Is GTA4 Overated????

Badman

Well I havnt finished the game yet but Im at the stage where all the map has been unlocked and only now can I get an overall picture of the game itselfand thinking about it I am left only slightly disapointedGamespot and IGN rated it 10.0 a perfect scorethere is no doubt in my mind its a great game and justified its hype but in all honesty it does not deserve 10 out of 10For me San Andreas is a far superior game in terms of what you can do for example the minimal flight options in GTA4 is one of the drawbacks and its too urbanised for me its all 1 big city one thing I loved about S.A is that one of the islands was just mostly country side and long drives which I thought was sickin GTA4 its all more or less the same loads of houses and bare industrial compounds which makes it slightly repetativeand on the sea front there wasnt much going on their eitherCars - who remembers on S.A when you get all them sick stock cars and race them on the trackin terms of originality come on now its all been done before with not more to addthe only thing about GTA4 that is superior to the others is the graphics of course what do you lot think?

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i agree its a sick game, hardest out atmbut no way is it a perfect game, in terms of game play san andreas>>gta4its like they sacrificed the game play for the graphics. but the city is f*ckin impressive the way they took time with all the intricate detailthey shud integrate these graphics and the gameplay of san andreas into the next gta along with a larger city, possibly with a countryside, (which WAS sick), this will be a sick formula for a game imoi also remember san andreas being longer, i basically started the game properly on friday and finished last night. then again i can only blame myself for playin nonstopi dnt think the buildings are repetitive at all tho, they put bare effort into making sure that every area is different and it shows

Its too easy thats my main problem. Some of the missions are ridiculously easy to do. I still play it but the hype has died down quite a bit. Still the sickest game out hands down but i've never seen a gta game being completed as quickly as people are completing this.

Well I'm pissed cuz I would dis-agree with this topic up untill I completed the game yesterday.Wtf the last mission is sh*t, the ending I was like wtf have I really completed this titles n credits jus flyin down out of no where and I've only done 60% so whats the rest then finding little pigeons n sh*t f*ck that I want a long game not something I can complete in a couple of days then search for pigeons.

Yeh it is.Storys better than ever, but the hours just arnt in it any more... The others ones I could play and play and play, even witht he missions finished, cos there was soooo much to do.They tried to take this out... to make it more realistic and add in multi player to give us the hours... but multiplayer is average IMO.It's a fantastic game, and easily a 9/10, but its my 4th favourite GTA ever.

i agree its a sick game, hardest out atmbut no way is it a perfect game, in terms of game play san andreas>>gta4its like they sacrificed the game play for the graphics. but the city is f*ckin impressive the way they took time with all the intricate detailthey shud integrate these graphics and the gameplay of san andreas into the next gta along with a larger city, possibly with a countryside, (which WAS sick), this will be a sick formula for a game imoi also remember san andreas being longer, i basically started the game properly on friday and finished last night.
wow is it really that short?but is that an issuecoz like i completed cod4 the day i got it but it dont make the game overratedand to be honest i've never bin a fan of any of the liberty city games but this 1 is the best gta by a mile but i do prefer the san andreas storyline to this 1

Some of the ways it could of been better- More variety of cars- The city DID get too repetitive so islands could of been different- The kill this person or kill that person got rinsed- I think the game should of carried on with you as crime lord/mafia boss

i agree its a sick game, hardest out atmbut no way is it a perfect game, in terms of game play san andreas>>gta4its like they sacrificed the game play for the graphics. but the city is f*ckin impressive the way they took time with all the intricate detailthey shud integrate these graphics and the gameplay of san andreas into the next gta along with a larger city, possibly with a countryside, (which WAS sick), this will be a sick formula for a game imoi also remember san andreas being longer, i basically started the game properly on friday and finished last night.
wow is it really that short?but is that an issuecoz like i completed cod4 the day i got it but it dont make the game overratedand to be honest i've never bin a fan of any of the liberty city games but this 1 is the best gta by a mile but i do prefer the san andreas storyline to this 1
On what difficulty?

Guest haze-e

COD4>>>>GTA4For longevity. Both have VERY short single player but COD4 has an impressive Multiplayer.If any of these should be 10/10 im rating COD4 higher.

comparSanAndreasLC2.jpgheres a comparrison between S.A (left) and GTA4 (right - sorry couldnt find a better pic of this map)personally I think S.A map is far superior its not just urban houses and instustrial sitesS.A got a bit of everything (3 airports, area 51, Diamond mine, large parks, etc)

For all that disagree can you please offer your opinions why you think its THAT game as in it deserves to be perfect and why you (I asume) its better than san andreas or even vice city
Haven't played either of these games. I just feel the game is too sick, it's like all things are possible, from taking a train to getting in a cab. The realism is unbeliveable.

For all that disagree can you please offer your opinions why you think its THAT game as in it deserves to be perfect and why you (I asume) its better than san andreas or even vice city
Haven't played either of these games. I just feel the game is too sick, it's like all things are possible, from taking a train to getting in a cab. The realism is unbeliveable.
you not playing either of these is an INSTANT fail!

I used to own a Nintendo Wii.I guess thats another fail.

I used to own a Nintendo Wii.I guess thats another fail.
Wii's are coolthough mine is collecting dust until SSB:B comes out