the sofa's, legs wide open and just approaching the time to make resturant under gyal dress.
SMH. You are aware you've jsut basically agreed with what I previously said...
LOL @ believing that was a real answer

even if Numero had dropped that particular statement seriously he wouldnt have been agreeing with TFTF asked Numero what his ideal environment for the track would be, not what environment helped him decide he liked the tune, SMH at TF, again

Still waiting...

even if Numero had dropped that particular statement seriously he wouldnt have been agreeing with TFTF asked Numero what his ideal environment for the track would be, not what environment helped him decide he liked the tune, SMH at TF, again
I swear some of you are as thick as sh*t or dont read along properly.Numero said to appreciate a song you have to take the song in, in its environment... did he not?! If your unsure I suggest you read back...I then asked what that was for Lollipop then? As that environment is what he is saying helps you decide...Now either learn to read or keep up, its not that hard. SMFH at this bird thats playing tag with my quotes like the hip hop room's version of Rsonist in the Sports room.

lol at short skirts clouding your judgementi dont get the argument really..some songs are made for clubs and some arent right?hence artists saying they "made it for the clubs"are u saying they didnt really make it for the clubs, and the females reaction is what is influencing us?

& Yeh for the record, for someoene so 'respected' I think Wayne sporadically puts in the worst punchlines ever. Hot like lightso high I could eat a starcol' like keyshias familyGet in your head like shampooIm so f*ck*ng baby its like im sleeping with birdman
lol at the those bars, man was actually creasin.I aint gonna lie I havent heard enough of him to make a fair verdictall I've herd is countless features on distorted fones wid da volume blazin to the maxbut those bars are that is sigworthy materialYouve made my night (no homo)
LOL @ YOU MANWAYNE IS THE BEST RAPPER ALIVEHE IS A f*ck*ng SPITTERNOW HE IS SOOO DRUGGED UP AND WANTS TO MAKE WHAT HE WANTS, HE WANTS TO BE A BETTER ARTIST NOT A RAPPER, SO HE HAS KIND OF FALLEN OFF IN THE LYRICS DEPARTMENT, BUT HE IS STILL CAPABLE OF BEING THE BEST, AS "A MILLIE" SHOWS, AND HOPEFULLY AS CARTER 3 SHOWS, COS HES ALBUMS ARE MILES HARDER THAN THE MIXTAPES WHEN IT COMES TO LYRICS, BUT BEFORE HE WASN'T AS DRUGGED UP AS HE IS NOW, HE WAS REGULARLY TEARING sh*t TO THREADSSSSI BEG MAN LISTEN PLEASE, HE'S ACTUAL LYRICS ARE TOO UNDERATTED (excuse the caps lock)f*ck it, ill add some more"Murder capital, only key to survive is killIf the elements don't murder you the riders will fo real,And niggas know I goes hard to the fullestGet involved, and I got' em' playing dodge ball with bulletsYeah,I got the sawned off, fully in the sean john hoodyGet f*cked ya play p*ssy!We hit em' up while they ain't looking, and them body shots hurtBut the head shots TOOK HIMDamnAnd if the read dot spot him then the hollow head got himKnock his top to his bottom jack,You see me grind to the bottom just to make it to the bottomAt the very bottom of the mapLou-easy-ana piranhas everywhere you atYou gotta wear an extra condom and an extra gatYou bitch could get it for acting like a manThem niggaz in Pakistan ain't packin' like ya man"Real sh*t I'm ducking bombs from a drug war,no religion but the cops swear that I'm a drug lord"Even deaf bitches say hi to me, she tell a blind bitch and she say "i gotta see"""I'm The Man In This B*tch, They Say Money Talks Well...I'm The Ventriloquist""That's a hockey team and i ain't on no hockey team. but I'm a champion. Where's the f*ckin Rocky Theme!!!"Y"oung desperado straight out the grottoI'm so bad my shadow chooses not to followLittle nigga but see me as a f*ckin' rhinoLil Weezy hit this bitch like Rocky MarcianoIt's a drought ain't it? How the f*ck would I know?Nigga I been gettin' my Cher in (share in) like Sonny BonoI ran the streets... check my bioI started high wit' two O's just like Ohio""call me young dictionary/ I make words make sense""Rapping is my hobby,my house has a lobby,where bitches act snobby,because i feed em thousands,i know that didnt rhyme, but im only being honestyou cant pay me in cash, so now im only seeing commas""me and my man want that grade a paper, so call us studdy buddies""I'm so ahead of these trendy rappers speed upI'm already hot when another one startin to heat upGot Mannie hot wit me cuz I always beat his beat upYall cats wit y'all feet up, are startin to look like feet up" <--- you dont get it, it just goes so over ur heads60% of the time people think hes chatting sh*t, and aint got a god damn clue..BEST RAPPPER ALIVEEEESINCE DA BEST RAPPER RETIRED