FAO: (Former) University Heads

spiderman

maybe if i moved out i would of been more content and had more fun, but i can almost gurantee if i did the same course it would be restricted and limited + the added costs.theres advantages of bein in london aswell, so overall i dunno if id be much better off. i probably wouldnt be here saying i hate it though LOL.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

uni was sh*t for me.but that's cause i stayed in London and stayed at home.didn't get the full 'experience'.and no matter what people say the 'experience' is essential (well imo anyways)plus my Uni was crap in terms of creating that Uni experience.felt it more when i went and visited friends outside of London, the gulf in enjoyment was massive!but yeah, Uni serves it's purpose man, allows you to add to your CV and jump a few steps (depending on what you do).but nowadays you gotta think about it properly, just jumping into Uni for the sake of it is silly.
Took the words right off my fingertips. Articulated my exact thoughts.The 'uni experience' is important - but it's not just about having fun. It's supposed to be an opportunity for your personal growth, steps into independence and finding your path. But if the environment is preventing that, you will be VERY pissed off, especially when it's been endlessly hyped beforehand as the best time of your life. It gets extremely frustrating to find it's not - even more so when your peoples elsewhere are having a 3-year rave. Living at home with a LONG commute to a socially dead uni is not the one.I am glad for having gone though. Became a lot more mature through the hardship, and the knowledge gained was invaluable.

uni was sh*t for me.but that's cause i stayed in London and stayed at home.didn't get the full 'experience'.and no matter what people say the 'experience' is essential (well imo anyways)plus my Uni was crap in terms of creating that Uni experience.felt it more when i went and visited friends outside of London, the gulf in enjoyment was massive!but yeah, Uni serves it's purpose man, allows you to add to your CV and jump a few steps (depending on what you do).but nowadays you gotta think about it properly, just jumping into Uni for the sake of it is silly.
Took the words right off my fingertips. Articulated my exact thoughts.The 'uni experience' is important - but it's not just about having fun. It's supposed to be an opportunity for your personal growth, steps into independence and finding your path. But if the environment is preventing that, you will be VERY pissed off, especially when it's been endlessly hyped beforehand as the best time of your life. It gets extremely frustrating to find it's not - even more so when your peoples elsewhere are having a 3-year rave. Living at home with a LONG commute to a socially dead uni is not the one.I am glad for having gone though. Became a lot more mature through the hardship, and the knowledge gained was invaluable.
ye the burn im feelin is a lot, as u can tell LOL.but the way i made what id call "half a save" was legendary. gonna remember this period of my life for different reasons. the personal growth was equivalent to an epiphany.

Another person with the same thoughts! As I said before, I really enjoyed the course so no complaints on that front, but yeah, I have no friends to show for it :mellow:

it aint for the weed heads. weed meks u lazy.end of.
lol i hope ur not implyin im a lazy weedhead.i dont bun at uni 9/10 times. dats just irresponsible. i only bun outside of uni.and im not even lazy wen im high, infact ive done some immensley long stuff wen im charged.bruv from time i can rave harder than most lean and monged, lazyness isnt an issue.if your lazy, your lazy. weed doesnt effect that trait im afraid.

If I had gone to uni straight after my A-levels, I would have come out last year and gone into an entry-level job. By now I probably would now be in a "2nd job" position on about £18,000.Im so glad I dropped out.
but ur a bumass teaboy wannabe masterstepz at the bbc though, so suck your nigerian mum
LMAO :lol: :lol:

Pissed for you init. I had a great time. Guess you either chose the wrong uni or don't interact well with different people.
wrong uni for social. right uni for the degree and probably money money money.i interact with people fine.
Well uni ain't about everything. I have seen from the last 2 weeks that if I'd gone to Warwick I would have hated it. Suck it up and get on with it. It'll be over soon. Just make sure you work even harder so it won't be a TOTAL waste.

Pissed for you init. I had a great time. Guess you either chose the wrong uni or don't interact well with different people.
wrong uni for social. right uni for the degree and probably money money money.i interact with people fine.
Well uni ain't about everything. I have seen from the last 2 weeks that if I'd gone to Warwick I would have hated it. Suck it up and get on with it. It'll be over soon. Just make sure you work even harder so it won't be a TOTAL waste.
ye im dealin with it, not about to drop out anytime soon at all.its not even a partial waste cos at the end of the day uni is FOR EDUCATION FIRST. as long as a get thru it im fine, even if i didnt enjoy it along the way. the secondary bit, the social bit, i make of it what i can and im moderately satisfied with my social life overall, even if it extends beyond uni cos im at home. its nt completely deadout so its not a complete sacrifice.id say going to a lower scale uni that offers a lower degree but great social life is MORE of a waste in the long term than my situation. you may have a sick social life but its at the price of your EMPLOYABILITY. social life at uni only lasts for a few years where as a degree is for life. you cant put down you had a sick social life on your CV.so ye your right, it will be over soon. then i will be better off than the people at lower uni's. they might of not had the choice to get into anything better so fair do's, but i did and wen i look back ill probably thank myself that i did it cos the world is only gettin more competitive.

leave then gang lifes too short to do sh*t u hate doinreal talk
Abaaaat.Spiderman don't leave, just finish that sh*t up and move on to earn some real pees.Not about not having qualifications and earning good legal pees. Do you really wanna envisage yourself 30years on £10 an hour or working for your pops or something like.

If I had gone to uni straight after my A-levels, I would have come out last year and gone into an entry-level job. By now I probably would now be in a "2nd job" position on about £18,000.Im so glad I dropped out.
but ur a bumass teaboy wannabe masterstepz at the bbc though, so suck your nigerian mum

One minute everyone is "yeah yeah uni is the best" and now in here the same people are like "yeah uni is sh*t still" hmmm. I know Uni aint gonna be the best time. Back in school....they were the best times and NOTHING will ever beat them days. Just as long as Uni is better than my college them im happy.

lol :lol: ..wats was da point, i swear the guy didnt offend u in the thread

Best time of my life tbh..i had a great experience...I miss being an undergraduate sometimes...but I wouldn’t be in my new job that I’m loving without going thru all that... not everything was hunky-dory but overall the good times outweighed the bad!