FAO people who go for a sight test..............

Kim

Went Specsavers yesterday and found out my eyesight in my right eye has got worse :(
it could be astigmatism?did the optician mention anything like that
:blink: nah he didnt.What is it (i'm really lazy to check google).It used to be -1.75 or -2 now its minus 2.25. My left is -2

Went Specsavers yesterday and found out my eyesight in my right eye has got worse :(
:blink: nah he didnt.What is it (i'm really lazy to check google).It used to be -1.75 or -2 now its minus 2.25. My left is -2
Astigmatism is an optical defect, whereby vision is blurred due to the inability of the optics of the eye to focus a point object into a sharp focused image on the retina. This may be due to an irregular or toric curvature of the cornea or lens. There are two types of astigmatism, regular and irregular. Irregular astigmatism is often caused by a corneal scar or scattering in the crystalline lens and cannot be corrected by standard spectacle lenses. Irregular astigmatism of the cornea can be corrected by contact lenses.Regular astigmatism arising from either the cornea or crystalline lens can be corrected by a toric lens.In some cases it can get treated...but if it gets severe then glasses will be needed

Astigmatism is an optical defect, whereby vision is blurred due to the inability of the optics of the eye to focus a point object into a sharp focused image on the retina. This may be due to an irregular or toric curvature of the cornea or lens. There are two types of astigmatism, regular and irregular. Irregular astigmatism is often caused by a corneal scar or scattering in the crystalline lens and cannot be corrected by standard spectacle lenses. Irregular astigmatism of the cornea can be corrected by contact lenses.Regular astigmatism arising from either the cornea or crystalline lens can be corrected by a toric lens.In some cases it can get treated...but if it gets severe then glasses will be needed
Thank youI can actually see but nt great distances. I have glasses tho.